Beautiful sista in the diaspora sons White-Identified Nigerians

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Imo, Pan Africanism can’t truly begin until we collectively as Black people take over the education of our youth.

Facts.. And im starting this weekend..

For Juneteenth, im having a gathering of some teens to discuss the purpose of the day..

And I will encourage them to take this day and build it into a black centered, national celebration..

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel like we cooked. Them 1960 to 1980 babies sealed the deal. Gen Z might willingly walk us back into chains. It's like I know we lost but I refuse to admit it. That warning shot was possibly the 90s and a bit of the 2000s. I may be overthinking shyt but we are regressing

Definitely the 90s breh..

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
One of my FAVORITE books is "Decolonising The Mind" by Ngugi Wa'Thiongo. He's a Kenyan author, but he speaks in this book about his education experience... I'd imagine the experience was similar in Nigeria and elsewhere:

English became the language of my formal education. In Kenya, English became more than a language: it was the language, and all others had to bow before it in deference. Thus, one of the most humiliating experiences was to be caught speaking Gikuyu in the vicinity of the school. The culprit was given corporal punishment -- three to five strikes of the cane on bare buttocks -- or was made to carry a metal plate around the neck with inscriptions such as I AM STUPID or I AM A DONKEY. Sometimes the culprits were fined money they could hardly afford. And how did the teachers catch the culprit? A button was initially given to one pupil who was supposed to hand it over to whoever was caught speaking his mother tongue. Whoever had the button at the end of the day would sing who had given it to him and the ensuing process would bring out all the culprit of the day. The children were turned into witchhunterss and in the process being taught the lucrative value of being a traitor to one's immediate community.

. . .

Selections from primary into secondary were through an examination, in my time called Kenya African Preliminary Examination, in which one had to pass six subjects ranging from Maths to Nature Study and Kiswahili. All the papers were written in English. Nobody could pass the exam who failed the English language paper no matter how brilliantly he had done in the other subjects. I remember one boy in my class of 1954 who had distinctions in all subjects except English, which he had failed. He was made to fail the entire exam. He went on to become a turn boy in a bus company. I who had only passes but a credit in English got a place at the Alliance High School, one of the most elitist institutions in colonial Kenya. The requirements for a place at the University, Makerere University College, were broadly the same: nobody could go on to wear the undergraduate red down, now matter how brilliantly they had performed in all the other subjects unless they had a credit -- not even a simple pass! -- in English. Thus the most coveted place in the pyramid and in the system was only available to the holder of an Englih language credit card. English was the official vehicle and the magic formula to colonial elitedom.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
I feel like we cooked. Them 1960 to 1980 babies sealed the deal. Gen Z might willingly walk us back into chains. It's like I know we lost but I refuse to admit it. That warning shot was possibly the 90s and a bit of the 2000s. I may be overthinking shyt but we are regressing
i wouldn't say that yet

it's a fork in the road moment

keep watch

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I'm ignorant but how do these places get compromised so easily? Again, I'm ignorant but how can or would Pan Africanism work when we are so tribal? Like we try to defend blocks we don't own and countries that have been sold. When will or when do we start to buy things back or buy what we "claim" to be ours? Better question is HOW?

People from other countries with the means, open up private schools for the best and brightest. I know in Ethiopia they have different schools opened by Europeans. My niece goes to ‘talian school as we call it which is basically a school run by Italians. My brother went to Greek School. So on and so forth. They got French School, and all other kinds of Eurocentric school there is.

When you add in the TV selections from the West, which are majority white, Arab, Turkish, Indian, and Chinese media then imo those ingredients are enough to create a neo-colonized African through the mind.

Edit: fixing the problem take incremental but tangible steps. Black people from the diaspora are a major resource with regards to this. HBCUs produce Black educators and some of those educators can be pioneers in a new, African centered education system on the continent and in the diaspora itself. Some of the movements going on here would be a success over there too imo.

Last edited:

JackRoss

Veteran
Daps
i wouldn't say that yet

it's a fork in the road moment

keep watch

We stay watching and waiting. We been doing that. We not getting harmony in our lifetime. Our people sat for years before and after our great leaders. Gen Z seems even more context than Gen X and are adapting to the bs. Time isn't on our side.

JackRoss

Veteran
Daps
People from other countries with the means, open up private schools for the best and brightest. I know in Ethiopia they have different schools opened by Europeans. My niece goes to ‘talian school as we call it which is basically a school run by Italians. My brother went to Greek School. So on and so forth. They got French School, and all other kinds of Eurocentric school there is.

When you add in the TV selections from the West, which are majority white, Arab, Turkish, Indian, and Chinese media then imo those ingredients are enough to create a neo-colonized African through the mind.

Edit: fixing the problem take incremental but tangible steps. Black people from the diaspora are a major resource with regards to this. HBCUs produce Black educators and some of those educators can be pioneers in a new, African centered education system on the continent and in the diaspora itself. Some of the movements going on here would be a success over there too imo.

I hope you don't think I believe Africa is a country lol. I know it is a continent of different countries. I'm not the smartest person in the world but I shouldn't have labeled Africa in that way.

I have zero issues with black people that know our culture but what do "they" (I hate saying they when it comes to other black people) say or know about black america. Like the entire history isn't propaganda

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
90s baby weren't birthing these influx of c00ns. Somebody dropped the ball. It was those that lived life in the 70s and 80s

If you were 18 to 25 in the 80s, then that was the generation that led us here. The 1980s did something to black people as whole. I haven't quite pinpointed what it was or how it happened. I know people point to crack, but there's something else. Crack was more of a symptom than the cause.

JackRoss

Veteran
Daps
Definitely the 90s breh..

shyt some people born in the 50s dropped the ball too. They created a lost generation. Yeah the 90s was fun but I'm seeing things that make me say YIKES. Millennials and beyond have to pick up the ball cuz they close to going home and just dont give a fukk. Gen X and them Boomers sent us up shyt Creek. Gen Z only amplifies it

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
90s baby weren't birthing these influx of c00ns. Somebody dropped the ball. It was those that lived life in the 70s and 80s

I mean the babies born in the 90s..

c00ns were born in all generations..

But it seems as if those born in the 90s and beyond will do anything for attention. That's the main ingredient for c00ning next to self hate..

JackRoss

Veteran
Daps
If you were 18 to 25 in the 80s, then that was the generation that led us here. The 1980s did something to black people as whole. I haven't quite pinpointed what it was or how it happened. I know people point to crack, but there's something else. Crack was more of a symptom than the cause.

Bruh it's something I just can't pinpoint it. I might sound crazy sometimes about this but I really just want to get to the root of the issue. My grandma who has been in Chicago since at least the 60s tells me about being a little girl with her siblings working in fields in Mississippi, a very rural area when she was a kid. I'm more prone to believe her than The Coli shyt. She wasn't a slave. Her mother wasn't a slave either. Ruthville or some shyt. She was born in 1939. She always talks about her mother. I dont ask about her demise. Slavery and black subservience is deep.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I hope you don't think I believe Africa is a country lol. I know it is a continent of different countries. I'm not the smartest person in the world but I shouldn't have labeled Africa in that way.

I have zero issues with black people that know our culture but what do "they" (I hate saying they when it comes to other black people) say or know about black america. Like the entire history isn't propaganda

Nah I wasn’t implying that at all. I can only speak on Ethiopia since my fam from there. All I can say is in terms of the majority, the wrong people are educating the youth in that country.