Black men, this is what society looks like as a Black Matriarchy

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know young black 20 something females that are in college who are also getting food stamps and other forms of welfare

I've literally never seen a black male successfully achieve those types of benefits

You would have to have sole custody of your kid and be in a dire situation...... and I mean dire... and even then, the amount will pale in comparison to what a woman would receive with the same amount of kids and a workable income..... I can only speak for Alabama though

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
An anarchy is by definition a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.

Anarchy is just a slick word for leaderless...... and over the years, the majority of our leaders have been a certain gender until recently.... which kind of circles back to the point of our community being in a matriarchal state..... we can discuss the hows and whys all day, but the bottom line is that currently, women are the head of the black community....

Daps
Where were the so called men at during all this after the civil rights.

Y’all acting like they just disappeared. Why didn’t the older generation of men step up.

Why were/are their SOOO many broken families and kids without fathers. That many women weren’t shyt by themselves.

You can’t blame all on white supremacy. So much reakless behavior or want to be the boss now. Step up,and be the boss to YOUR FAMILY.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
I don't think it can be generalized to just one thing. Poverty is certainly one of the biggest drivers. No adequate jobs or resources can lead to riskier behavior to make money. That feeds into the prison industrial complex which is also a big thing that keeps Black men away. Even when they return home, finding jobs will be hard and the cycle will continue. After a generation or so of seeing this, the cycle can almost start repeating itself unprovoked.

But I think overall the thing that ultimately gets the ball rolling is the psychological affects living in poverty has on Black men. Being unable to gather adequate resources to provide for your family in a patriarchy, where provision for women and children is the primary role of the man, makes them lean heavily on other things that can be viewed as masculine to fill that void. Those behaviors are often destructive.

Also I think absent father narrative is overblown nowadays at least. I do think there are many fathers who aren't as active,and become every other week or so fathers for the childs whole life. but often that is one in the same,i believe that to be more prevelant. I notice alot more nikkas seem to at least know they daddy,just don't have a strong relationship. Alot of times blacks have children too young and out of wedlock and the relationship doesn't work out because they didn't love each other in the first place. Or they loved each other but just weren't committed enough to be having children,and now the mother or father just want to move on because having kids out of wedlock is so normal now. The mother becomes the primary guardian usually,and the father becomes a weekend daddy. And that is IF they have a good relationship,and the father is committed to be in the childs life.

When the two don't get along,the father is only coming around when the baby mother isn't getting on his nerves,she isn't made at him,or just as he see's reasonable. So the children are still often times the mothers child. Plus like I said before,even when they are in the childs life,alot of men were raised by women,don't act like men and don't know how to raise other men.

and the women aren't much better,lets not pretend alot of these kids aren't essentially raised by they grandparents. We like to act like its all good on the womens side of the coin. But alot of females don't have they kids no more than 50% of the time either smh. Abortions seriously need to become more of a viable option in black culture. We love getting all christian when its time to go to the clinic.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
:hhh:

Some of you really hate black women and want to blame them for every problem in the black community.

You guys are really not that different than the women in LSA.
Oh look, it's a bytchmade empty ass anti-intellectual comment made to try and shame people. What a shock!

I don't know if you're a woman or not and I don't care enough about to hate you, but I damn sure think idiots like you are deserving of being slapped in the mouth. Just running in a discussion to throw shyt in it.

AndroidHero

Superstar
Daps
Oh look, it's a bytchmade empty ass anti-intellectual comment made to try and shame people. What a shock!

I don't know if you're a woman or not and I don't care enough about to hate you, but I damn sure think idiots like you are deserving of being slapped in the mouth. Just running in a discussion to throw shyt in it.

:russell:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I added the piece about nobody attacking black women by acknowledging that we have been systemically turned into a matriarchy because I think that's the root of your feelings on this topic. You're yacking mostly nonsense because you feel as if I'm trying to denigrate black women by acknowledging the reality of black women being given more systemic control over the household than black men. Even women admit and understand that the court SYSTEM shows a bias towards them on the basis of their gender over black men. Stop denying reality to irrationally defend black women from a perceived attack. It's one of the biggest problems we have in our community, feelings are more important than facts. A bi product of being overly matriarchal.

Breh I know this conversation is a couple days old at this point but you're the one in your emotions here.

@MeachTheMonster is spitting nothing but facts and all you've said is "you're emotional".

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
That's not having systemic power over a household.

If two people are married and the agreement is that the woman will do most of raising the child and taking care of the home. That's viewed as patriarchy.

So when/if they divorce this same concept now turns into matriarchy??? How does that work in your mind??:dahell:

No fault clauses.

It didnt come from men. Ask any veteran who got jodied who the courts gonna ride with.

I know nikkas right now that the moment they cleared retirement half when to they exes. Wasnt even thru the post gate yet.
:francis:

Daps
Reppin
The Coli
Where were the so called men at during all this after the civil rights.

Y’all acting like they just disappeared. Why didn’t the older generation of men step up.

Why were/are their SOOO many broken families and kids without fathers. That many women weren’t shyt by themselves.

You can’t blame all on white supremacy. So much reakless behavior or want to be the boss now. Step up,and be the boss to YOUR FAMILY.

fighting in the vietnam war you sack of shyt