Chuck Schumer Wants To Replace Every Gas Car in America With an Electric Vehicle

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Once you get charging stations everywhere it’s a wrap. Also if there was a quick way to swap batteries that would be a game changer. Would be dope if instead of getting gas at a station you get a battery swap. This is why I wish there was some standardization to this process. Gas is simple because it’s standardized. Every station you go to pretty much has the same options.
Only way to get the battery swap is when the OG battery is no longer viable so that’s a swap every 8 to 10 years of normal use..

To swap out a ev battery at gas stations would be too labor intensive as the car has to be lifted and the battery is dropped and replaced...

I would say just use the existing infrastructure of gas stations to put charging stations in them .. Give the gas companies an incentive to have ev chargers on the premises

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
People would respect it more if the prices were lower and charging stations were more available. 90% of Americans can’t afford a Model S.
i agree with more charging availability, but there's more than the high end of EV's available. people are willing to pay money for cars, thus the rise of 5-8 yr loans for cars, but Americans don't want compact cars and sedans, i don't think the move to EVs can change that. biggest issue is not enough EV trucks and SUV's, you need those instead of trying to force us into small cars that play well in europe and asia
Who buys a car brand new?
a lot of people...like i said, check the trends in how long car notes are now vs the past, people are overextending themselves for new cars

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Only way to get the battery swap is when the OG battery is no longer viable so that’s a swap every 8 to 10 years of normal use..

To swap out a ev battery at gas stations would be too labor intensive as the car has to be lifted and the battery is dropped and replaced...

I would say just use the existing infrastructure of gas stations to put charging stations in them .. Give the gas companies an incentive to have ev chargers on the premises
not really Nio over in china is rolling with this model, battery swap is about a fast as a fill up

Daps
They can afford a model 3 and Model Y tho... the charging infrastructure is literally expanding every day :mjgrin:

why would anyone buy a Tesla when they can wait for GM and Ford (companies that actually know how to make cars) to come out with their EV’s in a few years?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
why would anyone buy a Tesla when they can wait for GM and Ford (companies that actually know how to make cars) to come out with their EV’s in a few years?
the same GM and Ford that had a whole era of making piece of shyt cars that allowed Honda, Toyota and a host of other foreigns to take over the US market from the 80's-00's? yes, they've improved, but Tesla's claim to fame is how well their cars are made + tech + performance. Tesla knows how to make cars, their issue is capacity constraints

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

GM and Ford can’t hold a candle Tesla when it comes to EVs... GM and Ford only doing the EV thing because of the pressure from Tesla putting on their necks