@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
700x394

Photos released after woman dies fleeing robbery on Lake Shore Drive

Be careful out there brehs.
Summer is already crazy.

They chased this couple on the lakefront path...the couple tried to escape by running on LSD and the women ended up getting killed by being hit by a car

U nikkas make it to lake shore drive & rob another black person :snoop:

The mentality is definitely sum shyt:pacspit:

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
This all day...

Austin is waaaay safer than Englewood.

Austin has 3 times as many residents and is the largest and most densely populated neighborhood in Chicago. Why are they neck and neck when it comes to murders?

Some white people still live in Austin over by the hospital on Race.

Like @bmack21 said, there are good people and good blocks over in Englewood, but no way is it safer than Austin.

@EmitDrill

I understand..
Austin has more people but its compact in a small area tho:francis:Now add in the multiple open drug markets & prostitution that englewood don't really have like that:usure:

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
Check that westside area:francis:Westside is more active & its compact..

Englewood only 2 shootings

FlexPavilion

Enshrined
Supporter
Daps
I understand..
Austin has more people but its compact in a small area tho:francis:Now add in the multiple open drug markets & prostitution that englewood don't really have like that:usure:
It's actually twice the size of Englewood geographically. You're right about the drugs and the prostitution, though. With all of the extra grimey shyt going on out west you would think it wouldn't be safer than any southside neighborhood. Southside got more shooters who don't give a fukk about anyone's life. :francis:

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
It's actually twice the size of Englewood geographically. You're right about the drugs and the prostitution, though. With all of the extra grimey shyt going on out west you would think it wouldn't be safer than any southside neighborhood. Southside got more shooters who don't give a fukk about anyone's life. :francis:

When we speak on englewood, we combine west englewood & englewood together ....Only outsiders split em up....

FlexPavilion

Enshrined
Supporter
Daps
lol @ all the misinformation in this thread.

West Side vs South Side

Ive lived on both.
West Side cats have always looked at people on the south side as a bit crazy.
For the most part...on the West Side, they have always been about their money. If you werent doing some dumb shyt, you were straight.
The South Side cats were more into just straight up gangbanging.
When I lived on the West Side, they would always be like :patrice: to the South Side because they viewed them as being more into the violence as opposed to just trying to get money.

South Side people view people on the West Side as country...mainly because the last wave of black folks from the south went to the West side.

The issue w/ Chicago is a state wide issue.
Illinois has the largest deficit...which means its the brokest state in the country.
Millionaire are moving out in droves.
Hispanics moving to Illinois is the only reason the population numbers are staying afloat.

I eventually want to leave.
They are going to keep raising taxes, and continue to mismanage money.

I wouldnt worry about Chicago turning into Gary...that just wont happen.
Chicago is the main hub of the midwest...all of the talent around the midwest comes to Chicago.
Thats why you see so many Condos going up.
People w/ money are still moving here.
A lot of them are baby boomers from the burbs buying a second place, gay couples w/ good income, and young people w/ good jobs.
I have neighbors that recently paid $500K for a small 2 bedroom condo...
...and you see that all over.

Very accurate...

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol @ all the misinformation in this thread.

West Side vs South Side

Ive lived on both.
West Side cats have always looked at people on the south side as a bit crazy.
For the most part...on the West Side, they have always been about their money. If you werent doing some dumb shyt, you were straight.
The South Side cats were more into just straight up gangbanging.
When I lived on the West Side, they would always be like :patrice: to the South Side because they viewed them as being more into the violence as opposed to just trying to get money.

South Side people view people on the West Side as country...mainly because the last wave of black folks from the south went to the West side.

The issue w/ Chicago is a state wide issue.
Illinois has the largest deficit...which means its the brokest state in the country.
Millionaire are moving out in droves.
Hispanics moving to Illinois is the only reason the population numbers are staying afloat.

I eventually want to leave.
They are going to keep raising taxes, and continue to mismanage money.

I wouldnt worry about Chicago turning into Gary...that just wont happen.
Chicago is the main hub of the midwest...all of the talent around the midwest comes to Chicago.
Thats why you see so many Condos going up.
People w/ money are still moving here.
A lot of them are baby boomers from the burbs buying a second place, gay couples w/ good income, and young people w/ good jobs.
I have neighbors that recently paid $500K for a small 2 bedroom condo...
...and you see that all over.
southside cats are more territorial and dare i say more standoffish but they're all more or less the same to me :skip:

also like you guys said a lot of blocks on the south side are kinda dead except the east side. Some areas in englewood are literally detroit status. I went to my aunties house there last year and like 10/15 yrs ago that place was wild as hell. Now? The block is SUPER dry. There are a lot more stable middle class neighborhoods on the southsdie. then there are some that look nicer than they are.

The west side is almost like being in an east coast city like the BX or philly or something the way folks are outside. Nikkas on the west side jaywalk as a hobby and shyt lol :dead:. there's also more strung out dope addicts on the west side.

but yeah if it wasnt for the immigrants chicago would almost be a bigger detroit. Devon Ave. and 26th street contribute a TON of money fore the city

FlexPavilion

Enshrined
Supporter
Daps
basically on point. out west was always known for getting money, but when you look at the statistics its always more shootings out west over out south. I think its because more people use to hang out outside out west then south, but today?? there is noone outside or any block. and i think chicago is the next detroit, people keep saying it wont get that bad but its all trending that way with no way to stop it.

and tf is the other dude talking about saying austin is safe? lmao go walk down north ave thinking you safe.

and low key westside people always did look at southside people as crazy, but also dirty lol. and all the southside dudes i know say outwest is about getting money but crazy too..
:snoop: Chicago will never be Detroit. Detroit was built on one industry, the auto industry. When that started to crumble, Detroit went to shyt. There are several fortune 500 companies based in Chicago and suburbs. The Chicago economy aint going nowhere. The Mercantile Exchange is here. If that crumbles, a gallon of milk will be $20. A loaf of bread $50. The whole country will feel it.

Ya'll need to stop listening to bullshyt propaganda. Neighborhoods are being gentrified right now and not just white people. Blacks with paper are moving back into the city as well.

and if you're referring to me about Austin, I never said it was safe. I said it's way safer than Englewood.

FlexPavilion

Enshrined
Supporter
Daps
When we speak on englewood, we combine west englewood & englewood together ....Only outsiders split em up....
:ehh:

When you combine West Englewood and Englewood, it's still smaller than Austin geographically. The murder stats I was referring to was just for Englewood alone that mirrors Austin.

West Englewood
, one of the 77 well defined community areas, is located on the southwest side of Chicago, Illinois. At one time it was known as South Lynne.Wikipedia
  • Population:

• 35,505 (2010)
  • Area:

• 3.151 mi²
Englewood is one of the 77 official community areas in Chicago, Illinois, United States. At its peak population in 1960, over 97,000 people lived in its approximately 3 square miles, but the neighborhood's population has since dropped dramatically.Wikipedia
  • Population:

• 30,654 (2010)
  • Area:

• 3.089 mi²

Austin, located on the West Side of Chicago, Illinois, is the largest of the city's 77 officially defined community areas, followed by Lake View. Austin had a population of 98,514 in 2010. Austin is 85.1% Black.Wikipedia
  • Zip code:

• Population:

• 98,514 (2010)
  • Area:

• 7.158 mi²

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I could do NWI possibly. Only problem is ain't shyt to do out there. Portage got some shyt but them cacs out there heavy on that :mjpls: tip. I'd have to probably stay in the house at night. Damn sure ain't shyt to do in Gary so I'd be driving to the Chi to hang out and pulling up to the house late at night ain't really that smart in GI. That shyt ain't bad as it used to be but night time in Gary is still the wolves play ground. Them couple seconds walking from the whip to the front door would be hazardous to your health and I'm pretty sure someone would lay on me and try to run my shyt eventually. Even tho Indiana got them lax gun laws I really don't want to be put in that situation of having to draw down on somebody who drew down on me. Some shyt like that would basically be like flipping a coin. That situation could go either way

yeah, I'm good on all that. if I lived in NWI, I'd want to be in the chi, and I'm not tryin to be out kickin it and possibly having to drive home tipsy and what not. also, if I lived in NWI, it would NEVER be in gary. that's the last city I'd live in.

speaking of IN gun laws. you know their permit ain't honored in illinois. so you can't bring your pistol over the board. but indiana honor's illinois CCW permit :violent:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
:snoop: Chicago will never be Detroit. Detroit was built on one industry, the auto industry. When that started to crumble, Detroit went to shyt. There are several fortune 500 companies based in Chicago and suburbs. The Chicago economy aint going nowhere. The Mercantile Exchange is here. If that crumbles, a gallon of milk will be $20. A loaf of bread $50. The whole country will feel it.

Ya'll need to stop listening to bullshyt propaganda. Neighborhoods are being gentrified right now and not just white people. Blacks with paper are moving back into the city as well.

and if you're referring to me about Austin, I never said it was safe. I said it's way safer than Englewood.

the only reason that austin is safer than englewood is cuz there's NO good parts of englewood. austin has nice parts on the northwest side (galewood) and on the south west side (the island).

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS! I'm rarely out after dark for a variety of reasons, and a healthy fear of getting clapped for no reason is one of them. Summer time I keep my ass
out of certain neighborhoods where fukkery can happen during the daytime as well.

I don't be in the streets like that. but I have no problem being out late. but I'm not gonna just be in any ol neighborhood late as fukk for no reason. I'm not tryin to be in englewood/west englewood, auburn gresham, burnside, back of the yards, roseland or south shore solo late night.

when I'm around the crib, I'm not worried at all. also, I don't park on the street and have to walk to my house. I'm parking in the garage and just walking in my backyard.