Discussion in 'The Locker Room' started by Rose Gold, Feb 21, 2019.
@Sweet Meat Chaucer
Learn early on from the Ls you take
Don't be afraid to admit you fukked up and do better next go around.
-Take p*ssy off that pedestal you simp bytch
-save 10 percent of your check now and read up on investing
-build credit by getting a secured credit card and paying it immediately dont use it on shyt other than small purchases.
Stop looking for a sensei
And be your own man
1. No matter what you do, do it to the best of your ability.
2. Never be afraid to ask questions.
3. If you don't know the answer, be quiet.
4. Stay out of the criminal justice system at ALL costs.
5. If she can't cook, she's useless.
6. Drama is your worst enemy.
7. Work for what you want, buy what you need.
8. Take time-out for self occasionally.
Save your bread and build a side hustle. Go find a mentor who you respect.
Don't lease, buy a used car you can afford and thats reliable, a car that you can pay cash for if you wanted to
I’m not a religious guy, but shyt happens for a reason.
You didn’t get hired for that particular job or a woman rejected you could all be blessings in disguise.
I look back at jobs I didn’t get hired at and come to find out that business went bankrupt and had to close down.
A woman rejected me come to find out she has a STD
Don't be a dummy OP.
That's really all you need to know
Be accountable for your own actions.
Dont blame others.
Trust your instinct.
I say focus on getting an education or some type of trade knowledge, if you aren't college minded.
Next, keep your credit right! Don't create a lot of debt, if you can help it.
Regarding relationships, dating, etc..Don't settle down! Play the field and date a wide variety of women.
Learn what you like, don't like, etc. You will have plenty of time to settle down when the time is right.
In all, OP, live life! Get a passport and travel, if you have the means to do so.
Lastly, do not get caught up in trying to live up to other people's expectations as well as societal standards.
Everyone has his or her own path, so do you while finding your way through life. When you do decide to settle down with a career and possibly start a family, then start saving toward your retirement.
The sooner you do that, the better off you will be when the time comes for you to retire.
Lots of good shyt in this thread.
I’ve made many mistakes in my 20s, here’s some (which other cats also said)
- Prioritize your health. Money cant buy health, or is prohibitively expensive to go to hospital. Being healthy and poor is 100x better than being rich and unhealthy from a quality of life perspective
- Let shyt go - dont be too sensitive. We only get so much precious time with family and friends, dont miss out on it on some petty shyt - gotta remind myself everyday about this one
- Wake up and smile for being alive and not having cancer or 100x other bad things. No matter what happens, life is good mayne
- Remember mental health is just that - health. If you depressed or having mental issues, prioritize your physical health and see how much your wellbeing improves. Trust me on this one - most of our issues are in our heads. Don’t do pills and shyt
- You are in your 20s, figure out your passion and do it. fukk money and stability for now, follow your dreams. You wont get the chance when you in your 30s and got responsibilities (esp financial)
- Make everyday count. Prioritize your time, its the most valuable thing you have. Money cannot buy time. Don’t be a slave to your bosses. Build a cateer and jot a job
- Get rid of credit cards - they are a drug and cancer. I’ve probably blown over 150k in my 20s on stupid shyt (mainly blowing cash like I’m a baller when going out - but I’m not a baller) because of them. Whatever you borrow now on credit you gotta pay back in the future - ie your future life will suck lol. I’ve nearly paid off all my credit and its painful
- Network and make connections. Unfortunate reality is that what you do at work aint that important - its who you know and what they think of you - so flip the equation and prioritize getting to know people and making sure they know how good you are. We all complain abojt our bosses who are incompetent- fukk that, play the game and become them
- Give back to others and keep your long lasting friends - lot of people I see in their 30s are lonely as fukk becauze they too selfish and have no friends. Luckily this is something I did right and its fukking awesome to have a small groip of awesome friends to do shyt with
- Set goals. Write them down for each day and each week AND importantly check if you did them at the end of the week and if not, why not. Always keep it moving and keep improving
- Be fukking happy. Dont be hard on yourself, and even when shyt is bad, fukk it find happiness in going for a walk in fresh air or listening to some dope mixtapes
- Be responsible - you are in control of your life in every aspect until its time to go. If you wife up a hoe, its your fukking fault. Dont blame the bytch. If you hate your boss, leave. Dont bytch about it and stay.
Gotta disagree with yall on this. You can learn a LOT from the right people.
Sadly being a dummy is considered cool nowadays