Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther character T’Challa will not be recast, Marvel confirms

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Get ready for Shuri Black Panther, Female Thor, and Iron Heart. All lead by Captain Marvel .....can’t wait for the fukkery:ohlawd:

Marvels-all-female-Avengers-team-cast.jpg

Nobody would complain if HBO Max owned the rights :shaq:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
So that's the end of Black Panther?

Instead of this symbolic gesture why not just donate the rights to black panther to a black ownded movie studio?
:russ:

White people are homicidal not suicidal. This property is worth billions.

They don't give anything unless it helps them drastically.

And let Killmonger stay dead. No need to have him on a leash for the movie's agenda.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The comics have Shuri taking the mantle and it makes total sense to go that route.

traditionally they dueled for the title of king/black panther...

How does Shuri end up as BP? I never understood how that happened. She would get washed by nearly everyone in combat.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Exactly, but why limit the new actor to doing a chadwick impression when you don't have to? Black Panther is a mantle that is passed from warrior to warrior. The first film already established that anybody who challenges and wins is black panther. takes 5 seconds to say he lost in ritual combat to a new guy, thats not recasting. T'challa would still be dead in continuity.

Ohhh I seeee, okay I was wondering why this was hard to get.

So Black Panther IS being recasted but T'Challa is not.

So it's like peter parker died but spiderman didn't

ok gotcha

Daps
The responses to this thread illustrate why they made this decision.

I was always cool with them replacing Chadwick, but people have a borderline irrational connection with Chadwick and that character so there’s nothing to be gained by pissing off your fans. :yeshrug: