Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
i'll still keep NIO. it's a small position anyway and i'm banking on China backing up NIO long term. I know none of these chinese companies can be trusted, but that's ok. it's all about waging risk vs. reward and i feel like reward is greater than the risk on NIO.
I'm fine with a Chinese etf.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Mind your business on your net worth brehs.

i get motivated when cacs call in and brag about the net worth.

this saddens me.
ff_detailed_5alt2.png

word 'net worth' is not just for celebs or rich cacs. we should all focus on building our wealth.
and all of you should write out everything and find your net worth.

Make a list of all your assets:
This includes your house, car, savings, stocks, bonds, other investments, retirement accounts, property, etc. All of your savings accounts should be listed separately and added up together for a total

Make a list of all your liabilities:
This includes all your debts. Add up your mortgage, car loan, student loans, personal loans, medical debt, and any other debts you have. List them all out separately and add up the total.

Subtract your liabilities from your assets:
Subtract your liabilities from your assets. The total you get is your net worth.

it will make you motivated. so from now till rest of your life i encourage you to think about the net worth.

Net worth is so important and many people don't realize it. It feels good watching your net worth grow over time. Ima give y'all an easier option. Use the Mint app. Can load all your accounts, property, credit cards, everything practically on there. Even coinbase and crypto. Only thing I don't have on mine is my hard wallet for crypto and metamask which is an online crypto wallet that I got a small amount of eth on there. But everything else I got set thru mint and they track the accounts and give you updated totals. I tend to check mine once a week like on the weekend when not much trading going on to see how I progressed thru the week. Some may have more, some may have less, but you gotta take care of your net worth.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Net worth is so important and many people don't realize it. It feels good watching your net worth grow over time. Ima give y'all an easier option. Use the Mint app. Can load all your accounts, property, credit cards, everything practically on there. Even coinbase and crypto. Only thing I don't have on mine is my hard wallet for crypto and metamask which is an online crypto wallet that I got a small amount of eth on there. But everything else I got set thru mint and they track the accounts and give you updated totals. I tend to check mine once a week like on the weekend when not much trading going on to see how I progressed thru the week. Some may have more, some may have less, but you gotta take care of your net worth.

i tried those apps few years back and it was helpful. but i stopped using them tho. i really need to start using them again.

another important thing - most people who 'own' home have negative net worth because they think they own home. they don't. bank owns them in reality. buying home is not worth it if you do 30 year mortgage and have no money left to invest. it's only worth the trouble if you can down pay 20% and pay off in 15 years or less.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i tried those apps few years back and it was helpful. but i stopped using them tho. i really need to start using them again.

another important thing - most people who 'own' home have negative net worth because they think they own home. they don't. bank owns them in reality. buying home is not worth it if you do 30 year mortgage and have no money left to invest. it's only worth the trouble if you can down pay 20% and pay off in 15 years or less.
ehh, really depends on the market you're buying in. the bay? nope, avg home going for $1M+. you're better off putting as little cash into it as possible over a 30 yr mortgage and utilizing the appreciation as your potential cash out, not current equity. putting 50k on a home out here and keeping 150k invested in the market is a much better move than putting down 200k and then having to trickle 150k little by little, month by month, into the market over the next 10 yrs.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Speaking very generally here:

So all these countries keep printing money despite times being very tough all over the world due to Covid 19. How are they going to justify printing all this money? Is all this "new money" in space? Are we REALLY heading back to space, or is it just more talk?

For those of you invested in the space sector, what are the main companies that you are invested in? Are there any reputable space ETFs?

Once again, is all this "new money" in space?

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
ehh, really depends on the market you're buying in. the bay? nope, avg home going for $1M+. you're better off putting as little cash into it as possible over a 30 yr mortgage and utilizing the appreciation as your potential cash out, not current equity. putting 50k on a home out here and keeping 150k invested in the market is a much better move than putting down 200k and then having to trickle 150k little by little, month by month, into the market over the next 10 yrs.
Since you’ve got a background in RE, any thoughts on OPEN? A lot of analysts see RE being disrupted. Cathie scooped up more OPEN today and still has Z in one her etf’s I
believe.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Since you’ve got a background in RE, any thoughts on OPEN? A lot of analysts see RE being disrupted. Cathie scooped up more OPEN today and still has Z in one her etf’s I believe.
It definitely has a lot of potential in normal to less competitive markets, out here, you'd be a fool to use it IMO - lots of cash, no contingency offers that go over asking - but in places where you might have to do more to sell a property, or people who bought a long time ago, I could see these "homebuying" companies as a good look, way less hassle. It's weird because I think Boomers who are ready to downsize, move to retirement states or closer to kids/grandkids would be a great growth market, but I also don't know how they'll respond to something like this, could feel it's a scam (thinking back to the ways their parents got scammed on reverse mortgages)

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps

can't afford your neighborhood? Move.

- dave ramsey

:mjlit:
there is a reason why people are getting da hell out of Cali. i really don't think it's a livable place for most folks. :manny:

i mean some of those million dollar houses and they look like a damn 300k cookie cutter house you can find anywhere else. :scust:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
can't afford your neighborhood? Move.

- dave ramsey

:mjlit:
there is a reason why people are getting da hell out of Cali. i really don't think it's a livable place for most folks. :manny:

i mean some of those million dollar houses and they look like a damn 300k cookie cutter house you can find anywhere else. :scust:

I process mortgages and I always have the :scust: face pulling up a CA property on Zillow. People getting raped no lube for what they paying out there...