Best place in america for a 20’s black man to move and grow

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
doesn’t Philly feel more crowded to you?
It does but in a good way (for me), I like the vibe. I’m from the south and there’s definitely differences, but people are generally getting money up north and in metropolitan cities. Which is why I moved to Atlanta from south ga

I hate to be like this but brehs in the south generally move slower, if that makes sense

If we want things to be better than we can’t ignore the hood.
Facts. Yes we’ve been regulated to these areas by racists laws but we end up moving out, and a cac comes in years later, says it’s worth something, raises the prices and forces us out

buzzkill

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nap -> ATL
How much for inside the city for a dude like me who does not like suburbs or wants to be stuck in traffic?

im not from here so a breh born and raised may be able to give more insight but in the city i would say u might start around 1000-1100 but like i said ... u don't want to go too cheap in the city

Roaches are a problem forreal :lupe:

some of these "suburbs" aren't really the burbs like in most cities... you can live in a nice area like sandy springs and you are basically in the city. they even got the marta in sandy springs if u dont want to drive

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
It does but in a good way (for me), I like the vibe. I’m from the south and there’s definitely differences, but people are generally getting money up north and in metropolitan cities. Which is why I moved to Atlanta from south ga

I hate to be like this but brehs in the south generally move slower, if that makes sense

Facts. Yes we’ve been regulated to these areas by racists laws but we end up moving out, and a cac comes in years later, says it’s worth something, raises the prices and forces us out

yea the south is slower and that’s actually a good thing for some people who don’t like fast pace of living.

I actually love fast pace of living which is why I had a hard time adjusting to a place like west Palm Beach

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
im not from here so a breh born and raised may be able to give more insight but in the city i would say u might start around 1000-1100 but like i said ... u don't want to go too cheap in the city

Roaches are a problem forreal :lupe:

some of these "suburbs" aren't really the burbs like in most cities... you can live in a nice area like sandy springs and you are basically in the city. they even got the marta in sandy springs if u dont want to drive

Yea cause I was just having this convo with a friend. I don’t understand the concept of people going to work and being stuck in traffic. I want to be able to get to work quick and fast.

Daps
dont want to live in the hood to be around my people, but definitely dont want to be a token in some all nonblack neighborhood just to have a nice house.

where is the thriving professional black middle class community centered, ATL?? DMV??

Maybe like a DeSoto/Cedar Hill/Duncanville burb in Dallas. Lots of black professionals with nice homes but that probably won't appeal to a 20-something since it's mostly families.

Best bet is anything in the South. More black people in general so you have better odds of finding the right fit.

When you have kids and schools come into play, that requires a different sort of calculus.

buzzkill

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nap -> ATL
Yea cause I was just having this convo with a friend. I don’t understand the concept of people going to work and being stuck in traffic. I want to be able to get to work quick and fast.

Oh yeah make sure u get an apartment close to your job... dont be like i was driving an hour to and from work in traffic every day... that shyt takes a toll on your mental health

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Dmv is expensive as hell now
I seen a couple of posters talking about how much a single family home costs in another state and I had to double take.

Dmv is very diverse and easy to get a decent job though

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Oh yeah make sure u get an apartment close to your job... dont be like i was driving an hour to and from work in traffic every day... that shyt takes a toll on your mental health

Yea it does and I take my peace of mind very seriously

I don’t mind living far from my job either as long as there is a train present.

Last edited:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Living around people of the same income level is some wierd shyt. My mom tells me how she grew up with everybody living on the same Ave and blocks poor to upper middle class. We need more of that nowadays. A lot more.