Detroit student joins BAMN to lead protest against U-M admissions office

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Whites make up 72% of the US population. Whites make up 66% of U of M's population. I guess this slacker is protesting against U of M's preference for Asians, since they make up 4.8% of the US population and 13.5% of U of M's population.

:smugbiden:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
OMG bruhs click on the link and watch the video! HAHA! God bless what an embarrassment! She claims to be on some sort of leading "debate" team? Judging from the way she speaks in that video (typical loud mouth, aggressive, angry, black female) she has problems keeping herself level headed. I'm VERY curious what she wrote about in her personal statement.

Detroit student joins BAMN to lead protest against U-M admission - Fox 2 News Headlines

Holy shyt, that is so embarrassing, I guess they ain't down with the #newblack

Meta Reign

I walk the streets like, ''say something, n!gga!''
Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
OMG bruhs click on the link and watch the video! HAHA! God bless what an embarrassment! She claims to be on some sort of leading "debate" team? Judging from the way she speaks in that video (typical loud mouth, aggressive, angry, black female) she has problems keeping herself level headed. I'm VERY curious what she wrote about in her personal statement.

Detroit student joins BAMN to lead protest against U-M admission - Fox 2 News Headlines
*Is already embarrassed, and didn't even click link yet*

Dada

Face===>Heel
Daps
It's ironic that the White female student who wants to debate her also had mediocre academic credentials, as did the male she brought the lawsuit with (his GPA was a 3.0). None of the 3 had what it took to get in, and each one blamed race. He had a low GPA but a respectful, but not exemplary, ACT score, both of the females had respectable GPAs but mediocre or low test scores. David Beckham's kids couldn't get into U of M with those numbers.

They're trying to gloss over their mediocrity by blaming racial discrimination, much like some blame their lack of success on the 1%, but when you look at their personal choices and how they use their time/prioritize, it's clear why they aren't where they think they should be.

They undermine the fight against real institutional racism with this type of nonsense.

I got a 29 but only graduated with like a 2.8 GPA. :heh: :snoop:

Was lazy as fukk. I did end up getting into Michigan State but they put me in the CAPS program or some shyt like that. :heh:
CAPS, I remember that. You didn't just slide in either because they must've used my last 2 years when I was getting mostly As and a couple of Bs, I got very meh grades the first two years..I was unchallenged/bored. Schools these days usually let you in at least two ways, cumulative 4 years or last 2 years. My ACT score wasn't near yours either.

Last edited:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
This chick is an embarrassment and I and other U of M alums have been clowning her on facebook. She feeds into the stereotype of entitlement. If she had those same numbers and was from a very poor background, she very well may have gotten in but put into the summer program. Obviously, all things considered they didn't think she was U of M material. U of M has a 33% acceptance rate that is dropping while accepting more students than ever. 40+% of the student body is coming from out of state and it is composed mainly of children that can afford to pay sticker (55,000 per year). The average U of M family makes over 6 figures, and many other things contributed to the declining black population. U of M accepts many more black students than those who choose to attend. Often it is for financial reasons.

But I never took the ACT, but Michigan's ACT range is from 28-32. Only 4% of people in her percentile were accepted. Those are obviously athletes and disadvantaged people. Michigan's average GPA is a 3.8 with over 76% of students scoring over a 3.75. It's SAT range is from 1280 to 1480 (not including the writing portion). In other words, if you got into Michigan, you scored between the 88 and 98 percentiles on your SAT. This chick would be better off playing the more plausible disadvantage angle instead of claiming it is because of her race. I used to work with a lot of those people at U of M admissions and they're liberal as fukk and I know they're shaking their head at this chick.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
doesn't qualify. She should have went to a top private school where the top students go ivy league and other top private university....it makes middle of the pack student look better to state universities.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
So I heard the bytch talking and she sounds like a fukking fool. --- Her voice, her tone, her points, her sentence structure are ALL fukked up. I wouldn't have let this chick go to a HBCU that I created on my own just out of fear of her popping off at the mouth too damn much......... and the other chick can't really form a sentence. I tend to sound like a nikka ALL the time, but not when I was on my way to college, and not now in professional settings. time and a place.

First of UPA is a fukking overrated HS. My ACT was higher than nearly everyone who went there and average at my own school. act was better than my sat.
I got into MSU at age 16, and eventually was accepted to U of M - BUT most black people can't get accepted to U of M........ by JUST DOING Better than your peers because in an Urban environment you peers fukking suck . Thats the honest truth.

That's why I ended up choosing MSU over U of M (and pissed off my parents) because of the Average 'Type' of black folk that went there. They are from ****, not Detroit..... They are from St clair, not Southfield... they are from Okemos, not Flint. At least MSU gave average black people a chance.

I'm just saying, I almost cried when my dad pulled me from my HS w my friends and put me in that CAC school (I was already problack as a kid)......but now I appreciate it; if your not at a top private, high class charter, or good public you aren't competitive with a 3.8.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
U of M accepts many more black students than those who choose to attend. Often it is for financial reasons.
Yeah, this is true. My brother, my bm, and I were all accepted to your wack ass school as teens.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And at the end of the day college only matters if you plan to work for the man and want to be at big name companies.

If you plan to start your own business doesn't matter as you learn certain material and can expand upon your knowledge online and through books. you don't need to attend a top school to get a CFP or a CPA. it's about having a degree and standardize test/standards. Now....If you want to works for some top investment bank and you go to a lesser school you have to prove a point and damn near do it on your own and make them want your talents.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So I heard the bytch talking and she sounds like a fukking fool. --- Her voice, her tone, her points, her sentence structure are ALL fukked up. I wouldn't have let this chick go to a HBCU that I created on my own just out of fear of her popping off at the mouth too damn much......... and the other chick can't really form a sentence. I tend to sound like a nikka ALL the time, but not when I was on my way to college, and not now in professional settings. time and a place.

First of UPA is a fukking overrated HS. My ACT was higher than nearly everyone who went there and average at my own school. act was better than my sat.
I got into MSU at age 16, and eventually was accepted to U of M - BUT most black people can't get accepted to U of M........ by JUST DOING Better than your peers because in an Urban environment you peers fukking suck . Thats the honest truth.

That's why I ended up choosing MSU over U of M (and pissed off my parents) because of the Average 'Type' of black folk that went there. They are from ****, not Detroit..... They are from St clair, not Southfield... they are from Okemos, not Flint. At least MSU gave average black people a chance.

I'm just saying, I almost cried when my dad pulled me from my HS w my friends and put me in that CAC school (I was already problack as a kid)......but now I appreciate it; if your not at a top private, high class charter, or good public you aren't competitive with a 3.8.

What HS you go to?

I actually went to Cass Tech...it was good for a public school but definitely wasn't on some top class private school shyt. :heh:

To be honest I was lazy and unmotivated in high school and really didn't give a fukk about college until senior year. I just went to MSU because half my class ended up going there and it was in-state. Didn't even apply to UofM, I had the test scores but my grades were nowhere near up to par and I didn't really have any excuse. :heh:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
What HS you go to?

I actually went to Cass Tech...it was good for a public school but definitely wasn't on some top class private school shyt. :heh:

To be honest I was lazy and unmotivated in high school and really didn't give a fukk about college until senior year. I just went to MSU because half my class ended up going there and it was in-state. Didn't even apply to UofM, I had the test scores but my grades were nowhere near up to par and I didn't really have any excuse. :heh:
Cass is actually a good school -plus it seems like every chick i wanted to fukk went there, and all the bytches in HR departements Everywhere are alum from there.... At least if you are top of you class there is actually means something... I started going to king, but ended up moving and going to a private cac school.

And I feel like MSU is a way better overall experience than U OF M. You should be glad you went there, I stayed at Baily dorms all four years. Most kids aren't motivated in HS, I had cousins n shyt going to IVY league, so I had more pressure.... I was considered a failure for attending MSU.

I went on to the military after msu, went grad school, and my dad still claims I haven't really done shyt w my life, so All of this school stuff is a matter of perspective anyway.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Cass is actually a good school -plus it seems like every chick i wanted to fukk went there, and all the bytches in HR departements Everywhere are alum from there.... At least if you are top of you class there is actually means something... I started going to king, but ended up moving and going to a private cac school.

And I feel like MSU is a way better overall experience than U OF M. You should be glad you went there, I stayed at Baily dorms all four years. Most kids aren't motivated in HS, I had cousins n shyt going to IVY league, so I had more pressure.... I was considered a failure for attending MSU.

I went on to the military after msu, went grad school, and my dad still claims I haven't really done shyt w my life, so All of this school stuff is a matter of perspective anyway.
MSU is not an overall better experience than U of M. Cut that out. The only thing MSU has is better looking women (and maybe you friends from HS if you need that). If you're from Michigan, that shouldn't be that big of a deal to you anyway. That's just a weekend trip . As for what @J-Fire said and you dapped up, I don't have the time or want to write an essay right now but anyone who tells someone that what college you go to doesn't matter has no idea what they're talking about. Go look up return on investments on degrees. LOL@it only mattering if you want to work for the man. CPA and CFP are not equal to running a successful business. Stop selling people on the stories of the exception, instead of encouraging them to be the exception while preparing them for the most likely scenario that they are not.

Further, if being on this board has taught me anything, it's that learning critical thinking skills on your own is no guarantee. Acquiring knowledge through reading and being a critical thinker are not the same thing. A lot of people can memorize facts and concepts, but working through problems is something different entirely. Just because you went to school doesn't mean you've done shyt because the point is to do something with the degree, so if your fam feels like you haven't done shyt..........my guy you might not have done shyt.

And that nonsense of about U of M not giving average black people a chance is regressive logic of someone relying on the stereotypes of what black people are supposed to be like. I can forgive you that at 16, but in your late 20s, that is inexcusable. It is true that U of M's black kids even tend to come from somewhat affluent backgrounds, but many of them do not. That is what the entire CPS summer program is for. Most of the black kids I knew at U of M were from Detroit. Renaissance and places like that. The people from out of state like me all identified with being "urban" for the most part. :smh:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
MSU is not an overall better experience than U of M. Cut that out. The only thing MSU has is better looking women (and maybe you friends from HS if you need that). If you're from Michigan, that shouldn't be that big of a deal to you anyway. That's just a weekend trip . As for what @J-Fire said and you dapped up, I don't have the time or want to write an essay right now but anyone who tells someone that what college you go to doesn't matter has no idea what they're talking about. Go look up return on investments on degrees. LOL@it only mattering if you want to work for the man. CPA and CFP are not equal to running a successful business. Stop selling people on the stories of the exception, instead of encouraging them to be the except while preparing them for the most likely scenario that they are not.

Further, if being on this board has taught me anything, it's that learning critical thinking skills on your own is no guarantee. Acquiring knowledge through reading and being a critical thinker are not the same thing. A lot of people can memorize facts and concepts, but working through problems is something different entirely. Just because you went to school doesn't mean you've done shyt because the point is to do something with the degree, so if you fam feels like you haven't done shyt..........my guy you might not have done shyt.

And that nonsense of about U of M not giving average black people a chance is regressive logic of someone relying on the stereotypes of what black people are supposed to be like. I can forgive you that at 16, but in your late 20s, that is inexcusable. It is true that U of M's black kids even tend to come from somewhat affluent backgrounds, but many of them do not. That is what the entire CPS summer program is for. Most of the black kids I knew at U of M were from Detroit. Renaissance and places like that. The people from out of state like me all identified with being "urban" for the most part. :smh:
First off...... chill out.

MSU is a better overall experience,
and you should know that that is merely a matter of opinion. Do you know how many co-workers and groups of friends debate this and will debate this forever? Everyone knows that Mich is definitely more difficult to get accepted to... But you say "weekend trip" for MSU--- I say a GREAT AND AWESOME experience that you will never forget being a Spartan. Being a Wolverine can't even come close to having that feeling in any way expect being able to say you went to an academically exceptional university and are more than likely a lame ass nikka....

So what that I dapped @J-Fire 's post? I agree with both viewpoints... but of course I lean towards the viewpoint that you can obtain any amount of success in life regardless of university or education. Also, lol, I guess you're trying to diss me by saying that I haven't done shyt, but actually I haven't been to work in like 2 years but make more than the average 'Wolverine' who would have graduated my same year. I also joined the military and went to grad school at the same time... traveled the world,, fukked bytches in like 9 nations, etc. my fam feels the way they feel -due to being brainwashed by the same archaic and retarded ideas that you seem to have - Prestige, 'Name', and institution. People like them and you don't place 100% of success on pure happiness. You are working on law degrees trying to work for some wack ass firm (more than likely) ---- While I really just run businesses n shyt and go to kungfu, fukk hoes and chill. and hang w my girl n kids.

Of course because you didn't go to msu or the ohio state (of course u know that i went there as well) but Did attend u of M- I know that you have ZERO reading comprehension. I didn't say that U of M didn't give the average black person a chance. I'm the average black person.. me n my bro and bm all got accepted 'my guy'. I said the average black person more than likely would be at MSU - which is true. The types that I would Prefer to be around more than likely would be at MSU - especially at how young I went to school. And you're right about the affluent backgrounds.... The life perspective of some of the people I knew that chose U of M is basically gross as fukk and misguided. Are you from Detroit?, if you are then you know that there are still those types of people here as well.