Black Geek Stockholm Syndrome.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
An acquaintance of mine wrote this a,while back.
Black Geek Stockholm Syndrome... It's real...

Stockholm syndrome
noun Psychiatry.
an emotional attachment to a captor formed by a hostage as a result of
continuous stress, dependence, and a need to cooperate for survival.
Contrary to what many people in the geekscape believe, there's a very, very large population of Black geeks in the U.S. and abroad. There are roughly three generations of Black media consumers who've grown up with a steady diet of Star Trek, Star Wars, BSG, video games, Marvel and DC Comics, D&D role playing modules and novels, Shaw Bros. Kung-Fu flicks, Japanese animation, Asian monster cinema, old school science-fiction and fantasy literature and the smorgasbord of speculative TV programming of the last 50 years.

Geoffrey Thorne
In a "classic" episode of my WRITING FOR ROOKIES podcast - Star Trek: Titan author Geoffrey Thorne muses that the explosion in Black geek fandom and creators is a direct result of the boom of middle class Black communities of the 1960s - 1980s.

Kevin Grevioux

This idea is substantiated by UNDERWORLD franchise co-creator Kevin Grevioux who believes that the lack of Black sci-fi creators in Hollywood is because the Black lower class is more concerned with survival and therefore does not have the time to invest in imagination cultivation and unreliable creative career paths.
They are both correct - although I disagree slightly with Kevin's assessment about the lack of Black sci-fi creators. The truth is that there are PLENTY of Black sci-fi creators, the problem is Black geeks refuse to support them.

Before anyone gets all riled up, understand this: WE (as in Black sci-fi creators) don't have the marketing budget of Marvel, DC, Sony, Warner Bros., Disney, Universal, Paramount, Microsoft, Nintendo, Harper/Collins, Scholastic or any of the ubiquitous media giants in the pop culture landscape.

http://foolscrusade.blogspot.com/2014/02/black-geek-stockholm-syndrome-its-real.html?m=1

@ORDER_66 we spoke about this.

@Turk some of the stuff you have to consider as a writer.

@Tenchi Ryu @The College Dropout @The M.I.C. @LordLoco @Booksnrain @Kaguya @Chill @Blackout

Colonel Sanders

Chief cookin
Daps
Star Trek, Star Wars, Marvel are good that's all, instead of blaming people who love good well though original series, maybe black artists need to do the same instead of doing the same old hip hop/gangsta series and movie. I would support black sci-fi series and i would even buy all their merchandise, but where are these series ?

The M.I.C.

The King In The West đź‘‘
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
latest

In.

Interesting and I agree with some of it..will respond accordingly with the discussion's progress.