Cornel west deliverin that ether as usual..,

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
if you got something to say to TUH, fine. but stop dragging me into it with that 'mention' crap...

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
if you got something to say to TUH, fine. but stop dragging me into it with that 'mention' crap...

Quite contrary, I have nothing else to say to him, I'd rather discuss the topic, but I would go read my response in the Arcadium :salute:. Actually you know what, you have a point that should've been a PM.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Nah this wasnt at you more at Legendnas but i just read a whole post and text block about me and the black agenda and TUH and the transitive property and not a single line about civil liberties and my concerns. Very interesting stuff

sent from Mooks pig pen

Well that's what happens when you don't quote people. :obamaword:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
These Drone Strikes are happening in neither.

They are preemptive, illegal strikes.

You do know that he was referring to the misinformation regarding the Iraq war right? Are people saying Obama is lying about Drone attacks and manipulating evidence?

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Obama's administration has decided to minimize American casualties by instead waging war against the "war on terror" which is honestly asymmetric warfare. But they clearly cook the numbers so it doesn't look like they are killing civilians.

There was a HUGE NYT article on it in early 2012 or late 2011. Basically, if you get killed by a strike and it cannot be confirmed that you're a civilian it is regarded as an insurgent. It my biggest problem with his administration. It's just something I can't get with.

But literally every week they pick out people to go after. You can't protect the administration on that.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Cornell wouldn't be spittin shyt if he was on the front row of that inauguration in 2009. Him or Tavis.

They just MAD

Doesn't detract from whether or not he's right though my dude. You're write though.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Obama's administration has decided to minimize American casualties by instead waging war against the "war on terror" which is honestly asymmetric warfare. But they clearly cook the numbers so it doesn't look like they are killing civilians.

There was a HUGE NYT article on it in early 2012 or late 2011. Basically, if you get killed by a strike and it cannot be confirmed that you're a civilian it is regarded as an insurgent. It my biggest problem with his administration. It's just something I can't get with.

But literally every week they pick out people to go after. You can't protect the administration on that.

What should the alternative be? Boots on the ground, bombings? Neither would eliminate civilian deaths.

Is this classification of insurgents/terrorists any different than it was before drone strikes and the Obama administration?

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
What should the alternative be? Boots on the ground, bombings? Neither would eliminate civilian deaths.

Is this classification of insurgents/terrorists any different than it was before drone strikes and the Obama administration?

I don't know what the alternative is. That's the thing. It's just one of those things that doesn't feel right. Like, what if it was an African nation that was harboring terrorist and the cousins of people on here instead of the middle east which we still to some extent perceive as an "other" were getting killed without proof that they had anything to do with it....BET we wouldn't be cool with it.

That could be K'Naan out there getting killed in Somalia. I don't know what the alternative is though and whatever it is will be more costly.

I'm not sure if the classification is different than what the Bush administration did.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Side note: I just wanted to apologize for saying unnecessary and derogatory things about the moderators, bar and BP. Any issues I have with either them shouldn't amount to me calling them pussies or making unsubstantiated claims. It was uncalled for.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't know what the alternative is. That's the thing. It's just one of those things that doesn't feel right. Like, what if it was an African nation that was harboring terrorist and the cousins of people on here instead of the middle east which we still to some extent perceive as an "other" were getting killed without proof that they had anything to do with it....BET we wouldn't be cool with it.

That could be K'Naan out there getting killed in Somalia. I don't know what the alternative is though and whatever it is will be more costly.

I'm not sure if the classification is different than what the Bush administration did.

I really hate the entire thing. Its a bunch of nonsense. I think the exponential increase in technology has made us too cowardly and take the easy way out too much.

Despite how naive it may sound for multiple reasons, yes I would rather one on one combat(I don't mean anything to do with bayonets or anything before someone makes a Romney joke :comeon: between both sides.

I mean look at how idiotic this whole thing is. We are in "war" in Afghanistan, but having drone strikes in Pakistan? :heh:

I have no idea how guys like Obama(who has actually increased it compared to Bush) is able to live with this at night. Its because of things like these that a president gets accused of being a "puppet" when I know that he is his own man and could make his own decision not to do this but compromises way too damn much.

Making the right decision when his advisors tried to get him to bomb Bin Laden's compound......why doesn't he make that decision more often not to drone strikes. It kind of goes to show something, because his reason for not bombing wasn't even related to his children or anything, it was related to what the backlash would be if they were wrong.

So basically it did not matter if Bin Laden's children who are not responsible for him as a person ended up dying? :heh:

But God forbid if someone does that to our children over here