Chuck Schumer Wants To Replace Every Gas Car in America With an Electric Vehicle

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
The thing that worries me about EVs is intellectual property law. Customizing beyond aesthetics and third party maintenance will be difficult if not impossible. Aftermarket car parts are a huge industry, as is tuning. Car companies are already trying to move away from the open OBD system to proprietary diagnostic protocols.
This. They're making it extremely hard to work on vehicles yourself anymore

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
The thing that worries me about EVs is intellectual property law. Customizing beyond aesthetics and third party maintenance will be difficult if not impossible. Aftermarket car parts are a huge industry, as is tuning. Car companies are already trying to move away from the open OBD system to proprietary diagnostic protocols.

When china takes over the global economy they'll start setting the standards. Hopefully because they're communists they'll be able to do that. I have zero faith American politicians will set an across the board standard.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Also what about prices??? :dahell: last time I checked EV's aint cheap... I can find a used car for under $5K that will get me back and forth to work. aint no EV under $5K:dahell:

Daps
Reppin
809 & 347
By all accounts the tesla's handle and feel like a sports car.

:scust:

EVs have no soul or characters into em. I see them like blow up dolls or some kind of computer robotic wives. Sure they're fast and all and probably handle like a sport car ( i've never driven or been in one) but i'm sure you can't get the same feeling of an ICE sport car. I'm not against EVs because majority of people just see cars as to go from point A to point B but i don't like the fact the their agenda is to eliminate ICE cars. I'm cool for EVs being the number one choice for consumers but don't stop making cars that we mainly see on the the road road today. Make small quanity of ICE with the same shell as the EVs.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
When china takes over the global economy they'll start setting the standards. Hopefully because they're communists they'll be able to do that. I have zero faith American politicians will set an across the board standard.
:scusthov:You want communist authoritarians setting vehicle standards? The next step after EVs is self driving cars. That's the end of vehicle ownership, mid distance autonomy, and free travel.

Communism, not even once.

Daps
Reppin
809 & 347
Also what about prices??? :dahell: last time I checked EV's aint cheap... I can find a used car for under $5K that will get me back and forth to work. aint no EV under $5K:dahell:

Give it another decade or 2 , breh.:wow:

We're going to be a minority of a minority of a minority of a minority if you know what i mean....:mjcry:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Give it another decade or 2 , breh.:wow:

We're going to be a minority of a minority of a minority of a minority if you know what i mean....:mjcry:

:mjlol: another decade or two... so chuck schumer didn't even think of this bullshyt and thought damn I didn't even think about the prices... :mjgrin::mjlol: he's a dumbass...

Daps
Reppin
809 & 347
:mjlol: another decade or two... so chuck schumer didn't even think of this bullshyt and thought damn I didn't even think about the prices... :mjgrin::mjlol: he's a dumbass...

Not only that, he's from NYC. Most of the residents live in apartments or some sort. You can't charge a EV within 5 minutes and go on about your day.