City of God was the last classic hood movie

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Elite Squad (Tropa De Elite) was a classic too. Not at the level of City of God, but a really good film.

Number 2 was ok.

Vai ver esse filme sua merda.

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's actually the best hood movie ever made. the cinematography and story were on a whole other level. paid in full takes the 2nd spot.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I'm moving to São Paulo in August, only been once for a few days. You got any recommendations on where to stay? I gotta be close to a metro station.

how much bread you got breh? if you can find a place in santana, jardim sao paulo, or jardins you will :ohlawd:

if you have no money, good luck on a metro spot, the sao paulo metro is so small and poor people live far away from it. shyt is a stacked deck

what are you doing in SP?

and who u wit, os porcos or os maloqueiros :birdman:

PM me @chefmate7days, let's talk business

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
honestly brehs, people always talk about the latest movies whether it be Ironman, Batman, Fast and Furious or whatever the hell it is and they ask if I've seen em at work. But after I watched City of God back in high school I just couldnt get into watching those pointless, fictional movies full of drivel anymore. Am I the only one?

I always tell them that I dontreally watch movies anymore because most of them don't make me think or enlighten me and they look at me like im some sort of antisocial weirdo. But its true man, most movies nowadays are trash, no message just effects. Not since City of God or Slumdog Millionaire has a recent movie touched me.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
honestly brehs, people always talk about the latest movies whether it be Ironman, Batman, Fast and Furious or whatever the hell it is and they ask if I've seen em at work. But after I watched City of God back in high school I just couldnt get into watching those pointless, fictional movies full of drivel anymore. Am I the only one?

I always tell them that I dontreally watch movies anymore because most of them don't make me think or enlighten me and they look at me like im some sort of antisocial weirdo. But its true man, most movies nowadays are trash, no message just effects. Not since City of God or Slumdog Millionaire has a recent movie touched me.

Me too. The only superhero films I like are Spiderman and Batman. From these blockbuster films, I might find 3/10 are worth watching. Not really into watching buildings be blown up 30 mins straight.

A.J.Soprano

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Burnt SUVs, Swimming Pools, Dominican dimes and Al
it pisses me off when i try to recommend this movie and people dismiss it because its in another language plus the subtitles. people are so close minded to different type of movies. i tell them to stick to Tyler Perry and Transformers.

Watching a film with subtitles is equivalent to reading a book from an idiot's perspective

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
Benny's girl is the broad from I Am Legend

IALD-04520.jpg

She was the sniper broad in "Predators", too.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie was trash. It was entertaining but a masterpiece, nah nikka. This shyt wasn't even better than "Carlito's Way: Rise To Power", "Blue Hill Avenue", "Young Cesar"

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
This movie was trash. It was entertaining but a masterpiece, nah nikka. This shyt wasn't even better than "Carlito's Way: Rise To Power", "Blue Hill Avenue", "Young Cesar"

:snoop:

I'm from Boston, grew up not too far (Roxbury) from Blue Hill Ave and I don't even like 'Blue Hill Avenue.'

City of God shyts over that movie and every other movie you listed.