Does the media purposely hide Black criminals? Ana Kasparian thinks so

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Either you are purposefully ignoring what she said or just didn't hear it. Rewatch the OP or read the post below because she says verbatim:

The reasons she gave were false as was the conclusion to the reasons.
You keep saying this, give the real reasons, and the true conclusions to them.
And the there is no truth to the claims that the news goes out of their way to show white crime and hide Black crime.
I never said there was, and neither did she, they were saying that's what the right wing idiots have been saying about this specific case. Everybody here knows the news never misses an opportunity to plaster our faces on bad stories.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
You keep saying this, give the real reasons, and the true conclusions to them.

I never said there was, and neither did she, they were saying that's what the right wing idiots have been saying about this specific case. Everybody here knows the news never misses an opportunity to plaster our faces on bad stories.

:gucci: I posted her remarks verbatim. I know exactly what she said.

Ana's argument:

Premise: The media doesn't want to continue stereotyping Black people.

Conclusion: so, the media goes out of their way to hide Black perpetrators.

Rightwing argument:

Premise: the media wants to protect Black people because of white guilt.

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
Many conservative voters believe this and it’s commented everywhere on Reddit and YouTube.

Very interesting how different groups of people can live in their own reality bubble and echo chambers.

We think we all live in the same world but we don’t which is why there’s so much conflict.

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:gucci: I posted her remarks verbatim. I know exactly what she said.

Ana's argument:

Premise: The media doesn't want to continue stereotyping Black people.

Rightwing argument:

Premise: the media wants to protect Black people because of white guilt.

Alright. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :snoop:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I am not "entertaining" it in the sense I believe that to be true as Ana supposedly tries to argue. I am just - in a roundabout way - showcasing the blatant racism of the progressive left, hence saying "she is justifying the rightwing argument that Black people have special privileges".

:hubie:
Just watched her segment. She seems to be juelzing*

Perhaps things are different in other media markets, but in metro NYC there are govt., commercial, and residential cameras recording every square foot outdoors and inside businesses, and Apps alerting people about when/where crimes occur, often with HD phone footage.

News reporting about crimes usually shows this footage as they are reporting the story, so people can be aware of what the suspects look like. And for heinous crimes,story has phone number to contact law enforcement.

Maybe in areas without as much recording of public spaces, they still use physical descriptions as they report stories. If they do, reporters should protect the public by being as descriptive as the police report is.

*I think I get the point you are trying to make. I watch the news for info and interviews of people involved in developing stories. I try to stay away from listening to opinion pieces of talking heads arguing against comments made by other talking heads from the other side.