Daredevil is that shyt, but whoever casted KINGPIN dropped the ball

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Man, you better stop fukking playin'... Vincent embodied Frank Miller's Kingpin 'to a T'.
Miller been doing his "Dark Knight" shyt before it was cool to do "Dark Knight" shyt.
Kingpin is a COMIC BOOK character, we've NEVER heard Kingpin speak, so how can you determine what he's suppose to sound like?

Secondly, flashbacks save a lot of time and the studio a lot of money. Look at the Amazing Spiderman reboot, already in the trash after two films, with one wasted on ORIGINS. Flashbacks were perfected by Arrow's producers, and it's one of the reason the show did so well with fans who had no idea who Green Arrow was.

You're buggin'...I think you need to read The Man Without Fear before you go dissin' a perfect series, which is quite better than most of the Marvel FILMS I've seen.
Tj2vmL1.jpg

Read a comic book OP. Because this Kingpin ACTS and LOOKS like the Kingpin from the comics. IMO he's the best Kingpin casted.

Also his character made the series even more worthwhile...:wow:

D'Onofrio was brilliant and really brought the role to life. You gotta understand that this is was as much an origin story for him as it was for Daredevil. This is an introvert man, who knows the demons he holds deep down inside very well, and as such wishes to stay in the shadows and have others accomplish his goals. But due to Vanessa opening him up, and Daredevil messing with his plans, he steps out of the shadows, struggling against the light, to grab the reigns to his own destiny, on his way to become the most powerful and dangerous man in NY.

Which he almost literally explains to you with the Samaritan story, which is Fisk finally admitting to, and accepting, the man that he is. Not someone feigning to protect New York, pretending to look out for the interests of others (even his partners in crime) , but someone who will own this city at any cost, the Kingpin of crime.

I'm actually glad this thread was made so this can be discussed and nipped in the bud.

Everyone that's shytting on Fisk..... And notice I said FISK and not KINGPIN... I don't think yall got the intentions of the direction of this show.

Just like how from jump Matthew wasn't quite from DareDevil, he was just a white boy in a black outfit with a black mask fighting crime. He didn't even have a weapon till it was given too him.

It's the same with Fisk, it crazy yall accept Matthew for who he was but ain't accept Fisk, hell the law firm didn't even have clients and had a written sign on they front door.

This was more a take on Fisk transitioning too KINGPIN.

There are always reasons why people become who they become. Plus think about this from a marvel world standpoint..... If dude was already the so called Kingpin yall where thinking he should've already been.

Then why hasn't he already crossed paths with Stark, Shield, Cap, Hulk, Hawkeye, or etc?

Again, much like throughout this show not one time till the last ep was Matt ever referred to as "DareDevil", please provide one scene where Fisk was called Kingpin.... Just one!!!

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
Nah this casting sucked. I get the part he developed from being a fat pigsly fakkit forced into brutality with aspergers type steez. But I feel like he isn't threatening or boss enough for who he is ..even after the car door scene I wasn't convinced. He comes across more as weirdo serial killer than a mob boss running the show. He delivers his lines like Stevie from marcom in the middle, is a simp and just annoying and not intimidating enough.

Also i find the the kid that plays daredevil in flashbacks acting to be the sh1ttiest. Who's cock did he suck to get that role ?

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OP is correct. Dudes acting sucked. has nothing to do with the direction they are taking kinpin etc.. His acting was not convincing and came off amatuer.. the way he delivered some lines were just cringe-worthy... And his voice was just off for some reason.. vocal inflections randomly all over the place and almost made me cut the show off.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Have no probs with him. The voice thing is a little out there, but I'm only 5 eps into it so it could grow on me.

Buff Batista would of been an interesting pick.

Last edited:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, you better stop fukking playin'... Vincent embodied Frank Miller's Kingpin 'to a T'.
Miller been doing his "Dark Knight" shyt before it was cool to do "Dark Knight" shyt.
Kingpin is a COMIC BOOK character, we've NEVER heard Kingpin speak, so how can you determine what he's suppose to sound like?

Secondly, flashbacks save a lot of time and the studio a lot of money. Look at the Amazing Spiderman reboot, already in the trash after two films, with one wasted on ORIGINS. Flashbacks were perfected by Arrow's producers, and it's one of the reason the show did so well with fans who had no idea who Green Arrow was.

You're buggin'...I think you need to read The Man Without Fear before you go dissin' a perfect series, which is quite better than most of the Marvel FILMS I've seen.
Tj2vmL1.jpg
This is the same thing with the joker hate . People barely know anything about a character and they like Ohhhh they destroying him or this isn't kingpin .

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
you gotta read The Man Without Fear joint
itll all make sense after that

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
I've already stated how I felt about the voice in the DD thread but it wasn't a deal breaker for us. It will be interesting in how his speech pattern will evolve into next season if at all.

Anytime I read a comic book with Kingpin in it, Roscoe Lee Brown's voice runs through my head on his talking parts anyway.:win:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I've already stated how I felt about the voice in the DD thread but it wasn't a deal breaker for us. It will be interesting in how his speech pattern will evolve into next season if at all.

Anytime I read a comic book with Kingpin in it, Roscoe Lee Brown's voice runs through my head on his talking parts anyway.:win:

Exactly what me and my boy said when we watched it. So his voice took some getting used to because there aren't many people who've been the kingpin in media; i think its him and Michael Clarke (RIP) that's it right? So I didn't expect Vincent to mimic two black men

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Whether it was writing, or an acting choice, I give it an A.

His awkwardness, sputtering, low speaking voice and lack of eye contact kept me on edge every time he was on screen.

It's one thing to describe or have other characters be on egg-shells around a villain, it's another thing to have the audience feel that way too.

:yeshrug:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Its an ORIGIN series, Wilson is not the kingpin yet and matt isnt the daredevil yet. (until the last ep) He's supposed to be weak around women and awkward. :snoop:

He was clearly the fukking kingpin, since they called him the fukking kingpin.