Chicago Crime Tracking Thread

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
This all day...

Austin is waaaay safer than Englewood.

Austin has 3 times as many residents and is the largest and most densely populated neighborhood in Chicago. Why are they neck and neck when it comes to murders?

Some white people still live in Austin over by the hospital on Race.

Like @bmack21 said, there are good people and good blocks over in Englewood, but no way is it safer than Austin.

@EmitDrill

that good block thing is so true. even in the WORST areas, there are nice blocks. shyt is crazy. shyt can literally change on a block to block basis in terms of your saftey.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
lol @ all the misinformation in this thread.

West Side vs South Side

Ive lived on both.
West Side cats have always looked at people on the south side as a bit crazy.
For the most part...on the West Side, they have always been about their money. If you werent doing some dumb shyt, you were straight.
The South Side cats were more into just straight up gangbanging.
When I lived on the West Side, they would always be like :patrice: to the South Side because they viewed them as being more into the violence as opposed to just trying to get money.

South Side people view people on the West Side as country...mainly because the last wave of black folks from the south went to the West side.

The issue w/ Chicago is a state wide issue.
Illinois has the largest deficit...which means its the brokest state in the country.
Millionaire are moving out in droves.
Hispanics moving to Illinois is the only reason the population numbers are staying afloat.

I eventually want to leave.
They are going to keep raising taxes, and continue to mismanage money.

I wouldnt worry about Chicago turning into Gary...that just wont happen.
Chicago is the main hub of the midwest...all of the talent around the midwest comes to Chicago.
Thats why you see so many Condos going up.
People w/ money are still moving here.
A lot of them are baby boomers from the burbs buying a second place, gay couples w/ good income, and young people w/ good jobs.
I have neighbors that recently paid $500K for a small 2 bedroom condo...
...and you see that all over.

man, by my crib there's a shytload of homes being rehabbed and flipped. and when you go downtown, there is NOTHING but new construction EVERYWHERE. especially over by chicago avenue and wells and on wells just south of there.

folks that live downtown ain't rich tho. you can get a condo on the gold coast for a price in the 200k's. plus a lot of folks that live in these luxury high rises have a roommate. they ain't no better off than me even tho they live down town.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
This all day...

Austin is waaaay safer than Englewood.

Austin has 3 times as many residents and is the largest and most densely populated neighborhood in Chicago. Why are they neck and neck when it comes to murders?

Some white people still live in Austin over by the hospital on Race.

Like @bmack21 said, there are good people and good blocks over in Englewood, but no way is it safer than Austin.

@EmitDrill

Right now, Austin is more dangerous

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Real calm and peaceful over here for me today

tEE1392h.jpg

:salute:

your block looks damn near the same as mine.

jilla82

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
the internet
man, by my crib there's a shytload of homes being rehabbed and flipped. and when you go downtown, there is NOTHING but new construction EVERYWHERE. especially over by chicago avenue and wells and on wells just south of there.

folks that live downtown ain't rich tho. you can get a condo on the gold coast for a price in the 200k's. plus a lot of folks that live in these luxury high rises have a roommate. they ain't no better off than me even tho they live down town.
for sure.
Compared to other big cities (not counting the south)...Chicago is still affordable.

Im really wondering who they plan on moving into all these places.
Like you said...they are building places EVERYWHERE...its crazy.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
that good block thing is so true. even in the WORST areas, there are nice blocks. shyt is crazy. shyt can literally change on a block to block basis in terms of your saftey.

All it takes is that 1 house to mess the whole block tho... Thats how it be..

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
for sure.
Compared to other big cities (not counting the south)...Chicago is still affordable.

Im really wondering who they plan on moving into all these places.
Like you said...they are building places EVERYWHERE...its crazy.

man, I have no idea. I mean, I highly doubt all those high rises that currently exist are fully occupied, so I don't know who they're building all these new ones for. the south loop is growing like crazy, but I don't see them building all those buildings over there.

as for those condos, I just went on redfin and typed in a max price of 200k, and I got soooo many spots available downtown you can buy in every desireable neighborhood. shyt is crazy. its definitely affordable to live here as a homeowner.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
That's all.

We gotta keep out neighborhoods habitable

Everything in the neighborhood should be black owned: stores, supermarkets, restaurants, etc.

out south, it's easy to find black owned businesses. but you cannot find them for everything. we do have black owned:

banks
cleaners
doctors
dentist
restaurants

but I haven't seen any black owned grocery stores or gas stations for instance.

New Username

Staff Member
Supporter
Daps
out south, it's easy to find black owned businesses. but you cannot find them for everything. we do have black owned:

banks
cleaners
doctors
dentist
restaurants

but I haven't seen any black owned grocery stores or gas stations for instance.

There aren't enough of those in the community.

Black owned gas stations ? Not happening, that's dominated by Middle Eastern folks.

I can see Africans being a big player in the gas station business. They have the resources

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
That's the shooting that had me like :what:

Even Rogers park is starting to get active​

Breh I was at Jewel Osco in fukking Wilmette the other day and this nikka rolled up on another nikka, calling him a bytch and saying that he would cap his ass "on bd". shyt had me and the white folks outside like :dwillhuh:

never seen no shyt like that so far in the burbs.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
Breh I was at Jewel Osco in fukking Wilmette the other day and this nikka rolled up on another nikka, calling him a bytch and saying that he would cap his ass "on bd". shyt had me and the white folks outside like :dwillhuh:

never seen no shyt like that so far in the burbs.

its nikkas in Wilmette?:patrice:Super Racist Wilmette:francis:that was rare site to see:wow: