Bill Maher shuts down Cornel West's stupidity equating Trump and Hillary

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
West definitely didn't articulate himself well here but what he is getting at is FOR BLACK FOLKS ONLY it didn't matter whether Trump or Hilary won. FOR BLACK FOLKS ONLY this was an exercise in futility because both candidates would maintain the status quo. BUT Black folks can no longer afford to maintain the status quo because the status quo has black folks on steady downward trend to becoming a permanent underclass. Over 50% of black wealth disappeared under Obama and black folks stayed complacent while it happened. The black community is in a state of crisis and neither party has addressed it directly. The lessor of two evils argument is silly when both evils are leading you to the same end result of being a permanent underclass.

Instead of worrying about supreme court picks and AG picks black folks might wanna start worrying about their basic SURVIVAL. Racist like Maher are not concerned with that.

Last edited:

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
West definitely didn't articulate himself well here but what he is getting at is FOR BLACK FOLKS ONLY it didn't matter whether Trump or Hilary won. FOR BLACK FOLKS ONLY this was an exercise in futility because both candidates would maintain the status quo. BUT Black folks can no longer afford to maintain the status quo because the status quo has black folks on steady downward trend to becoming a permanent underclass. Over 50% of black wealth disappeared under Obama and black folks stayed complacent while it happened. The black community is in a state of crisis and neither party has addressed it directly. The lessor of two evils argument is silly when both evils are leading you to the same end result of being a permanent underclass.

And the point any rational nikka is countering with is that , it does matter. Evidence of this is Jeff Sessions' tough on crime stance. Also considered are the wide sweeping budget cuts that affect public education ala funding for hbcus and school lunch programs.

What nihilist nikkas need to get through their thick skulls is that nikkas are stuck in this country, if it goes down, nikkas are going down with it. So if nikkas wanna hide behind "oh nikkas have had it bad since day 1, it can't get any worse", let's see them when climate change induced weather events like hurricanes and snowstorms start affecting the coastal states with high black populations and the republican adminstration won't provide federal relief, which would be especially funny but sad because they don't even acknowledge climate change, and the FEMA response would even be worse than "Bush doesn't like people" response.

nikkas need to get a fukking grip

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And the point any rational nikka is countering with is that , it does matter. Evidence of this is Jeff Sessions' tough on crime stance. Also considered are the wide sweeping budget cuts that affect public education ala funding for hbcus and school lunch programs.

What nihilist nikkas need to get through their thick skulls is that nikkas are stuck in this country, if it goes down, nikkas are going down with it. So if nikkas wanna hide behind "oh nikkas have had it bad since day 1, it can't get any worse", let's see them when climate change induced weather events like hurricanes and snowstorms start affecting the coastal states with high black populations and the republican adminstration won't provide federal relief, which would be especially funny but sad because they don't even acknowledge climate change, and the FEMA response would even be worse than "Bush doesn't like people" response.

The country isnt going down. ONLY Black folks are.. That what you don't seem to get. These white folks like Maher will be fine thats why they have no real sense of urgency when it comes to black issues. Following their lead is suicidal for black folks. Maher and Dems got folks like you are worried about every issue and everything except black folks basic survival. I never said it cant get worse.. I said its ONLY GOING TO GET WORSE and it has been getting worse for black folks regardless of who is in office. Both parties have black folks headed towards becoming a permanent underclass. Over 50% of black wealth gone under Obama and you wanted to maintain that trend by keeping the status quo??? And as a community black folks may already be beyond the point of no return.

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
The country isnt going down. ONLY Black folks are.. That what you don't seem to get. These white folks like Maher will be fine thats why they have no real sense of urgency when it comes to black issues. Following their lead is suicidal for black folks. Maher and Dems got folks like you are worried about every issue and everything except black folks basic survival. I never said it cant get worse.. I said its ONLY GOING TO GET WORSE and it has been getting worse for black folks regardless of who is in office. Both parties have black folks headed towards becoming a permanent underclass. Over 50% of black wealth gone under Obama and you wanted to maintain that trend by keeping the status quo??? And as a community black folks may already be beyond the point of no return.

How isn't tougher law enforcement a contemporary black issue? How isn't the department of Justice turning a blind eye on police brutality a contemporary black issue? How isn't cutting funding for public schools a black issue? How isn't repealing roe vs Wade a black issue considering the out of wedlock rates in the community? How isn't healthcare a black issue? Are we now suddenly immune to diseases? How isn't global warming a black issue? So because there might be some overlap with other groups, it's not a black issue?

You talk about the bottom line, black wealth, like all these issues don't affect that. Even if there is reason to believe the democrats aren't for nikkas, as they claim, why would the consequent disillusionment now lead a nikka to stand out of the way of the GOP, when they have made it clear that they're the enemy? Under what school of thought whether black separatism or black economics allows for that? These are questions that I find difficult to answer when your sentinments are echoed by surprising amount of nikkas.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How isn't tougher law enforcement a contemporary black issue? How isn't the department of Justice turning a blind eye on police brutality a contemporary black issue? How isn't cutting funding for public schools a black issue? How isn't repealing roe vs Wade a black issue considering the out of wedlock rates in the community? How isn't healthcare a black issue? Are we now suddenly immune to diseases? How isn't global warming a black issue? So because there might be some overlap with other groups, it's not a black issue?

You talk about the bottom line, black wealth, like all these issues don't affect that. Even if there is reason to believe the democrats aren't for nikkas, as they claim, why would the consequent disillusionment now lead a nikka to stand out of the way of the GOP, when they have made it clear that they're the enemy? Under what school of thought whether black separatism or black economics allows for that? These are questions that I find difficult to answer when your sentinments are echoed by surprising amount of nikkas.

You are correct that all of those issues effect black people much more than other groups.. But all those issues are also symptoms of the larger problem of lack of black wealth. And in light of all this dems still refuse consider solutions that target ONLY black people directly in response making them clearly your enemy as well. Obama said a rising tide lifts all boats.. which is true but that doesn't address the fact that other groups in yatchs and black folks are in a row boat. You have to address disparity directly.

Hilary talked about fixing the pay gap for women as a conerstone of her platform when the data clearly shows that the racial gap in pay is larger problem and white women make even more than black men when equally qualified. But that's who you think black people should support?

Like I said following them is suicidal. The status quo is dangerous to the black community. All data shows this. Its a downward trend towards permanent underclass. That's why Obama bragged about a jobs report that showed white unemployment going down while blacks unemployment was more than double that of whites and increasing. Guys like Maher and dems have no issues with that. It didnt trigger any urgency from politicians to enact policies addressing it directly because blacks folks in crisis is now status quo. It's accepted as normal that blacks are worse off than everyone else. Do you support 50% of black wealth being eliminated under Obama? Which democratic candidate is even talking about black wealth and black economic empowerment? Clinton didnt. Obama didnt. Even Bernie didnt.

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
You are correct that all of those issues effect black people much more than other groups.. But all those issues are also symptoms of the larger problem of lack of black wealth. And in light of all this dems still refuse consider solutions that target ONLY black people directly in response making them clearly your enemy as well. Obama said a rising tide lifts all boats.. which is true but that doesn't address the fact that other groups in yatchs and black folks are in a row boat. You have to address disparity directly.

Hilary talked about fixing the pay gap for women as a conerstone of her platform when the data clearly shows that the racial gap in pay is larger problem and white women make even more than black men when equally qualified. But that's who you think black people should support?

Like I said following them is suicidal. The status quo is dangerous to the black community. All data shows this. Its a downward trend towards permanent underclass. That's why Obama bragged about a jobs report that showed white unemployment going down while blacks unemployment was more than double that of whites and increasing. Guys like Maher and dems have no issues with that. It didnt trigger any urgency from politicians to enact policies addressing it directly because blacks folks in crisis is now status quo. It's accepted as normal that blacks are worse off than everyone else. Do you support 50% of black wealth being eliminated under Obama? Which democratic candidate is even talking about black wealth and black economic empowerment? Clinton didnt. Obama didnt. Even Bernie didnt.

So global warming is symptomatic of the growing wealth disparity? That major issue should be a deal breaker on this. So justice isn't more important wealth in this case? I don't even know what to say.

I want to know, what policies do you propose that can directly target black people that aren't already in place?

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment

People don't even care about climate change like that which is sad. When I share articles about it on Facebook, it gets like 2 likes but, when I share some idiot article from Buzzfeed or something, it gets 20. I think the temperature in Alaska has shot up 30 or so degrees over the last 80 years to the point that many of the structures up there are collapsing since they were built on ice that's now melting. The other day there was an article about grass being sighted in Antarctica. A whole side of a mountain covered in green grass. People are not going to pay attention until it's too late. Our grandkids are going to hate us.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
West completely crushed bill, bill had 0 facts just that goofya$$ crowd behind him. And then they teaming up stanning for pence :mjlol:lol mike f%cking pence unbelievable

And y'all acting like bill talking that sh!t :scust:

Shyt was gross.

They not our allies brehs :mjpls:

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
regardless of who you agree with here, i just wanted to point out that maher has no interest in having a conversation with anyone. all you have to do on his show is SUGGEST there is an alternative point of view and he starts screaming over you. cornell could have provided irrefutable proof that hillary clinton was satan and bill maher would have drowned it out.

every single thing maher goes ballistic about with trump, a similar accusation can be made about hillary. but like most political cheerleaders he only cares about lies and corruption when its coming from the other team.

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
People don't even care about climate change like that which is sad. When I share articles about it on Facebook, it gets like 2 likes but, when I share some idiot article from Buzzfeed or something, it gets 20. I think the temperature in Alaska has shot up 30 or so degrees over the last 80 years to the point that many of the structures up there are collapsing since they were built on ice that's now melting. The other day there was an article about grass being sighted in Antarctica. A whole side of a mountain covered in green grass. People are not going to pay attention until it's too late. Our grandkids are going to hate us.

It's really sad that the voice of experts on something apolitical as natural science gets labelled as liberal. Conservatives would rather cite liberals as the culprits behind the divide in the nation, when no rational person can side with their foolishness.

Uncle Hotep

Banned
Supporter
Daps
West completely crushed bill, bill had 0 facts just that goofya$$ crowd behind him. And then they teaming up stanning for pence :mjlol:lol mike f%cking pence unbelievable

And y'all acting like bill talking that sh!t :scust:
:mjlol:

I almost want to say i cant believe..but looking at the posting in HL...i shouldnt be surprised.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So global warming is symptomatic of the growing wealth disparity? That major issue should be a deal breaker on this. So justice isn't more important wealth in this case? I don't even know what to say.

I want to know, what policies do you propose that can directly target black people that aren't already in place?

You talking about stuff like global warming and climate change when black children are being deliberately poisoned with contamominated drinking water all over the country. Thats the problem with folks like you and maher. Priority should be on preservation of black lives being impacted NOW. At this point Black folks may even live long enough to even be effected by global warming etc...

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
You talking about stuff like global warming and climate change when black children are being deliberately poisoned with contamominated drinking water all over the country. Thats the problem with folks like you and maher. Priority should be on preservation of black lives being impacted NOW. At this point Black folks may even live long enough to even be effected by global warming etc...

Now you're just exaggerating and being alarmist, which isn't helpful to this discussion. Also, wasn't it under a republican governor that the Flint water crisis occurred? Isn't cutting funding from the EPA with this new administration, detrimental to black kids? You might to conjure up images of black people being under constant siege in subtle ways, however I contend that not standing in the way of the GOP just helps makes those images a reality.