Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Has anyone here taking the MCSA 70-778 or 70-779? If so, what are your recommendations on study materials or general review?

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
I feel that I'm almost ready to pass an SQL interview. Can anyone tell me what it's like once you get in these environments? Next Im just trying to master SSIS and SSRS.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I feel that I'm almost ready to pass an SQL interview. Can anyone tell me what it's like once you get in these environments? Next Im just trying to master SSIS and SSRS.

Depends on the company really. You might be doing a lot of DBA work or query analyzing, or stored procedure writing.

SSIS and SSRS are completely different from tsql and completely different from each other.

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
SSIS and SSRS are completely different from tsql and completely different from each other.
Oh yeah. My study group watched this lab yesterday. We're currently studying SQL (refining ourseleves) but to break up the monotony we checked out some SSIS.....Totally understand they're differnt (although interwoven) tho

Lab1)

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Does your DS team actually provide insight and value to the company, or are you just displaying the data to the higher ups? I've seen plenty of "data science" presentations that don't tell us what we're actually supposed to get from the data...it's just a bunch of charts. Just something to keep in mind.

I'm not a "data scientist" but my job is to analyze data and look for ways to improve processes / increase efficiency / cut costs. Some of it is just mindlessly sending people charts/data that they don't use...But we do go further and try to come up with ways of turning the data into something that's actionable.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ok so Microsoft is sunsetting it's MCSA certifications (among others) on 6/30. I'm looking to get certified to pad my resume post-recession and so I want to squeeze it in and be able to put it on my resume.

A lot of posts online suggest that the free edX Power BI course (Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI) is pretty straightforward and goes a long way in terms of the Microsoft's Power BI test.

The next cohort starts 4/1. I have signed up & will be tackling it in between working from home. If anyone is interested and wants to do it together, let me know and I'll start a group chat! As far as I know, the only prerequisite for the course is a minimal understand of Excel.

Given the Microsoft owns/advertises Power BI, it has a leg up over the competition in terms of being widely accepted by future employers so I hope that someone else wants to do it with me.

Here's an intro to Power BI:

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Ok so Microsoft is sunsetting it's MCSA certifications (among others) on 6/30. I'm looking to get certified to pad my resume post-recession and so I want to squeeze it in and be able to put it on my resume.

A lot of posts online suggest that the free edX Power BI course (Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI) is pretty straightforward and goes a long way in terms of the Microsoft's Power BI test.

The next cohort starts 4/1. I have signed up & will be tackling it in between working from home. If anyone is interested and wants to do it together, let me know and I'll start a group chat! As far as I know, the only prerequisite for the course is a minimal understand of Excel.

Given the Microsoft owns/advertises Power BI, it has a leg up over the competition in terms of being widely accepted by future employers so I hope that someone else wants to do it with me.

I might be down. I’ll sign up

King45

Banned
Daps

Thanks, im signing up for this