Beautiful sista in the diaspora sons White-Identified Nigerians

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Notice how the usual suspects aren’t here because they can’t dispute anything she said. They don’t have a avenue here to derail the thread, and that’s why this thread is civil. Only c00ns on Twitter get the hot debates, but if it’s someone who you can’t call xyz then it’s crickets. Interesting.

she was completely wrong about we : Black Americans being stole
:camby:

i really wish that Bullshyt lie fukking STOP’s

we were sold not stole

collateral.

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
she was completely wrong about we : Black Americans being stole
:camby:

i really wish that Bullshyt lie fukking STOP’s

we were sold not stole
Oh lord. Like we all don't know that. She probably misspoke because you still understood what she is saying. It's called the Atlantic Slave TRADE.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
If you were 18 to 25 in the 80s, then that was the generation that led us here. The 1980s did something to black people as whole. I haven't quite pinpointed what it was or how it happened. I know people point to crack, but there's something else. Crack was more of a symptom than the cause.

The death of Malcolm X & MLK, the breakdown of the Panthers, males from that era being locked up & killed over bullshyt leaving singles mothers to raise the chidren, gangs, crack & guns being allowed & flooding our neighborhoods, & of course the famous "War on Drugs"/Reganomics decimated our communities across the states

It started with the Civil Rights generation & it trickled down to the 80's generation

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Destabilized black families. Made it so if we needed help from the government. The man couldn’t be in the household. Basically forcing black men to either be on child support or out of the household completely. A lot of latch key kids birthed these 90s babies as well. The Boomers fukked that all up by being selfish.

Pretty much what I just posted bro & you beat me to it. We really felt that effects of that shyt in the 80's & 90's; especially in NY. Too many Black youths lost their lives during that crazy time

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
This is good. Nothing but respect for those that got here from out of town and understand/respect/acknowledge that is was the ones already here that laid the foundation. The more that come to this realization, the better.

An entire unified people? Get the rest of the world going :whoa:, right quick.

Hydroking23

Gunners for Life!
Daps
Reppin
Michigan Avenue & Aba Road
Unfortunately African American history is not taught in Nigeria at all. Your average Nigerian knows very little about how their fellow black brothers and sisters were treated in this country. They have always shaped their world view through the lenses of their colonial masters (The British and Hollywood). This is why the Average Nigerian perspective on African Americans is very myopic and ignorant. Having lived and worked in Nigeria when you educate them about Jim Crow and Reconstruction they are shocked. As black people we need to understand that Colonialism and white supremacy was designed to ensure the diaspora and motherland were never meant to come together.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Damn she blacked out!!!!!!!
XNl2f7i.gif

SwLUQBP.gif

UKVu0t8.gif

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
Didn't watch the whole thing but what I did watch was fact based. A low % of people across the world speak and make decisions based off of facts. I don't waste too much time analyzing folks who don't move based on facts but I appreciate her spreading the message.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Unfortunately African American history is not taught in Nigeria at all. Your average Nigerian knows very little about how their fellow black brothers and sisters were treated in this country. They have always shaped their world view through the lenses of their colonial masters (The British and Hollywood). This is why the Average Nigerian perspective on African Americans is very myopic and ignorant. Having lived and worked in Nigeria when you educate them about Jim Crow and Reconstruction they are shocked. As black people we need to understand that Colonialism and white supremacy was designed to ensure the diaspora and motherland were never meant to come together.
FACTS
bbbbut, iF yOu fRoM nIgErIa YoUr BeEf iS wItH BrItAiN.

iF yOu FrOm HaIti, YoUr bEeF iS wItH fRaNcE

As if ALL these b*stards didn't coalesce and convene on how to carve us and our resources up :martin:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Sounds like laziness and excuses. How come the Chinese, Europeans, and Arabs immigrate and become millionaires in a few short years. Not only in your homeland but y'all the overwhelming majority

Sounds like laziness and excuses. How come the Chinese, Europeans, and Arabs immigrate and become millionaires in a few short years. Not only in the US but y'all have significant numbers?

See how ignorant that shyt sounds.

Nigeria is a country made by colonialism. Many different tribes, people, cultures and languages. Like most colonialism stories the British favoured certain tribes over others.

I come from the Benin Kingdom in the south of Nigeria, independent until 1897 when it was annexed by the British. Became part of what is now Nigeria.

Nigeria used to have an agricultural base but because of the military coups the economy relied on oil. Oil prices are unstable and fluctuate wildly. A lot of money in the 80s went into dictators pocket (we're talking billions of dollars) and went into western banks (see Europe and the US) Also a lot of money went into servicing foreign debt.

There's a ton more shyt that would take hours to rake over.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Oh lord. Like we all don't know that. She probably misspoke because you still understood what she is saying. It's called the Atlantic Slave TRADE.

:francis:

misspoke ????
u do understand there are plenty and I mean plenty of people that don’t believe West Africans sold their own people ..... shyt I would say more than half of the Africans on this site co-sign that bullshyt