Best place in america for a 20’s black man to move and grow

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
shyt u can find a 1bdrm right outside the city for around 800-1200 or so last time I looked.. cobb county has some cheap spots

and whats minimum wage ? how much IT nikkas make? those are typical city prices tho, i was actually expecting more ... but you say OUTSIDE?

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
Op I’m 25 rn in the same position.

if you are single and have no intention of starting a family any time soon and want to enjoy the night life these are the only places I would consider living in. Since you from ny I think I can get a feel for what you’re looking for

DMV
Houston
Atlanta
Denver (if you the outdoors type)
Maybe LA (I would never live there though only visit)
Charlotte (what Boston/Providence is to nyc Charlotte is to Atlanta)

bro it’s real slim pickings our here, I could put a few more cities but unless you wanna starting pawgin I didn't bother

Yeah breh, slim pickings is definitely the word, this country sucks for brehs in terms of variety and good living. I think i need to take a flight to houston and atlanta and DMV and see how they get down.

anyone know anything about living in Florida? I love miami and orlando every time i go.

buzzkill

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Midwest/GA
and whats minimum wage ? how much IT nikkas make? those are typical city prices tho, i was actually expecting more ... but you say OUTSIDE?
Min wage is 10. Idk about IT but Developers touching 6 figs with a few years experience. Yea i stay outside the city but it takes me about 10 mins to get to buckhead. Maybe 20 mins to the airport.

When people say they live in atl half the time they mean the metro atlanta area. The actual city of Atlanta is starting to get expensive but its definitely still not as bad as other cities. If u stay by the perimeter but not inside the perimeter u will be near the action but it won't be expensive

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
THE IS NO MAGIC WONDERLAND. I NOTICE THERE ARE A LOT OF THREADS ABOUT WHERE A BLACK MAN CAN GO TO BE HAPPY. THERE IS NO PLACE. THAT HAPPINESS COMES FROM INSIDE. THE GAME IS PROTECTING YOUR HAPPINESS. TAKE A VACATION AND UNPLUG FOR A WEEK OR EVEN TWO.

SOMETIMES YOU NEED TO DETACH FROM EVERYTHING. GO SOMEWHERE WHERE YOU DON'T HAVE TO BLACK. GO WHERE YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A MAN. GO WHERE YOU DON'T HAVE LIVE UP TO ANY RESPONSIBILITY. GO THERE AND BE YOU FOR 2 WEEKS. TAKE YOUR MASK OFF, BREHS. YOU'LL FIND OUT WHAT YOU ARE. STAY AS LONG AS YOU NEED TO SOLIDIFY THAT. THEN COME HOME.

I DID THAT 15 YEARS AGO AND NOBODY CAN SHAKE MY HAPPINESS.

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
dont want to live in the hood to be around my people, but definitely dont want to be a token in some all nonblack neighborhood just to have a nice house.

where is the thriving professional black middle class community centered, ATL?? DMV??

Also depends on what you do for a living and your income?

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
There ain’t no place in this land where it isn’t like this.
Basically but some on here live in fantasy land. To be honest OP question is goofy. You can grow as a black man anywhere. nikka sound like one of these clowns back in the day wanted to goto a new school so he could start over with the chicks because the chicks at his current school wasn't feeling him lol.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
St.Louis is diverse and affordable

overseas :blessed:
Definitely St. Louis. Was just down there last weekend, City has such a chill vibe to it. It’s midwestern in character but southern at heart

My sister in her mid 20s and doing very well down there in the finance field. Has a lot of friends that are black professionals in IT, finance, medical field, education and also eating.

plus you only 4-5 hours from Chicago, Nashville, Memphis if you wanna get away for the weekend

She paying $850 for a two bedroom in south city, nice Italian area

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Definitely St. Louis. Was just down there last weekend, City has such a chill vibe to it. It’s midwestern in character but southern at heart

My sister in her mid 20s and doing very well down there in the finance field. Has a lot of friends that are black professionals in IT, finance, medical field, education and also eating.

She paying $850 for a two bedroom in south city, nice Italian area

STL is slept on. Great culture food etc. lots of great architecture, four seasons, relatively inexpensive...

but... don’t get caught slipping :ufdup: it’s some hood nyggas and racists in STL

adexkola

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
At home with your parents if possible so you can stack bread

Any cheap city if you have a job where you can work from home

Nashville if you’re in the “tech” business

St.Louis is diverse and affordable

overseas :blessed:

This. Somewhere where you can stack up. Living alone is cool for the chicks but that shyt adds nothing to your pockets, so if you can live with parents or can stomach roommates, do that shyt. If you can work from home, even better.

Find yourself some cheap hobbies and build.