DEBATE: Would Having More Blacks On The Police Force Solve Issues In Our Community?

Would Having More Blacks In The Police Force Solve Things?

• Total voters

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
Only if we are the majority will we see improvement. There is a reason why we hashtag inherently. The way whites and other groups perceive us, we will never get the benefit of the doubt from them and will as always be seen as a threat regardless of the situation.

The only way to improve the police force is to have more checks and balances and harsher punishments for abuse of power. The reason the police force abuse its power is because they can operate with impunity. There are no major consequences for abuse of power and no one is holding them accountable.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yes. I've said it here before. We culturally understand each other. It's not a racist thing, it's a cultural thing.

We all know the loud auntie, or the uncle that starts cussing and talking shyt when he's heated, or the cousin that just shuts down like:demonic:.

We know when we are just talking shyt. Some of our people naturally speak fast, just as some of our people naturally speak loud you combine either one or both of those elements with cussing (just having a foul mouth,which a lot of people casually have) then add some white cop who's never been around black people to understand that we aren't being aggressive or threatening and now you immediately have an escalated situation .

Just like Lisa these cops go into these neighborhoods and because they are unfamiliar they become frightened. Which in turn leads to a power struggle and ends in us being killed or arrested.

I'm sure we've had jobs or just witnessed a black person being black and a white person like :whoa: or :picard: when there is absolutely no concern.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've seen a cop go off on someone.

"How are you doing, was it you that called 911?"
"Whats up man , yeah it was me I----"
"DONT WHATS UP ME!!!! IM NOT YOUR BUDDY!!!!!"

I think the guys car had been hit and the other driver drove off, black dude just looked at him and said never mind then left.

Last edited:

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Eh, the problem is a little deeper than just hiring more Black cops. They need to be trained better, and as much as I hate 12, I can admit that they need to be compensated a lot better as well. For a job that holds that much power over someone’s life, they need to have the pin point skills of a brain surgeon. And the check should reflect that.

I grew up on the westside of Atlanta, damn near every cop I saw growing up was Black and I still saw them do loads of dirty shyt. Saw a cop knock a wino’s teeth out when I was a git, all cuz he didn’t want to move from in front of the store. Dude was so drunk he probably didn’t understand, but the cop didn’t even do any police shyt on him after he didn’t move. Just went straight to hooking on him like some random in the street. This Detective used to fukk with my auntie, he would always be up in her salon skinning and grinning. When the first PlayStation came out dude was bragging like “yeah lil breh I already got one, stole it up out some dope boys house last night”. Yeah it sounded like flex at the time but years later that same cop got fired from the dept cuz it came to light that the task force he was on was paying informants for false info on drug busts just to run up in folks houses. They was a robbing crew basically. Breh I’m in elementary and these are the examples I’m seeing of who is supposed to protect and serve. And they was all Black. The problem is the system, cuz when it comes to cops I just Blue, I don’t see Black or white.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in majority black areas there should be majority black policemen, that is all.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
also how is anyone supposed to eradicate white supremacy living in the western world? do yall even know what that means? :what::mjlol:

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yes, You need blacks integrated at all levels. Police, lawyers, judges, lobbyists, whatever power positions whites have.
Overall the culture needs to change.

Learn from your enemies. Do what their doing.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
No. More black cops/less white cops does nothing to dismantle the system that's in place to oppress black and brown people. Or the system that exists to protect cops from the law. Black cops are apart of the same system so why would they make things better? Overall...would having cops who live in the neighborhood police it be better, regardless of their color? Sure...but that's not going to solve the issue either.

We can't ignore the economics at work in many cities where the tax base is low, public services are non existent, there are no jobs, and young black and brown men are funneled into crime. Which leads to more shook/trigger happy/hostile police, more militarism, etc. How do we fix that, especially with automation on the way which will eliminate what little jobs actually exist in bad inner city areas (fast food)? I don't know if there is an answer. At least not one

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
I deal with the public all day. We need more Black people doing these jobs but it won't solve everything. I walk up to other Black people like "Breh what's going on, keep it moving" We need more Black cops that aren't corrupt.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
This is a fukking lie and you know it you devilish cracker.

Whites are the majority, so that's a know brainer. However, police on Black stats are high and they have a negative perception of Blacks.

Not white but you can keep shyt posting.

Ultimately the topic has no real solution. Because while cops are pretty much shytty all around (regardless of race or gender), its systemic. They need more actual training, from shooting range to sensitivity training. I handled two of the talking points, now move on.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's not just on the force, we need more black people higher up the ranks and in departments like Internal Affairs.