Black Business and Black Politics - Why is our energy different?

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
You throw money to the business first or to each other

Then you set up bureaucracies with the money circulating the community. We don’t get funding from the govt so the money circulating is our own money. It is a strength and a weakness

Then bribe the politicians

In regards to politicians, this community really thinks these politicians will give them perks just for their vote and we wonder why nothing goes our way when we get them into office

You have to be in their pockets

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
Black politics only works for Black people locally. And even then, politicians answer to a lot of folks. Until/unless wealthy Blacks are the biggest influence, Black politicians don't do Black things.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
It’s like that in every community. Business is more important than politics. You have to pay the politicians to carry out your agenda can’tdo that if you don’t have any businesses.

I don’t even think certain ethnic groups vote in large numbers, but they can drop that bag of cash when. They need some shyt done

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
It’s like that in every community. Business is more important than politics. You have to pay the politicians to carry out your agenda can’tdo that if you don’t have any businesses.

I don’t even think certain ethnic groups vote in large numbers, but they can drop that bag of cash when. They need some shyt done

A Chinese lady I think got away with murdering a breh here in the states

She had the whole Chinese community throwing in millions for her when that woman was a wealthy realtor

That’s power.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
This is a long article but folks need to read this.

A Bad Check for Black America
Nixon’s embrace of “black capitalism” was a canny move that ultimately decimated the black community and turned the wealth gap into a wealth chasm.

A Bad Check for Black America

#ADOS never told folks "don't support black businesses". We've just said that you can't do Black Business or Black Capitalism WITH NO CAPITAL.
You can't have Black Business without the political protections. Folks want to put the cart before the horse because "Black Business" sounds good and feeds the ego.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Right. It has to make sense.

But this is also one area of support that I think we need to consider taking one for the team. Supporting a black bank means supporting business loans given to black entrepreneurs who may have gotten denied by white banks, it means supporting black homeownership, etc. It has a broader and more direct range in enriching the community. Just barely supporting black banks does us a bit of harm because it is directly proportionate to the types of investments that bank can make in it’s immediate community. I think this is one area we need to consider going all in here, in spite of possibly getting better returns elsewhere. We’re essentially doing the same with home ownership when we make the decision to buy in black neighborhoods when there’s a good chance our homes will see a higher appreciation at a faster rate if we brought in integrated or predominantly white areas.

This is why ADOS politics is needed, so the ADOS businesses and institutions get the proper funding to offer competitive services.

Daps
I think if people new that some black business people are not going to benefit the community, they wouldn't care about buying from a cheaper white competitor with a better product. It's easier to figure that out from a politician who is forced to take a public stance. Most people have no idea about what the local business man is thinking lol

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
Oh yes we have

just the people with the means from the car dealership to the CEO are the ones making the moves.

Once you have the businesses, you have the money to control the politicians. Every other group of people does this.

We have no power without the businesses.

But we still haven’t figured that out.