Dallas Cowboys hire Mike McCarthy as new head coach

tjax03

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I truly don't believe that. I honestly believe if Mike Tomlin was on the market Jerruh would hire him.

No Texas NFL team will hire a black head coach. I live here in Dallas. Its a known thing. Too many racist republicans run the shyt show.

Especially after Charlie Strong at Texas which was a direct follow of TAMU hiring Sumlin. You will never see a brotha as a head coach in any texas program ever again in this lifetime.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Organizations do matter. I like Marvin but he had a lot of chances breh and some of those Bengals teams were talented to get a win in January..

The playoff win argument in the NFL is the similar to the how many rings they have argument in the NBA. It can mean something, but also not really. Brian Billick won a championship too and I feel like McCarthy is in the same vein as him. A guy that ended up at the right place at the right time.

In Marvin's case, he had to take talent with risks to make up for the gap in organization support. That came back to bite in the playoffs. Vontaze Burfict all by himself has cost Marvin and the Bengals at least 1 playoff win that I can remember. We all found out how lazy/fukked up Chad was once he left the Bengals fold (ask Pats fans about him). There was also Pac Man Jones. I don't want to go into the story of Chris Henry, but he was nuts too. His best QB was Carson Palmer who got hurt in his 3rd year, and then just gave up for the rest of the time he was there, but they kept forcing Palmer out there and he was throwing ints to the point that we made a thread laughing about it. Then they drafted Dalton who was good for a choke or two along with two injury prone targets (Green and Eifert). He had a lot of chances, but he was also given a shaky platform to stand on.....and this is all from my memory. I bet actual Bengal fans can go even more in depth on it.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
No Texas NFL team will hire a black head coach. I live here in Dallas. Its a known thing. Too many racist republicans run the shyt show.

Especially after Charlie Strong at Texas which was a direct follow of TAMU hiring Sumlin. You will never see a brotha as a head coach in any texas program ever again in this lifetime.
Exactly.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Marvin did a great job with the Bengals however he had teams that had the most talent in the AFC and couldn't win one game in the playoffs. Not all of it was his fault but he was there 16 years and couldn't get out of the wild card round. How much rope do you wanna give a guy?

he can’t go out there and make Andy play better, he can’t make tackles or defeat the person in front of him, i get he had good teams, he also had an owner that ain’t give a fukk, and was able to turn shyt to sugar

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
he can’t go out there and make Andy play better, he can’t make tackles or defeat the person in front of him, i get he had good teams, he also had an owner that ain’t give a fukk, and was able to turn shyt to sugar

Why fire any coach then if you give them absolutely no blame? Are you going to ignore the loss in 2015 when they won 12 games and lost to the Steelers because they were completely undisciplined? I like Marv and he did a good job there but there's a ceiling on how far he was gonna take you. They gave the guy 16 years.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
McCarthy is a good coach. We're getting ready to find out if Dak is The Guy and we're gonna find out if McCarthy was made by Rodgers or if he can succeed without him...
200.webp

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Yeah people acting like McCarthy is trash in this thread. Maybe his offensive playcalling got stale and needs an upgrade, and he tends to be way too conservative, but dude is a proven winner.

He had A Rod all these years, but remember things turned around in Green Bay in his first year and they made it to their first conference finals in forever after years of stagnation under Mike Sherman and didn’t make the SB cause :upsetfavre: had too much fun out there in OT.

This hire isn’t worthy of laugh smiles. Who were you expecting to get.?

The fukk it aint

ya'll gonna learn sooner or later

Why do coli brehs always do this? that fat fukk is a joke of a coach and will continue to be one in the NFC East.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Why fire any coach then if you give them absolutely no blame? Are you going to ignore the loss in 2015 when they won 12 games and lost to the Steelers because they were completely undisciplined? I like Marv and he did a good job there but there's a ceiling on how far he was gonna take you. They gave the guy 16 years.

a lot fell on him,but he was charged with making chicken salad out of chicken shyt, this is a unique situation, but i think it was time to part ways

tjax03

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So last I recall Mcarthy really doesnt believe in running the football so how will that work with zeke?

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
So last I recall Mcarthy really doesnt believe in running the football so how will that work with zeke?

Who exactly was he going to run the ball with? He waited too long with Aaron Jones, but he was awful early in his career with pass protection and if you can't pass protect as a RB you don't play