Chuck Schumer Wants To Replace Every Gas Car in America With an Electric Vehicle

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Not only that, he's from NYC. Most of the residents live in apartments or some sort. You can't charge a EV within 5 minutes and go on about your day.

I know...:snoop: plus there are literally NO ev pumps at gas stations here I mean there's like literally 1 at 1 gas station I've seen... they are so far apart from each other its ridiculous...

Daps
Reppin
809 & 347
@ORDER_66 also if it weren't for California's EPA and GM scrapping the EV1
EV1A014_%281%29_cropped.jpg

EVs would've been cheaper than what it is today and we would've more infrastructures to charge the vehicles. If i can recall... Cali's EPA wanted to make EVs mainstream and ban ICE vehicles back then and GM said fukk no! So EV1 was scrapped.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

EVs would've been cheaper than what it is today and we would've more infrastructures to charge the vehicles. If i can recall... Cali's EPA wanted to make EVs mainstream and ban ICE vehicles back then and GM said fukk no! So EV1 was scrapped.

and only NOW california wants everyone to go EV because of climate change...:mjlol: fukking ridiculous...:heh:

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
We're going to need national "Right to repair" law. Tesla, and other manufacturers will fight tooth and nail, like they did in Massachusetts.
The BS they gave this man was insane :gucci:

After Challenging Tesla, What's Next for Rich Rebuilds?

And this is a HUGE issue moving forward

You see, you can buy a Tesla, but you'll struggle to break free of the company's orbit even after you've handed over your money. The company owns the retail and repair channels, and it controls sales of many parts as if they were state secrets. With its ability to monitor and update vehicles over the air, Tesla can extend and shorten a car's battery range, cut off its access to the Supercharger network, and learn of its behavior in fatal wrecks to deflect blame from the company, all without ever touching or seeing the car.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man

You see, you can buy a Tesla, but you'll struggle to break free of the company's orbit even after you've handed over your money. The company owns the retail and repair channels, and it controls sales of many parts as if they were state secrets. With its ability to monitor and update vehicles over the air, Tesla can extend and shorten a car's battery range, cut off its access to the Supercharger network, and learn of its behavior in fatal wrecks to deflect blame from the company, all without ever touching or seeing the car.
:scust:fukk Tesla. I've been anti-Tesla since my homie who was a CNC operator at the Fremont, CA factory told me about the poor QC, and how they treated workers, many of them veterans. Dudes working as contractors with no benefits pulling 6 day weeks and sleeping in the breakroom, then getting laid off while the stock price continued to skyrocket. fukk that Afrikaner sack of shyt.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

Those Ev1’s were wild ugly tho and range on them was beyond ass cheeks.. The advancement in tech from 1999 to now on EVs is leaps and bounds.. I own a Model X long range and have went on a few road trips.. I routine can get 310 miles before I have to charge it up again.. I also own a Hellcat so I know the difference and it’s night and day as far as the experience.. You have one vehicle that largely handles most of the task of driving while the other you handle on a short term basis.

The popularity with EVs now is that they look like actual cars and not that EV1 shyt GM tried to come out with

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

This is what everyone is waiting for is a direct competitor to Tesla in the US Market and currently there isn’t one.. Tesla got the jump on the jump on the auto industry and can pretty much dominate us because of their supercharging infustructure and the fact that other EVs can’t even use Tesla superchargers.. Now Tesla can be on some mafia style shyt and tell other manufacturers if they want to get in their charging network they gotta cough up that bread.. Yeah the other ev makers will jump at the opportunity but they will past that cost down to the consumer.. So while you got better looking ev’s than Tesla like the Audi Etron and Porsche Taycan you can’t even take them shyts on road trips because it would take to long to charge them shyts up on those electrify American charging outlets..

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:mjlol: another decade or two... so chuck schumer didn't even think of this bullshyt and thought damn I didn't even think about the prices... :mjgrin::mjlol: he's a dumbass...
Do you read - the goal is for all US manufactured cars to be EVs by 2030, and for all cars on the road to be clean by 2040. There are zero emission gas cars that are considered clean. Furthermore I haven’t seen any version of these proposals that prohibit the sale of used gas cars, it’s about everything NEW that we put on the road being an EV.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Not everyone owns a home and i wonder how chuck schumer who's from NYC Is going to find a way to work this out.
You can easily build multi level charging stations, build on top of gas stations, block off one side of a block with EV only parking, etc. European cities that are denser with smaller streets have figured out charging stations and clusters, NY will be fine. Upscale apartments either have lots/garages or their residents with cars pay for a garage - those have charging. Home owners/more residential neighborhoods can get charging installed. And the few “middle of the road” people who have cars can take them to a charging park same way they go get gas.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Do you read - the goal is for all US manufactured cars to be EVs by 2030, and for all cars on the road to be clean by 2040. There are zero emission gas cars that are considered clean. Furthermore I haven’t seen any version of these proposals that prohibit the sale of used gas cars, it’s about everything NEW that we put on the road being an EV.

I know this, this is exactly what california is trying to do but come on the ev car prices as is right now there's literally no way economically a poor person can afford one...:beli: keep it 100... by 2030 so in ten years when the economy spirals into the shytter they expect everyone to afford an EV car and recharge them at gas stations and what about maintenance you cant even do yourself???:heh: all im saying is that they are MAJOR questions that need to be answered because 10 years is a pipe dream...

Daps
Reppin
809 & 347
Those Ev1’s were wild ugly tho and range on them was beyond ass cheeks.. The advancement in tech from 1999 to now on EVs is leaps and bounds.. I own a Model X long range and have went on a few road trips.. I routine can get 310 miles before I have to charge it up again.. I also own a Hellcat so I know the difference and it’s night and day as far as the experience.. You have one vehicle that largely handles most of the task of driving while the other you handle on a short term basis.

The popularity with EVs now is that they look like actual cars and not that EV1 shyt GM tried to come out with

Yea EV1s weren't a good looking car but they weren't mass produced and were use as an experiment . The first EV1s were made in 1996 (about 24 years ago). If GM never scrapped these cars and kept it in the market imagine where EVs be at today? 310 miles on one charge is hella good but if GM didn't abandoned the EVs project back then, we would probably have EVs on the streets with better range mileages, more charging stations and probably many other ways to charge the EVs (like a portable charging system?) And it would be affordable today for those that are hip with the EVs.

Props to you on owning a hellcat tho and a EV. You have a daily and a fun gas guzzling weekend car to fukk around.

Daps
Reppin
809 & 347
You can easily build multi level charging stations, build on top of gas stations, block off one side of a block with EV only parking, etc. European cities that are denser with smaller streets have figured out charging stations and clusters, NY will be fine. Upscale apartments either have lots/garages or their residents with cars pay for a garage - those have charging. Home owners/more residential neighborhoods can get charging installed. And the few “middle of the road” people who have cars can take them to a charging park same way they go get gas.

Gas stations' space are small in the bronx, brookyln and else where comparing to other stations that are out there in a highly populated city. Not everybody that lives in high upscale apartments include garages and those that park their car in a garage for 275 a month are not willing to put in money to add a charging station or an outlet every month, the owners of these garages would lose money or they will have to raise up the prices. And there's more "middle of the roads" owners than those that park their vehicles in a garage.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Gas stations' space are small in the bronx, brookyln and else where comparing to other stations that are out there in a highly populated city. Not everybody that lives in high upscale apartments include garages and those that park their car in a garage for 275 a month are not willing to put in money to add a charging station or an outlet every month, the owners of these garages would lose money or they will have to raise up the prices. And there's more "middle of the roads" owners than those that park their vehicles in a garage.

The only way these public chargers work is somehow tying them into the cities power grid at each and every gas station with universal docking stations... that's gonna tax the city more and more too...:francis:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I know this, this is exactly what california is trying to do but come on the ev car prices as is right now there's literally no way economically a poor person can afford one...:beli: keep it 100... by 2030 so in ten years when the economy spirals into the shytter they expect everyone to afford an EV car and recharge them at gas stations and what about maintenance you cant even do yourself???:heh: all im saying is that they are MAJOR questions that need to be answered because 10 years is a pipe dream...
You DO NOT NEED TO BE ABLE TO AFFORD AN EV IN 2030. Again, your missing the point. California wants all NEW car sales to be EVs by 2030 (or 35) not ALL car sales - used gas cars can still be sold. Schumer wants all US MANUFACTURED cars to be EVs, again, that doesn’t preclude the sale of used gas cars nor does it ban imported gas cars. Just anything coming off US lines needs to be an EV

Daps
Reppin
809 & 347
The only way these public chargers work is somehow tying them into the cities power grid at each and every gas station with universal docking stations... that's gonna tax the city more and more too...:francis:

Yeap, as long if the city don't make their residents to pay extra $$$ for those that don't even own a car (or EV I should say) I'm good. But I'm sure that what will end up happening because GENTRIFICATION!