Beautiful sista in the diaspora sons White-Identified Nigerians

JackRoss

Veteran
Daps
I mean the babies born in the 90s..

c00ns were born in all generations..

But it seems as if those born in the 90s and beyond will do anything for attention. That's the main ingredient for c00ning next to self hate..

All publicity is not good for us. They have seen us as savages and animals since the inception of this country.

I see it like that Black Mirror episode. The one with the dude from Mad Men. It was am episode where you can block people and him and the other guy were telling stories and in the end they blocked him from seeing EVERYBODY. I'm convinced a lot of white have that type of mental block. They only see looters and rioting done by black people and can't see the white, white latino looters. They only see black looters. Their minds just won't allow them to see anything other than black people. They allow their eyes to lie to them.

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm 10 seconds in but what is taught about Black Americans or Black America in Canada, London, Africa, and Caribbean in schools or just life? I'm more interested in the schools part. Not a diss at all, just curious.

What is taught about Africa, black Canada, black UK, Caribbean in America? Just curious, also not a diss

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
One of my FAVORITE books is "Decolonising The Mind" by Ngugi Wa'Thiongo. He's a Kenyan author, but he speaks in this book about his education experience... I'd imagine the experience was similar in Nigeria and elsewhere:

English became the language of my formal education. In Kenya, English became more than a language: it was the language, and all others had to bow before it in deference. Thus, one of the most humiliating experiences was to be caught speaking Gikuyu in the vicinity of the school. The culprit was given corporal punishment -- three to five strikes of the cane on bare buttocks -- or was made to carry a metal plate around the neck with inscriptions such as I AM STUPID or I AM A DONKEY. Sometimes the culprits were fined money they could hardly afford. And how did the teachers catch the culprit? A button was initially given to one pupil who was supposed to hand it over to whoever was caught speaking his mother tongue. Whoever had the button at the end of the day would sing who had given it to him and the ensuing process would bring out all the culprit of the day. The children were turned into witchhunterss and in the process being taught the lucrative value of being a traitor to one's immediate community.

. . .

Selections from primary into secondary were through an examination, in my time called Kenya African Preliminary Examination, in which one had to pass six subjects ranging from Maths to Nature Study and Kiswahili. All the papers were written in English. Nobody could pass the exam who failed the English language paper no matter how brilliantly he had done in the other subjects. I remember one boy in my class of 1954 who had distinctions in all subjects except English, which he had failed. He was made to fail the entire exam. He went on to become a turn boy in a bus company. I who had only passes but a credit in English got a place at the Alliance High School, one of the most elitist institutions in colonial Kenya. The requirements for a place at the University, Makerere University College, were broadly the same: nobody could go on to wear the undergraduate red down, now matter how brilliantly they had performed in all the other subjects unless they had a credit -- not even a simple pass! -- in English. Thus the most coveted place in the pyramid and in the system was only available to the holder of an Englih language credit card. English was the official vehicle and the magic formula to colonial elitedom.

Wow that's messed up.

We only ever hear about the colorism part of colonialism. This almost sounds worse.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
If you were 18 to 25 in the 80s, then that was the generation that led us here. The 1980s did something to black people as whole. I haven't quite pinpointed what it was or how it happened. I know people point to crack, but there's something else. Crack was more of a symptom than the cause.
Destabilized black families. Made it so if we needed help from the government. The man couldn’t be in the household. Basically forcing black men to either be on child support or out of the household completely. A lot of latch key kids birthed these 90s babies as well. The Boomers fukked that all up by being selfish.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Now that's naturally pretty/bad...:takedat:

Imagine her dolled up...:wow:

If Nigerians are so spectacular, why haven't they made their living situation in Nigeria ideal? :mjgrin:

fukk they tryin to get it poppin over here for? Pop it off in your own region. They only get off over here, cuz their used as pawns, tokens, and agents of chaos, against AAs....:pachaha:

Nigeria ia a failed country, doomed to failure from the start and living up to those expectations

collateral.

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Notice how the usual suspects aren’t here because they can’t dispute anything she said. They don’t have a avenue here to derail the thread, and that’s why this thread is civil. Only c00ns on Twitter get the hot debates, but if it’s someone who you can’t call xyz then it’s crickets. Interesting.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Pull up some of these old threads on here that's filled with African n Caribbean posters saying the most bigoted shyt about Black American DOS

And now them same poster acting like they with us:mjlol:

Nah
Stay ya ass with the cacs

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
@Thurgood Thurston III

Berlin of 1884 was effected through the sword and the bullet. But the night of the sword and the bullet was followed by the morning of the chalk and the blackboard. The physical violence of the battle field was followed by the psychological violence of the classroom.

. . .

The oppressed and the exploited of the earth maintain their defiance: liberty from theft. But the biggest weapon wielded and actually daily unleashed by imperialism against that collective defiance is the cultural bomb. The effect of a cultural bomb is to annihilate a people's belief in their names, in their languages, in their environment, in their heritage of struggle, in their unity, in their capacities and ultimately in themselves. It makes them see their past as one wasteland of non-achievement and it makes them want to distance themselves from that wasteland. It makes them want to identify with that which is decadent and reactionary, all those forces which would stop their own springs of life.
Breh was speaking directly on the experience on the continent. This wasn't meant intended for us in the diaspora, but them parallels... them dualities
full

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of my fellow black immigrants that genuinely subscribe to respectability politics have been getting that wake-up call.

those days of "go to school and pull your pants up and speak well and you won't see racism" are a thing of the past.

Hell it never was a thing to begin with anyway......

Last edited:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
If you were 18 to 25 in the 80s, then that was the generation that led us here. The 1980s did something to black people as whole. I haven't quite pinpointed what it was or how it happened. I know people point to crack, but there's something else. Crack was more of a symptom than the cause.

It’s called Reaganomics