Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Down on my puts, opened some 295 calls for 8/30. Down on those too :unimpressed:

I gotta stop playing options lol

Edit: My puts are almost out of the hole, but my calls are down, so pretty even day here :skip:

been reading about options and i'm gonna take the plunge soon. it's big risk, big reward but between shorting/longing a stock, dividends, buying growth stocks and options, you can make a good amount of extra money via stock. do you use robinhood for options?

I got some money to blow what are some good tech opportunities to look into?

Or some good sites that just give you a view of some up and coming things to take a chance on?

i use marketwatch, earningwhispers, yahoo, cnbc, motley fool, seeking alpha and browse reddit.

the tech market is pretty cyclical right now because of the trade war but if you invest in any of the big 5 (google, apple, facebook, amazon, microsoft) then you'll be good. i also like broadcom. you have paypal or square for e-commerce which will only get bigger once people start paying with their phones/digital credit cards. roku seems to be a good option but you might want to wait for a correction even tho looking at their forecast it's tempting to buy now:patrice:

Last edited:

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Any of yall ever transferred from brokerage to another? Why did you do it? How long did it take? Any Hiccups?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Let me just reiterate trump is a fukking moron and is actively contributing to or is the main driver in volatility in this market.

If he hadn't gotten rich people their tax cuts, we would have probably started seeing impeachment proceedings.
Ive been trading so little this year. I can't deal with these nonsensical swings every time a tweet about the trade war comes out.

I still think we rally into year end but gold is looking like a great hedge.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Any of yall ever transferred from brokerage to another? Why did you do it? How long did it take? Any Hiccups?

did it a couple of times. transferred my 401k recently. i have it all in my current company's 401k which is with vanguard. filled out a form i got from prudential's support line, emailed it to prudential telling them i want it all and they did the rest. took about 7 business days to transfer.

i also transferred all of my money from betterment to vanguard last month. it was the same process and didn't take long. i spoke to a vanguard rep and told them i wanted to keep the money i transfer invested.

there's a special name for it that i am forgetting, but you have to tell your rep you want to keep your money invested. sometimes companies will sell your shares then transfer your money. it happened to my girl. luckily they didn't sell much. just make sure you are clear on what you want to do.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
did it a couple of times. transferred my 401k recently. i have it all in my current company's 401k which is with vanguard. filled out a form i got from prudential's support line, emailed it to prudential telling them i want it all and they did the rest. took about 7 business days to transfer.

i also transferred all of my money from betterment to vanguard last month. it was the same process and didn't take long. i spoke to a vanguard rep and told them i wanted to keep the money i transfer invested.

there's a special name for it that i am forgetting, but you have to tell your rep you want to keep your money invested. sometimes companies will sell your shares then transfer your money. it happened to my girl. luckily they didn't sell much. just make sure you are clear on what you want to do.

Thanks man, especially on that last part.

Are you talking about ACAT?

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Thanks man, especially on that last part.

Are you talking about ACAT?

that sounds like it. wish i can give you a definitive answer but i was working with a vanguard rep over the phone and he walked me through it. whoever you reach out to will be more than happy to help since they're getting your money. i emailed prudential and vanguard and they ended up calling me to establish contact and ask questions.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
i use marketwatch, earningwhispers, yahoo, cnbc, motley fool, seeking alpha and browse reddit.

the tech market is pretty cyclical right now because of the trade war but if you invest in any of the big 5 (google, apple, facebook, amazon, microsoft) then you'll be good. i also like broadcom. you have paypal or square for e-commerce which will only get bigger once people start paying with their phones/digital credit cards. roku seems to be a good option but you might want to wait for a correction even tho looking at their forecast it's tempting to buy now:patrice:
Good looking out.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
that sounds like it. wish i can give you a definitive answer but i was working with a vanguard rep over the phone and he walked me through it. whoever you reach out to will be more than happy to help since they're getting your money. i emailed prudential and vanguard and they ended up calling me to establish contact and ask questions.

I did the paperwork online this morning. But know you got me thinking I should have called. Might hit them up Monday morning.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
I don't have any for myself, but my daughters account been eating with ATT. Riding 52 week highs right now plus a high dividend.