Dethroning the King - Official UFC 182: Jones vs Cormier Thread [Jan. 3]

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
DC has the tools to beat him, his prob is that his ego made him be so fukking determined to want to simply out wrestle Jon. He wasted too much time trying out clinch a great Greco roman wrestler with greater size and and leverage and basically got worn down because of it, that and not defending those body shots didn't help matters. His only concern with the clinch shouldve been to land strikes, then release, and utilize footwork and angles to stay in punching distance and continue to land to not only do damage but set up takedowns. Then once he had him on the ground he would have to concentrate on keeping him there...basically stay on him like stink on shyt and pound him out nh. Trying to stand there and out muscle him was a bad idea.

Yea he should have continued to yank down Jones head and land those overhand/uppercuts. It was a lot of times in that fight where he had Jones in the clinch and just allowed knees/hooks to the body. But at the end of the day, he didn't have the cardio to keep up.

Last edited:

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:camby: I swear most of you dudes have no idea what you are talking about

And you do ok :heh: I call it like I see it. Cain's chin is suspect yes he ate jds's punches but jds out chea swinging for the fences in his last fight. Jds has been over exposed by Cain. Ain't no one worried about that nikka. I wanna see jds vs hunt

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
And you do ok :heh: I call it like I see it. Cain's chin is suspect yes he ate jds's punches but jds out chea swinging for the fences in his last fight. Jds has been over exposed by Cain. Ain't no one worried about that nikka. I wanna see jds vs hunt

Let me ask you a question. Would you consider Roy Nelson or Mark Hunt's chin suspect?

LinusCaldwell

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yea he should have continued to yank of Jones head and land those overhand/uppercuts. It was a lot of times in that fight where he had Jones in the clinch and just allowed knees/hooks to the body. But at the end of the day, he didn't have the cardio to keep up.

But that's also cause jones utilizes wrist control. Jones let dc do what he wanted and still beat him. He are his best punches. Defended successfully 7 outta 8 take downs. Dc doesn't have the heart.

@lolwutdawg

LinusCaldwell

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Let me ask you a question. Would you consider Roy Nelson or Mark Hunt's chin suspect?

Roy's been getting rattled of late. Mark nah. No one has been able to land the same shots Kongo has on Cain and even defended against Cain's takedown like Kongo did. That's testament to both those fighters Cain adjusted his fighting after that and Kongo left the ufc knowing he didn't have it anymore.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Roy's been getting rattled of late. Mark nah. No one has been able to land the same shots Kongo has on Cain and even defended against Cain's takedown like Kongo did. That's testament to both those fighters Cain adjusted his fighting after that and Kongo left the ufc knowing he didn't have it anymore.

:what: JDS was tagging Cain in that opening round like Kongo and Cain recovered well. Doesn't seem like his chin is weak to me. And Kongo got ragdolled. Once again, we are talking about 5 yr old fights. Roy and Hunt have been getting KO'd(in recent years) but no one talks about them having weak chins

Last edited:

LinusCaldwell

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:what: JDS was tagging Cain in that opening round like Kongo and Cain barely flinched. And Kongo got ragdolled. Once again, we are talking about 5 yr old fights. Roy and Hunt have been getting KO'd(in recent years) but no one talks about them having weak chins

:comeon: let's get back to my point. Cain's weakness is his chin has he improved from 5 years ago yes no doubt. Jones still isn't gonna ko him and so jones would just need to attack his knees.

Roy's chin shaky
Hunt's chin nah but it was cray to see werdum ko him.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DC has the tools to beat him, his prob is that his ego made him be so fukking determined to want to simply out wrestle Jon. He wasted too much time trying out clinch a great Greco roman wrestler with greater size and and leverage and basically got worn down because of it, that and not defending those body shots didn't help matters. His only concern with the clinch shouldve been to land strikes, then release, and utilize footwork and angles to stay in punching distance and continue to land to not only do damage but set up takedowns. Then once he had him on the ground he would have to concentrate on keeping him there...basically stay on him like stink on shyt and pound him out nh. Trying to stand there and out muscle him was a bad idea.

Nah. That's AKA bruh. Him and Cain train that pressure game, coming forward and striking with the clinch. He's used to pushing thru his opponents and breaking their will over short time frames. That's how he fights. That's what makes this loss so devastating. He gave Jon his best shot and even though he didn't get washed, he got DOMINATED at his own game

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
Somebody please @ a mod. I don't know who the mods are in this part of the board.... but yeah

100K coli cash :ehh:

I'm a man of my words. Can I transfer the coli cash or does a mod have to?

Anyways the fight was promising in the beginning. DC's pressure looked like it was getting to Jones. Then it looked like he blew his load in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Got dominated after.

LinusCaldwell

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Nah. That's AKA bruh. Him and Cain train that pressure game, coming forward and striking with the clinch. He's used to pushing thru his opponents and breaking their will over short time frames. That's how he fights. That's what makes this loss so devastating. He gave Jon his best shot and even though he didn't get washed, he got DOMINATED at his own game

:usmart:
That's why I said jones taking out Cain's knees

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
But that's also cause jones utilizes wrist control. Jones let dc do what he wanted and still beat him. He are his best punches. Defended successfully 7 outta 8 take downs. Dc doesn't have the heart.

@lolwutdawg
Are you trying to say he sat there and let DC hit him with those punches? :heh:

Nah breh, he knew better, that's why he knew he had to wear him down then eventually get his wrists cuz too many more of those bombs and he would've ended up face down losing via TKO.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I forgot that cac Gus has to fight Rumble. :ohhh:

I've only watched one of Rumble's fights and he knocked out a Brazilian.How good is he?

Rumble is a beast breh. Especially after he's gone up a weight class. Haven't really kept up with Gustafson, but I've seen every Rumble fight and dude is definitely a contender. He wouldn't be able to handle Jones.

LinusCaldwell

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Are you trying to say he sat there and let DC hit him with those punches? :heh:

Nah breh, he knew better, that's why he knew he had to wear him down then eventually get his wrists cuz too many more of those bombs and he would've ended up face down losing via TKO.

Hell nah no one can take straight up flush strong clean punches to the face repetitively but cormier landed enough to have hurt jones he landed over a 100 shots over his body :comeon: jones didn't even look that effed up especially if you compare it to the Gus fight. And I would say dc is stronger than Gus

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hell nah no one can take straight up flush strong clean punches to the face repetitively but cormier landed enough to have hurt jones he landed over a 100 shots over his body :comeon: jones didn't even look that effed up especially if you compare it to the Gus fight. And I would say dc is stronger than Gus

Gus cut Jones and made him bleed more, but Cormier actually had Jones turtled up in survival mode in round 2, its difference between being busted up and being hurt

Gus busted Jones up, but Jones hurt Gus almost KO'd him. cormier took it to jones in that second round and that was the most trouble jones has ever been in, if had had power punching like a rampage, jones wouldn't have made it out that round

LinusCaldwell

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Gus cut Jones and made him bleed more, but Cormier actually had Jones turtled up in survival mode in round 2, its difference between being busted up and being hurt

Gus busted Jones up, but Jones hurt Gus almost KO'd him. cormier took it to jones in that second round and that was the most trouble jones has ever been in, if had had power punching like a rampage, jones wouldn't have made it out that round

Cormier does have punching power. And second round jones didn't look good at all. But I wouldn't say it's the most trouble he's been in. It was just a round he lost at no point did I honestly think he would lose because he didn't seem that phase even when he was getting hit :manny: