City of God was the last classic hood movie

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
Crazy I just seen this movie and Shottas for the 1st time last week. City of God is an instant classic though, I'm not a big fan of subtitles for movies but I'm used to iti with animes. I was able to watch this without being distracted by the subs, Lil Ze was a complete sociopath it's amazing that he was able to form such a bond with Benny.

A.J.Soprano

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Burnt SUVs, Swimming Pools, Dominican dimes and Al
The one thing I wished they would've gone in deeper, was the relationship between Benny and him. Ze was a fukked up, down right evil dude, but he loved Benny.:to:

knew eachother since they were like 8 breh

son was practically a brother to him

I think part of the reason Ze was as cold as he was cause he couldn't get no p*ssy and no b1tches wanted him. Benny got all the p*ssy

:yeshrug:

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
It's a classic. Movie was gutter and gangster as fukk. Shame what happened to my nikka Benny.

Anybody got a link for it?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Tapatalk 2

Vertigo_Black

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The Crimson State
Got this movie in my classic collection..a must have.

Lil Ze' should've be a top contender for GOAT movie villains. He was seriously "the nikka with a trigga with no heart"...spine chilling Antarctica cold and bloodthirsty.

Last edited by a moderator:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
knew eachother since they were like 8 breh

son was practically a brother to him

I think part of the reason Ze was as cold as he was cause he couldn't get no p*ssy and no b1tches wanted him. Benny got all the p*ssy

:yeshrug:

Yeah I know all that , but not getting p*ssy wasn't the reason why he cold. He was cold before he was at that age where dudes start to think about p*ssy.

I wanted them to go a bit deeper in their friendship.

Just thought about right now, they should a movie based on the childhood of Ze and Benny. Starting from the point where Ze left city after he killed all them people in the hotel.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Michael Jackson went to the favelas and was untouched

Dude was threatening police and told the goons to fallback

:wow:

Michael Jackson - They Don't Care About Us - YouTube

MJ had more street cred than a lot of nikkas... he went all over the world and you never heard of anyone even ATTEMPTING to do him wrong.. if anything they always showed him so much love.. rich to poor.. MJ had them all passing out at the sight of him

but yes, great movie.. definitely top 10.. took me so long to watch because of the subtitles.. once i actually told myself to sit and watch it.. i probably put 20 people on it right after

A.J.Soprano

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Burnt SUVs, Swimming Pools, Dominican dimes and Al
MJ had more street cred than a lot of nikkas... he went all over the world and you never heard of anyone even ATTEMPTING to do him wrong.. if anything they always showed him so much love.. rich to poor.. MJ had them all passing out at the sight of him

but yes, great movie.. definitely top 10.. took me so long to watch because of the subtitles.. once i actually told myself to sit and watch it.. i probably put 20 people on it right after

Who gon touch Mike?

he rolled squad deep :wow:

MJ-michael-jackson-16799827-800-524.jpg

tumblr_lf1vdqX1lt1qfa6mxo1_500.jpg

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
just bought a ticket to rio brehs

gonna be staying a few miles from cidade de deus. i wonder if they let you bring cameras into funk clubs in the favelas :mjpls:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
don't go near the favelas brehs, matter of fact don't leave ur hotel

:rudy: q essa porra eh isso breh?

i've already been in favelas in sao paulo, i'm deep in brazil. check the avi, i'm Mancha Verde/Dedos Para o Alto

don't leave my hotel :heh: that's the worst advice you could give someone going that far. i'm not staying in a hotel :heh:

only problems i foresee are a paulista accent in rio, but once they find out i'm really american it's gonna be all love

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
This is my second favourite movie of all time after Ghost Dog.

I was blown away the first time I saw it at the movies 10 years ago and went back to watch it three more times.

If you think the movie is intense, you should read the novel. It's probably the most violent book I've ever read and makes the movie look like Teletubbies. Some parts of that book are just :wow: