Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

YaFingerDealMe

All Star
Daps
I should probably start just buying and holding. I sold out of waste management at 70 & it’s up to 113 now. Patience is important out here

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Looks like Uber has dipped hard. Has anyone started a position in Uber yet?

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Any of you invest in precious metals as a hedge against volatility in the stock market and currency?

i started a position in gold a couple of months ago. i bought a little extra when there was a pullback to ~26 recently and just sitting on it now and waiting for it to breakthrough its resistance. i would wait for a pullback before buying more. i am currently looking at silver and seems tempting to buy it now. seems like it could go on a similar run like gold.

i'm not buying into uber until they can make a profit. even then i'll have to look at the technicals to see if it's worth investing in or if my money is better off elsewhere. it's such a shyt show company right now.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I had Uber in the early 40s but sold out around $39 and I'm waiting to see what it does. If it goes a bit lower I'll possibly buy back into it. Nothing major just a $2-$3K just to hold some. I think long term It'll go back up.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
bought puts on NBEV with a strike price of $3. japan just approved CBD so NBEV got a pop from it. i see this getting shorted and dropping back down below $3. a big drop would be nice for me. show me the money honey.

funny you just mentioned this recently. uber's lockout period is coming to an end on November 6 and seems like employees are gonna sell a lot of their shares. plus they are running into legal issues in london. leaning on buying puts for this as well.

also got back in PGE. hopefully i can double my money again.