Does the world really need a new iPhone every year?

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Do a lot of people really pay full price up front for these phones every year? I don't know anybody that literally plops down $800-900 every year up front for a new iphone. With the discounts and leasing options, I would think many people just upgrade and have the same bill.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Apple and other tech firms have been criticized for "planned obsolescence": Deliberately making products with short life spans so consumers quickly find them obsolete and resort to buying the latest model
Does the world really need a new iPhone every year?

2 years is way too long in between devices. not everyone is not on the same cycle. i keep my phones for 3 years. they do need to drop a new phone every year, do you need to buy it every year, absolutely not.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Phones should drop at the same pace as gaming consoles at this point. No way you can justify a $800+ purchase every yr to tweet and text

again, Just because a phone drops every year does not mean you supposed to buy it every year. you think someone is going to pay top dollar for a device that dropped 20 months ago? This logic is nonsensical. if you bought a phone last year, there are still millions of people that bought 3 years ago that need a New phone NOW. CYCLES

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Do a lot of people really pay full price up front for these phones every year? I don't know anybody that literally plops down $800-900 every year up front for a new iphone. With the discounts and leasing options, I would think many people just upgrade and have the same bill.
I bought my S8 and Note8 outright but I'll be trading in the S7 I also bought outright for half off the Note.

Most of the time you can sell your old phone on Swappa for upwards of half off the new device. I got my iPhone 7 on monthly payments because I get a $10 loyalty discount to have these payments and they gave me the 256GB model for the price of the 128GB model to take payments.

IPhones hold their value well. Galaxy phones drop like a rock.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have cricket. 55 x month, unlimited everything fees included.

in 2014 I bought the 6 plus, Cash. this year im buying the X cash. not financing shyt. need my bill low

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
I have cricket. 55 x month, unlimited everything fees included.

in 2014 I bought the 6 plus, Cash. this year im buying the X cash. not financing shyt. need my bill low
Yeah but that's a 3 year difference. I'm talking about the theme of this thread about people literally paying full price for the phone every single year. I don't know anybody who pays $800-1000 every year for their phone.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah but that's a 3 year difference. I'm talking about the theme of this thread about people literally paying full price for the phone every single year. I don't know anybody who pays $800-1000 every year for their phone.
The theme of this thread is should a new iPhone be released every year.

FSP

Banned
Daps
Once a year refreshes in tech is tame.

Tech becomes "outdated" in a few months :heh:
Basically this. shyt, if you're in software might as well say by the time you get to learn something it's already being phased out.

The article is right...there is also much worse things to be spending your money on. At least tech keeps the drive for innovation and creativity fresh for the future.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
:francis:

this ain't 2008 bruh, in 2017, who the fukk is using an iphone as a status symbol? and even worse, who is looking at these ppl as having some kind of "status".

just stop.

iPhones ain't special like that.

They're not, but people really out here talking about what color their message bubble is :dame:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I did it once with my 6+(still use it as a backup phone) but i wont ever pay full price again

If you upgrade yearly its cheaper to just lease the phone and trade it in when the new ine comes out next year

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Need != want.

You don't need nice clothes, nice food or fast cars etc. I find technology fun and want new technology to keep me interested, so to maximize my happiness I buy it. Same as nice clothes and food.

Usually people update every 24 months too cause it coincides with their contract.