Best place in america for a 20’s black man to move and grow

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
dont want to live in the hood to be around my people, but definitely dont want to be a token in some all nonblack neighborhood just to have a nice house.

where is the thriving professional black middle class community centered, ATL?? DMV??

TL15

Veteran
Daps
At home with your parents if possible so you can stack bread

Any cheap city if you have a job where you can work from home

Nashville if you’re in the “tech” business

St.Louis is diverse and affordable

overseas :blessed:

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
Depends on you. You're not giving enough information to answer this question.

what more do you need breh? Im an early 20s corporate dude from the tristate area. Up here in the NY-jersey-CT area, it pretty much is clearly segregated by income and race up here for the most part.

I want to live in a thriving area where i see Black folks enjoying life in MASS and not just making ends meet.

nice houses lined up filled with black families, and you can even go jogging in these nice neighborhoods without worrying abt some karen calling the cops on you.

Nightlife filled with happy black folk and the club aint getting closed early from a fight or shooting like it does here. Places i can just enjoy life without being “rich”, the NY Area is poppin to have fun and work, but outrageously expensive and kindve overfilled i feel at this point.

But yeah Thats all i want rn breh:wow:

buzzkill

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nap -> ATL
I moved to ATL at 23 almost 24. Im 27 now a web developer got plenty of women and really starting to hit my stride in life. ATL is good because its affordable and you will have fun. Everything has cons though so ATL has bad traffic, the people can be fake, bugs especially roaches are a problem in the south :picard:, the job market can be oversaturated, its starting to get overcrowded, you NEED a car because everything is so spread out you will have friends and women all over the city, its still the south and you will feel it the further u are away from the city:ufdup:.

Its a good place to start but I kind of want to try the west coast lifestyle. Other places I've heard and considered are dallas, dc, houston, and charlotte

TL15

Veteran
Daps
what more do you need breh? Im an early 20s corporate dude from the tristate area. Up here in the NY-jersey-CT area, it pretty much is clearly segregated by income and race up here for the most part.

I want to live in a thriving area where i see Black folks enjoying life in MASS and not just making ends meet.

nice houses lined up filled with black families, and you can even go jogging in these nice neighborhoods without worrying abt some karen calling the cops on you.

Nightlife filled with happy black folk and the club aint getting closed early from a fight or shooting like it does here. Places i can just enjoy life without being “rich”, the NY Area is poppin to have fun and work, but outrageously expensive and kindve overfilled i feel at this point.

But yeah Thats all i want rn breh:wow:

what you want doesn’t truly exist. You want a neighborhood that has nice homes lined up with black families in nice neighborhoods, but the homes need to be affordable (you mentioned you don’t want the need to be rich)

you aren’t going to find a black affordable utopia outside of HBCU cities at college age. They just don’t exist. ATL is good, DC is good, STL is good, but ultimately you’re going to have to sacrifice some of your “wants”.

if these places existed in perfect harmony, you’d already know about them :yeshrug:

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
DMV
Pros
are diverse black population
Sratistically thr most diverse population in the USA more than NY in general especially for dating.

Has nightlife in all 3 states
Pretty safe night life
Black middle class federal workers etc

Might be top 5 in the US for bad chicks
Borderline impossible not to eat as a man.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
I moved to ATL at 23 almost 24. Im 27 now a web developer got plenty of women and really starting to hit my stride in life. ATL is good because its affordable and you will have fun. Everything has cons though so ATL has bad traffic, the people can be fake, bugs especially roaches are a problem in the south :picard:, the job market can be oversaturated, its starting to get overcrowded, you NEED a car because everything is so spread out you will have friends and women all over the city, its still the south and you will feel it the further u are away from the city:ufdup:.

Its a good place to start but I kind of want to try the west coast lifestyle. Other places I've heard and considered are dallas, dc, houston, and charlotte

ATL is affordable? How much is a one bedroom in a cool area, on average?

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
DMV
Pros
are diverse black population
Sratistically thr most diverse population in the USA more than NY in general especially for dating.

Has nightlife in all 3 states
Pretty safe night life
Black middle class federal workers etc

Might be top 5 in the US for bad chicks
Borderline impossible not to eat as a man.

it seems like most chiccs i meet from dmv are fine as hell

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Op I’m 25 rn in the same position.

if you are single and have no intention of starting a family any time soon and want to enjoy the night life these are the only places I would consider living in. Since you from ny I think I can get a feel for what you’re looking for

DMV
Houston
Atlanta
Denver (if you the outdoors type)
Maybe LA (I would never live there though only visit)
Charlotte (what Boston/Providence is to nyc Charlotte is to Atlanta)

bro it’s real slim pickings our here, I could put a few more cities but unless you wanna starting pawgin I didn't bother