adexkola

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Using the next 90 days (will be stuck at home so might as well) to hone my Python and SQL skills.

In a Data Scientist role right now but I want to be versatile enough to snag contract roles that allow me to travel more. And the vast majority of roles in this space lean more towards the data engineering side of things. Interested in Power BI and other forms of visual analytics but I figure I should focus on the bread and butter of data mining before I go to more fancy topics.

Any thoughts or advice?

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Ok so Microsoft is sunsetting it's MCSA certifications (among others) on 6/30. I'm looking to get certified to pad my resume post-recession and so I want to squeeze it in and be able to put it on my resume.

A lot of posts online suggest that the free edX Power BI course (Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI) is pretty straightforward and goes a long way in terms of the Microsoft's Power BI test.

The next cohort starts 4/1. I have signed up & will be tackling it in between working from home. If anyone is interested and wants to do it together, let me know and I'll start a group chat! As far as I know, the only prerequisite for the course is a minimal understand of Excel.

Given the Microsoft owns/advertises Power BI, it has a leg up over the competition in terms of being widely accepted by future employers so I hope that someone else wants to do it with me.

Here's an intro to Power BI:

:lawd: Welcome to the club broski.

Gonna send some DMs now. If anyone else is interested, comment below or shoot me a DM!
if It's free I'll sign up....

I'm already learning few different things, but this new chick is taking away from my free time. :snoop:

Anyways let's @Secure Da Bag brehs :to:

edit:
I'm cool on dropping a $100.

I'm sure I can audit and still stats pad my resume.

Last edited:

adexkola

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
if It's free I'll sign up....

I'm already learning few different things, but this new chick is taking away from my free time. :snoop:

Anyways let's @Secure Da Bag brehs :to:

edit:
I'm cool on dropping a $100.

I'm sure I can audit and still stats pad my resume.

Me and my ex broke up a few weeks. One of the silver linings of that is that I have way more time. Not getting back into that until I've improved myself significantly in multiple aspects.

Speaking of, I might as well sign up for this Power BI course :mjgrin:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Me and my ex broke up a few weeks. One of the silver linings of that is that I have way more time. Not getting back into that until I've improved myself significantly in multiple aspects.

Speaking of, I might as well sign up for this Power BI course :mjgrin:
:ohlawd:The more the merrier.

I'll throw you in the group chat now

Mr.Plan B

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody hear anything about UI-path. I have job that starts in August they want me to learn that program.