Detroit student joins BAMN to lead protest against U-M admissions office

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
Detroit student joins BAMN to lead protest against U-M admission - Fox 2 News Headlines

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (WJBK) -- Detroit high school student Brooke Kimbrough, along with the pro-affirmative action group By Any Means Necessary, staged a protest Tuesday to demand more diversity at the University of Michigan.

BAMN is demanding an immediate appeal on behalf of Kimbrough and Birmingham Seaholm student Daisha Martin. Both applied to the university school and were denied admission.

Kimbrough, who is black, says she carries a 3.6 GPA, scored a 23 (out of 36) on the ACT test and is a leader of University Prep High School's winning debate team. Martin's is president of Seaholm's Black Student Union, plays the violin and started an annual march against racism. Her academic records were not made public.

"I believe I have been rejected because of the morals I stand for," said Kimbrough. "I will make it my civic duty to document every news of a rejection letter that the university produces to our black, brown and red bodies."

U-M officials tell FOX 2 they share students' concerns about diversity on campus and that increasing the number of unrepresented minorities on campus is a major goal of the administration.

On Wednesday, officials said a series of meetings between administrators and the Black Student Union have produced several steps aiming at increasing the percentage of black students.

It was back in 2003 when the U.S. Supreme Court struck down U-M's undergraduate admissions practice of assigning points to minority candidates in the undergraduate admissions process.

1. The Bold part :snoop:
2. Good way to get blackballed.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
I didn't have that GPA but I got a 23 on the ACT and got into Eastern, and not U of M :manny:. is that GPA u of M worthy?

It's been a while since I looked at the admissions, people were saying you need at least a 29 to get looked at today since that lawsuit changed the undergrad's admissions. But she won't get anyway since she wants to show her ass with the microphone. There are other ways to get in the school other than straight up admissions. She could have gone through another school and tried to transfer in. Undergrad or Grad. She could have took the ACT over and got a higher score. I got a 28 on the ACT and got in but that was back in 1999. Things have changed over there.

wheywhey

Pro
Daps
I didn't have that GPA but I got a 23 on the ACT and got into Eastern, and not U of M :manny:. is that GPA u of M worthy?

Her GPA is high because her classmates are struggling and the schoolwork was too easy. The ACT average at University Prep is below 16. She probably got one of the highest ACT scores in the school and just assumed it was good enough for UM, which it isn't.

Debate team members ACT scores were tracked over a three-year period. When compared to the rest of the school, the team’s average score stands at 18.7, while the UPA average is 15.4.

University Prep Academy Debate Team Shines Brightly Amongst Tough Competition | U Prep Schools

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
Her GPA is high because her classmates are struggling and the schoolwork was too easy. The ACT average at University Prep is below 16. She probably got one of the highest ACT scores in the school and just assumed it was good enough for UM, which it isn't.

Wow... didn't know that.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
a 23 isn't all that good yo. I got a 27 with a PISS poor GPA and Michigan State still sent letters.

I was a foolish teen :snoop:

I got a 29 but only graduated with like a 2.8 GPA. :heh: :snoop:

Was lazy as fukk. I did end up getting into Michigan State but they put me in the CAPS program or some shyt like that. :heh:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I got a 29 but only graduated with like a 2.8 GPA. :heh: :snoop:

Was lazy as fukk. I did end up getting into Michigan State but they put me in the CAPS program or some shyt like that. :heh:

yeah thats what i was gonna be in, but i only need 2 classes to graduate and my school made us take a full load so i fukked around and ruined my senior GPA cuz i wanted to get p*ssy and rock tall tees. :snoop: the mid 2000's :dead:

Lucy

Banned
Daps
:snoop:

If you are not qualified for an university, well then, you are just not getting it in. Simple as that.

I'm all for fighting the good fight, but not to the point of making fighting the good fight look like a joke.

Unfortunately, the damn Repig cacs are eating this up. Having an ol' field day with it.

:snoop:

bigDeeOT

Banned
Daps
She doesn't have a leg to stand on. Even if her GPA and ACT is above average, you can't prove she was rejected due to racism or her "morals" when there's so many other above average applicants that get rejected too.

See we as a black community ought to stand up and publicly denounce her actions. By us not publicly denouncing her actions it appears to the rest of america that the black community as a whole stands behind her. It appears she is speaking for all of black america. This is why people have a hard time taking the black community seriously. They see stuff like this that ruin our credibility so the next time we actually do have a LEGITIMATE complaint of racism, it will be like the boy that cried wolf.

And lol @ her friend not reporting her numbers. Of course she's not reporting it, it wasn't good enough.