DEBATE: Would Having More Blacks On The Police Force Solve Issues In Our Community?

Would Having More Blacks In The Police Force Solve Things?

• Total voters

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Alright, I've read numerous threads about how more Blacks in the line of law enforcement is the answer.

Here is my view, you can't do a damn thing until you eradicate those White Supremacists from those positions. That means the sheriff, chief of police, and etc. Why? Because they dictate policy. Only thing would happen is those Black cops would become tainted. Yeah, you have the honest ones, but the bulk of those Black cops would line right up to be an official spokesperson for White Supremacy.

Listen, I got an Uncle who's a statetrooper that I never met and my aunt is about to retire from being an officer. Got two cousins who are deputies.

This shyt goes deep. Most know that I have a neutral position on law enforcement. Why? Because I think we need law and order, but HONEST law and order. We don't have that in this country. The job of the police is actually to protect property. They could give a fukk less about you and I. All that shyt is for show.

Anyhow, what do yall think? Until you remove the crooks who get kickbacks from those positions of law enforcement and government NOTHING will change.

After that, you could worry about building a strong police-community relationship. Because as of right now they don't fukk with us. Also, they have the fraternal order of police which is a crooked organization in itself.

YeLovesBoston

Superstar
Daps
I don't think there's any absolute solutions to these problems. I do think having black people who grew up in the communities would help. That doesn't mean that'd make them cops that were absolutely clean. You could always have some dudes who have a grudge against the hood dudes, and with the badge they get power over these nikkas. For the most part, though, it helps having police officers who aren't completely disconnected and being able to personally know the people in your neighborhoods would allow more empathy than fear.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I don't think there's any absolute solutions to these problems. I do think having black people who grew up in the communities would help. That doesn't mean that'd make them cops that were absolutely clean. You could always have some dudes who have a grudge against the hood dudes, and with the badge they get power over these nikkas. For the most part, though, it helps having police officers who aren't completely disconnected and being able to personally know the people in your neighborhoods would allow more empathy than fear.
Good point and it starts with decent leadership.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

been saying this for years.....

if i wasnt in the red...i'd rep you breh :skip:

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep. My dad is a cop. He patrolled his own neighborhoods. At the time my dad was a street cop, St. Louis was still the most dangerous place in the country. My pops told me he only had to pull his gun out ONE TIME. Never had to shoot it. Most dangerous place in the country and he practically never had to draw his weapon in his 30 some odd years policing the streets because he had relationships with the people he was policing and everyone had hella respect for him. My dad then went on to become a homicide detective and every case meant something to him since he knew the victims or the victim’s family personally a lot of the time.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
We need black policy makers as well, on commissions that do studies, on oversight committees. entire system needs to be overhauled or else they're just enforcing the white supremacists laws. why is there such a thing as serving football numbers for non-violent crimes, yet heads of institutions which commit frauds into the billions get restitution plea deals with no time served?

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
NO. OUR PERCEPTION OF THE POLICE WOULD HAVE TO CHANGE. WE HATE THE POLICE SO BAD THAT WE WILL SOMETIMES PROTECT OUR OWN CRIMINALS. THAT IS ONE OF THE MOST DESTRUCTIVE SIDE EFFECTS TO OUR BAD RELATIONSHIPS WITH THE POLICE.

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
It will help somewhat but as with any sort of integration you have to integrate at all levels not just the lower levels. If every person in the chain of command is white and possibly racist telling you to enforce racist policing then it doesn't do much good to have a lot significant amount of blacks at the lower levels. I also agree with the idea of trying to make sure more of the police officers have positive community ties to the areas they are policing.