Billionaires are holding 8.5 Trillion dollars. The coli told me these businesses can't afford to pay employees a living wage.

Traveler

All Star
Daps
no it isnt and you're an idiot if you believe that.

society before capitalism and the modern work week was much more cooperative and socialized. people contributed where they could, life was not 100% work, that's a lie you've been fed.
I am not sure what fantasy land you are living in but most people had to farm to take care of themselves before capitalism. Which means you work sun up to sun down. At night you make babies for more labor and fix stuff by candle light and go to sleep. Most people were poor. Life was extremely hard.

Traveler

All Star
Daps
This man here said corporations are paying 40% taxes in America.

Oh, this sweet, sweet delusional boy.

:mjlol:

What's funny is you get proven wrong constantly and can't one produce anything to back up your bullshyt. Start giving numbers

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Ban borrowing against wealth.

Either you got it or you don't got it.

Our system has been based on this since we stopped using gold ro back debit. Banning collateral borrowing would could a global market crash.

We're too addicted to go cold turkey at this stage

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

What's funny is you get proven wrong constantly and can't one produce anything to back up your bullshyt. Start giving numbers
LOL

You're a goofball. You out here thinking McDonalds, Apple and Amazon dropping 40%?
I can post just as many numbers as you.

You been replying to me for days and you still can't come up with ONE reason why paying a living wage isn't sustainable.
But you wanna cry "Remote won't let me pivot to a different argument to deflect!! :damn:
:mjlol:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am not sure what fantasy land you are living in but most people had to farm to take care of themselves before capitalism. Which means you work sun up to sun down. At night you make babies for more labor and fix stuff by candle light and go to sleep. Most people were poor. Life was extremely hard.
there are multiple things wrong with this statement.

i am not from a fantasy land.

society existed even before farming existed, tilling the land to grow your own food to feed yourself is not the same thing as working for a boss and living in a rentier society, and i promise you that people had way more free time than the modern person described that apparently shouldn't have a minimum wage and should only exist to work and sleep.

you are brain broken by capitalism, period. there is a reason why people had powerful art, music and much more collaborative celebrations that people still try to evoke today. america has none of that. america is not a real society or community, it's just an appendage of capitalism.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
This might be mis informed but why can’t we just do it like property taxes.

My property taxes seem to go up every damn year when I ain’t did shyt to the place.

My value just went up so i owe more.

Considering you can borrow against both, as well as sell trade and buy I don’t see why stocks can’t be treated as property.

Although stocks are not tangible, they are being treated as such and houses are being treated as speculative assets.
Never seen this put this way

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
The whole system is a house of cards.

Elon's "wealth" comes from his stock.
The stocks "value" comes from what people think Tesla will be worth in the future.

Toyota makes 10 times the cars, 10 times more reliable, and is worth LESS THAN HALF OF Tesla.

Money is already a con to begin with - piece of paper = half an apple. Da hell.
And now that piece of paper is numbers on a screen - pixels.

I don't want to go on about means of exchange/store of value, much less the gold standard, much less fractional reserve banking, much less global trade.

The American collegiate system failed a whole lot of y'all. Half of y'all still thinking we're sending Ukraine stacks of 20's and hundreds straight from Ft Knox on US aircraft carriers, while some random global illuminati is bathing in blood of children while having gay orgies and keeping Katt Williams out of the presidency.

Last edited:

Traveler

All Star
Daps
there are multiple things wrong with this statement.

i am not from a fantasy land.

society existed even before farming existed, tilling the land to grow your own food to feed yourself is not the same thing as working for a boss and living in a rentier society, and i promise you that people had way more free time than the modern person described that apparently shouldn't have a minimum wage and should only exist to work and sleep.

you are brain broken by capitalism, period. there is a reason why people had powerful art, music and much more collaborative celebrations that people still try to evoke today. america has none of that. america is not a real society or community, it's just an appendage of capitalism.
You really don't know what farm work is like. Sitting in an office is 10000000x easier than agriculture work. Stop peddling insanity. You know what society existed before agriculture? Hunter/gatherer. Which was even harder lol

I guarantee if you had to grow your own food for survival you would quit.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Thanks. Since you posted this, can you track this case here when it comes up?
Humor is a good entree to discussions about important topics. But this thread has played out like the majority of the others. A smilie and insult fest between grown men.Never moves beyond that.

I have a notion of how Moore v. United States will be decided, but I'm gonna follow it.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Richest person in the world 2017:
Steady
Bill Gates$86.0 billion
Increase
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States
Microsoft
Increase
Warren Buffett$75.6 billion
Increase
United States
Berkshire Hathaway

Richest people in the world 2023:
Increase
Bernard Arnault & family$211 billion
Increase
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
France
LVMH
Decrease
Elon Musk$180 billion
Decrease
United States/
23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png
South Africa
Tesla, SpaceX

Richest person in the world didn't even break $100 billion a few years ago, now they're rapidly approaching $300 Billion.

Meanwhile:

"Enjoy your 5% raises shonny that's good money right derre."

Trickle down economics didn't work. Many engineers on subreddit will confirm that. One of the dumbest decisions ever. They don't even want to pay taxes that'd have no impact on their way of life.
Wonder how much of Bernard Arnaults money is Black money

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I have a notion of how Moore v. United States will be decided, but I'm gonna follow it.

I have a good feeling they'll be able to wriggle out of actually making a decision, and focus on some procedural grounds - such and such taxpayer doesn't have standing, or this is a political question and not justiciable...