Cam and Jim haven't spoke since the Versuz, says Cam "took the whole bag"

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:deadmanny:cam slid juelz sum oxy n percs ,fo his verzus fee and slid out :mjlol:

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Cam doesn't rely on music to pay bills.

That's the difference between him and everyone else that was a part of that movement. They need certain shyt to happen for them, that Cam could care less about. And they can't do shyt collectively without him being there, so he's always going to be the draw when it comes to Dip. They still need Cam, but he doesn't need them. The whole Dipset thing was seasonal. Certain things aren't meant to last forever. But Jim and Santana still try to eat off an era that's been gone forever. It's over, and those two haven't found a way to really pop since. So it's not surprising to see that Cam was able to secure serious paper for the Verzuz and they weren't.

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That's the difference between him and everyone else that was a part of that movement. They need certain shyt to happen for them, that Cam could care less about. And they can't do shyt collectively without him being there, so he's always going to be the draw when it comes to Dip. They still need Cam, but he doesn't need them. The whole Dipset thing was seasonal. Certain things aren't meant to last forever. But Jim and Santana still try to eat off an era that's been gone forever. It's over, and those two haven't found a way to really pop since. So it's not surprising to see that Cam was able to secure serious paper for the Verzuz and they weren't.

I mean, ain't nobody checkin for Cam either so realistically he needs them just as much as they need him musically.

And quiet as kept I'd bet money that a Jim Jones project at this point would be better received than a Cam joint. :ehh:

thekidfromqueens

the best borough
Daps
Reppin
Southside, Queens
The versus was the nail in the coffin and I say this as the biggest dips fan. It's over. Even thinking time had passed and the chemistry and bad blood would have been better - nah. They all too old now, set in their ways l, have families, and don't care for each other as more than just casual friends at this point. It was a good run but they don't care about the dips anymore.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
yeah, it was supposed to be Dipset and The LOX w/ State Prop opening for them.

Cam had to go and shoot his tv show he got with MTV. he had to be in LA for a few months so it got scrapped.
but I heard that Jim said some gang shyt at the Versuz that had promoters a little spooked.

either way, The LOX just did a mini run on their own.

this just reminded me;

part of the reason Dipset broke up was because Cam made Duke Da God make a t-shirt that said "Jim Jones is a trick" on the front and had a list of all their people that were in jail on the back

how you manage to fukk up the hottest thing in the city because you want to be funny and a dikkhead to your mans
Styles said some gang shyt and the promoters that were spooked were not concert promoters but backers of versus.

it was a dumb move on styles part. I understand what he was trying to do is be a street diplomat but it was very dumb to do that on the mic.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems like he always do them nikkas dirty and they just take it. Especially, Jim.

Before all the Blood stuff Jimmy was just one of the dudes running around with Cam. Cam keeps showing Jim he's doesn't look at him as a peer so honestly Jim needs to get to a space where he doesn't need Cam for anything. Either that or just tell interviewers not to ask about Cam. I don't get all the sympathy for Jim at all but it's not healthy for anyone to be around people who want to "put you in your place".

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, ain't nobody checkin for Cam either so realistically he needs them just as much as they need him musically.

And quiet as kept I'd bet money that a Jim Jones project at this point would be better received than a Cam joint. :ehh:

Jim has a better ear than Cam that shouldn't even be for debate. Cam really stopped caring though. And Cam's name on a flyer will always be a bigger deal until Jim makes another hit record.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Jim is actually bigger than can now.
THAT PART.

And i love Cam. nikkas acting like we in 2005.

Jim career still going strong, still in tune, still relevant, still putting out great joints.

So this whole little nikka narrative is extremely outdated. And what Cam did is sucker shyt, but he's Cam so its haha Jim :umad: with some posters.

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
THAT PART.

And i love Cam. nikkas acting like we in 2005.

Jim career still going strong, still in tune, still relevant, still putting out great joints.

So this whole little nikka narrative is extremely outdated. And what Cam did is sucker shyt, but he's Cam so its haha Jim :umad: with some posters.
If it was outdated Jim wouldn't need to offer his cut of Verzuz Doe for Cam to participate. Why couldn't Jim just do a Verzuz against another solo artist? He doesn't have that kind of clout. You see Jada can do a solo Verzuz against Fab and then re'up and do one with his group against the Dips. Jimmy not in that space.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Cam my nikka but more people checkin for Jim than Cam at this point. Jim been droppin dope projects and collabin wit everybody hot from mainstream to underground.