Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Forgot he even said that :russ:

Spidey was annoying the fukk outta WS and Falcon :heh:
Spidey had a lot of quips in that fight. I need to see the movie again to remember all the stuff he said in that fight. It was all funny and the quips were very Spider-Man-like. His appearance is the trailer that makes me excited to see the new Spider-Man movie coming out next year.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
If that makes him emotionally fukked in the head.... then Batman had every reason to be equally emotionally fukked in the head when someone say the name of one of his dead parents. You cannot have it both ways. Especially when Iron Man KNEW that WS was under brainwashed control.... but to say, "fucck that, he still killed my mother"...
:what: how are they comparable?
Tony already didn't like Bucky because he was assassin. Add on the fact that Cap hid the truth from him, it made complete sense for him to react the way he did.

The only way these two scenes would be comparable is if Cap/Bucky revealed Bucky's mom shared the same name as Tony's......Then Tony does a complete 180.

That never happened because that nonsense makes zero sense.

Jefe Blanco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Problem was that stans were claiming this would beat Star Wars opening weekend :stopitslime: when Star Wars was a once in every 10 years event. But I expect MCU stans to blame BvS for CW not hitting 200M

I recall DC stans saying BvS would break Star Wars record as well, the fanboy nonsense goes both ways.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I liked the movie, thought they could have tighthened it up a big more by removing the flashbacks after the beginning and just hitting you with the video in the finale, but even then that fight shouldn't have been in a bunker it should have played out in Stark towers with others getting involved and boiling over into a stance on the accords and showed a true fracturing of the avengers, not the government BS.

Also the movie was really missing Nick Fury and Shield.
That said loved the Spiderman casting and portrayal.
Ant-man was entertaining, but it made no sense to not have Pym involved in some way or Wasp, especially after the tease at the end of Ant-Man.
Hawkeye was unneccesary.
Military/UN prison was weak, IMHO, no need for it.
Vision getting emtions seems like a retread of a concept experienced from Spock to Data in the Star Trek universe.
It also seemed more like a setup movie, than a movie that had a point but left the door opened for something larger.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I liked the movie, thought they could have tighthened it up a big more by removing the flashbacks after the beginning and just hitting you with the video in the finale, but even then that fight shouldn't have been in a bunker it should have played out in Stark towers with others getting involved and boiling over into a stance on the accords and showed a true fracturing of the avengers, not the government BS.

Also the movie was really missing Nick Fury and Shield.
Vision getting emtions seems like a retread of a concept experienced from Spock to Data in the Star Trek universe
Vision developing emotions was pretty much the entire basis of the character's existence in the comic books for the majority of his time actually existing in the comic books.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Thoughts Regarding The Depiction Of Black Heroism As Portrayed In Captain America:Civil War

Written by: Ziggiy

“Hiiipower: the three i’s represent heart, honor and respect. That’s how we carry ourselves in the world, period. Hiiipower, it basically is the simplest form of representing just being above all the madness, all the bullshyt. No matter what the world is going through, you’re always going to keep your dignity and carry yourself with this manner that it don’t phase you. Whatever you think negative is in your life. Overcoming that and still having that self-respect.

everybody raise three fingers in the air, the sky is falling the wind is calling, stand for something or die in the morning”

Kendrick Lamar

The concept of black heroism in mainstream American cinema has had a long, complex, and rather disappointing history. Often times, the “token” character of color within the genre of superhero films exists to serve one of two purposes, that to serve as comic relief or the “good friend” (servant) of the main protagonist on his/her path towards victory. 1998’s Blade, starring Wesley Snipes helped to establish a cunning, determined, and undeniably masculine and capable black hero within a world where only he possesses the capabilities to defeat vampiric entities hell bent on conquering the world. That film went onto gross more than $131.2 million worldwide, at the time considered a huge financial success, and spawning two more sequels. Ten years later, Will Smith’s Hancock; about a troubled amnesiac superhero struggling to rediscover his own sense of valor, grossed more than $620 million worldwide. These two examples could serve as proof that there is indeed an audience for black protagonists as leading material within the superhero/fantasy genre, and yet when Marvel Studios began laying the groundwork to birth their most popular comic properties into a full fledged cinematic universe, it would apparently take 7 years, 11 films, and over 9.3 BILLION DOLLARS in grosses before Kevin Feige (Studio Chief Of Marvel Films) and Disney decided it was time for Black protagonists to graduate from side-kick to lead. So when it was announced that Black Panther, the first Black superhero to debut in mainstream comics back in 1966, was to be featured prominently not only in Marvel’s 12th cinematic outing, Captain America: Civil War; but also star in his OWN forthcoming solo film, it was met with an outcry of jubilance….and also trepidation. This was not the first time a major Hollywood studio (Disney) had introduced a bonafide black “lead” character into the mythos of an enormously popular franchise, only to portray that character as an emasculated coward whose entire existence served to highlight the strengths of his white counterparts. And with that in mind, the less said about Star Wars: The Force Awakens Finn, the better.

To read more:

Arcs Of Excellence – Captain America Civil War Depiction of Black Heroism – FTESWL
Arcs Of Excellence – Captain America Civil War Depiction of Black Heroism

:salute: @Ziggiy

@MartyMcFly @Danie84 @Illeye buckmatic @General Mills @Prynce @Chelsea Bridge @Realdealholy @-DMP- @mobbinfms @BmoreGorilla @Lucky_Lefty @JoelB @hustlemania @Originalman @Ironman @BelowTheMasonDixon @Box Cutta @Darts @CELL @Born2BKing @Achille @SunZoo @Jards @wire28

#TPC

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Vision developing emotions was pretty much the entire basis of the character's existence in the comic books for the majority of his time actually existing in the comic books.

I udnerstand that but you updated everything else,this is a concept that needs to be updated are altered, because as a concept now, its been beaten to death over the last 50+ years.
Plus if you were going to go that route, now is not the time to introduce it during civil war.

It would have been far more powerful to have had the battles between the heroes be real battles, not the joke fest and scrimmage. Have Falcon really be the cause of WarMachine getting crippled, have Spidey actually show his strength and really hurt hawkeye. It would have sowed the seeds for a far more emotional and real conflict later on, closer to reality. Where right or wrong when blood and tears are shed its hard to let go or even want to let go.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
when people say "i've got no horse in the race" but say the oppostie....also your math is wrong it's performing like iron man 3
I don't. Y'all were just unbearable when BvS was coming out that I find it funny how now YALL wanna move the goalposts.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I udnerstand that but you updated everything else,this is a concept that needs to be updated are altered, because as a concept now, its been beaten to death over the last 50+ years.
Plus if you were going to go that route, now is not the time to introduce it during civil war.

It would have been far more powerful to have had the battles between the heroes be real battles, not the joke fest and scrimmage. Have Falcon really be the cause of WarMachine getting crippled, have Spidey actually show his strength and really hurt hawkeye. It would have sowed the seeds for a far more emotional and real conflict later on, closer to reality. Where right or wrong when blood and tears are shed its hard to let go or even want to let go.
It was never going to be that kind of battle between them. These guys are heroes, they'll never seriously hurt another good person. It makes even less sense from a business standpoint. If Spidey really hurts Hawkeye, what person is going to want to see a movie about a hero that hurt a beloved character? Falcon would become more hated and any Marvel villain if he actually would purposely paralyze War Machine. What company in their right mind would turn heroes, who's heroism makes them a lot of money, into serious antagonists. People are loosing their minds over Batman killing criminals and Superman snapping the neck of a man who has gonna destroy the world, but you think people would love a movie where heroes cripple other beloved heroes?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:salute: Good shyt homie. Any time I read something you write about him, I wish I cared about him as much as you do because that is passion. Dedicated passion and it comes through in your writing. How you feel about him is how I feel about spidey but I've said and written enough about him in my life

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
That's a L for you Marvel stans.

I'm sorry but all the shyt I seen some of yall giving BvS, and so far even with all the hate BvS is on pace for a bigger opening weekend than this "critically acclaimed" movie. :mjlol:

Again I've got no horse in this race, I love both movies, but some of yall was talking MAD shyt in the BvS and in this thread about BvS opening weekend and the flack it got and how this movie was gonna easily demolish it. Y'all better hope for a big Sat/Sun after all that shyt YALL was talking.
umm nobody was talking shyt about its opening weekend, the shyt was talked about the weeks thereafter, which were pitiful

but you've got no horse in this race tho :salute:

and actually there was a giant thread (made by a dumbass) to celebrate those opening weekend numbers, and we all saw how that turned out