Drake Wishes He Recorded Tupac's "Pain"

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I'm on the fence with the Pac/Jay line now,both sides have made good points and this interview is a helluva compliment.....it struck me the wrong way bcuz he only mentioned Pac,but maybe he's aware Pacs death hit people harder than Biggies:ohhh: and that's the reaction his generation will have whe Hov dies....I just never heard a nikka say they were ignorant to Pacs music,not a rapper but he admitted it on wax:manny:

If he just now gettin around to the goats catalogue:childplease:....but its about time,he need to make sure he read the autobriography of Malcolm X too if he havent:ufdup:...its always good when anybody bcomes a Pac stan,but the deeper he get into it he will realize Pac fans don't like it when u touch Pac beats:usure:...certainly not one as iconic as Pain,and probaly not from somebody they consider to be the anti Pac...when Jay did it we know he caught hell,Ja Rule tried it caught hell.....that beat and song is just to iconic,he did the right thing throwin it in the vault this time around....if he wanna flip somethin lesser known but still known and classic I been sayin one of these new cats need to flip

Johny J was a fool with the samples:ohlawd:....shyt sound like sumthin u coulda pulled off a Drake album actually....:salute:Johny J so many incredible beats...and yes Pain is one of the greatest songs of any genre:blessed:

dont let the fukkery get you too,you smarter than that. He's using pac. When he direspected pac,thats how he really felt. He wants more than success,he's just trying to use pac for more street cred. He a ho ass nikka. Can you think of one real nikka or real pac fan that would go there? this nikka frontin. dont drink the koolaid

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I'm riding for pac and YOU riding for drake. Pretty easy to tell who's really a faq.
:stopitslime:
My nikka Drake never been caught dead rockin tutus outchea breh :mjpls:

I ride for Jay doe

Hov da gawd been and has always been bout that life that pac wish he could live b4 the fame

:umad:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
dont let the fukkery get you too,you smarter than that. He's using pac. When he direspected pac,thats how he really felt. He wants more than success,he's just trying to use pac for more street cred. He a ho ass nikka. Can you think of one real nikka or real pac fan that would go there? this nikka frontin. dont drink the koolaid

never met a nikka who don't know Pacs music...but this dude is a canadian nikka who's first intro into rap apparently was The Clipse:what:....but unless he's still ignorant to history he realizes redoing a Pac song is not the way to get you street cred or anything other than backlash...but I'm guessin he might still ignorant to history.

Sounds like a dude who just really wasn't part of the atmosphere....from his explanation he was too young to come up on Pac and he considers Jay to be the 2pac of his generation:manny:...the reason that sounds so offensive is becuz people who know better consider Pac and Jay to be peers whether that's fair or not...so to hear a dude say what he said rubbed me the wrong way assuming he was aware of both they music...but apparently was only aware of pacs impact...people who know better wouldn't say that shyt period....dudes a square and late comer to hiphop and I'm guessin the hood,who just seems akward square and don't act like,or say things most nikkas I know would.

He's the late comer to hiphop who goes online to find out the most popular rappers he missed out on,and I feel like he's going back and listenin...that's where forced songs like Wutang Forever come from,him payin homage to Mac Dre....he's that white kid that just got into hiphop that's tryna gain his hiphop credibility by doin his homework and possibly overdoin it:manny:...those kinda fans don't mean no harm they just wanna be down...but need to play they position..its just crazy that we got a fan like that who managed to climb to the top of hiphop like he did:mindblown:

I don't think its fake,I believe he likes Pain,who doesnt:pachaha:...but those types seem to be so quick to change they mind,change they taste and forget all about a nikka:wtb:...he need to just keep bein a fan for now and catch up and keep listenin to cats he missed out on,and if the dust settles and he still is a Pac fan like that and wants to do it:manny:...who r we to stop Pac from bein influential when we tellin everybody how influential pac is?...ill just be there to shyt on the song if its wack like that wutang forever song.:pachaha:...it'll be a stain on his legacy like Me And My Girlfriend on Jays:heh:.

I liked when Fab flipped the Pain beat and when Stack Bundles freestyled over it,even the Ja one was suprisingly ok to me...Jay one of my goats and he had the only suprisingly embarrasing one:snoop:....now the Pac tribute shyt,that would ruffle my feathers at this point so hopefully he throw that in the bushes:ufdup:...he ain't been a fan of this shyt long enuff to bein no tributes

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
jarule already did great service to the song.

no reason for anybody else to touch it now unless theyre tailor-made for the track......and drake certainly isn't.

drugxglory

Street Struck
Daps
Reppin
CALiFORNiA
Last yr i dont think there was a day that went by were i didnt play Pain :to:

but NAw i cant picture Drake high ass voice over that track. Leave the shyt.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
never met a nikka who don't know Pacs music...but this dude is a canadian nikka who's first intro into rap apparently was The Clipse:what:....but unless he's still ignorant to history he realizes redoing a Pac song is not the way to get you street cred or anything other than backlash...but I'm guessin he might still ignorant to history.

Sounds like a dude who just really wasn't part of the atmosphere....from his explanation he was too young to come up on Pac and he considers Jay to be the 2pac of his generation:manny:...the reason that sounds so offensive is becuz people who know better consider Pac and Jay to be peers whether that's fair or not...so to hear a dude say what he said rubbed me the wrong way assuming he was aware of both they music...but apparently was only aware of pacs impact...people who know better wouldn't say that shyt period....dudes a square and late comer to hiphop and I'm guessin the hood,who just seems akward square and don't act like,or say things most nikkas I know would.

He's the late comer to hiphop who goes online to find out the most popular rappers he missed out on,and I feel like he's going back and listenin...that's where forced songs like Wutang Forever come from,him payin homage to Mac Dre....he's that white kid that just got into hiphop that's tryna gain his hiphop credibility by doin his homework and possibly overdoin it:manny:...those kinda fans don't mean no harm they just wanna be down...but need to play they position..its just crazy that we got a fan like that who managed to climb to the top of hiphop like he did:mindblown:

I don't think its fake,I believe he likes Pain,who doesnt:pachaha:...but those types seem to be so quick to change they mind,change they taste and forget all about a nikka:wtb:...he need to just keep bein a fan for now and catch up and keep listenin to cats he missed out on,and if the dust settles and he still is a Pac fan like that and wants to do it:manny:...who r we to stop Pac from bein influential when we tellin everybody how influential pac is?...ill just be there to shyt on the song if its wack like that wutang forever song.:pachaha:...it'll be a stain on his legacy like Me And My Girlfriend on Jays:heh:.

I liked when Fab flipped the Pain beat and when Stack Bundles freestyled over it,even the Ja one was suprisingly ok to me...Jay one of my goats and he had the only suprisingly embarrasing one:snoop:....now the Pac tribute shyt,that would ruffle my feathers at this point so hopefully he throw that in the bushes:ufdup:...he ain't been a fan of this shyt long enuff to bein no tributes
erse Two] "I never cried when 'Pac died But I probably will when Hov does And if my tears hold value Then I would drop one for every single thing he showed us" look at this shyt. He's downplaying pac to big up jigga. As if jigga gave the fans more special shyt than pac. Total disrespect. Also threw in his lil disclaimer "dont take this the wrong way" cause he knew he was crossing a line. shyt was propaganda. What other way could the listener,logically take it? I mean the shyt makes no sense. I could see if hov was on the verge of death or just died and he was sayjng NOW I UNDERSTAND. Look at how emotional he is about kendrick. This nikka know if someone said I WOULDNT CRY IF DRAKE DIES THOUGH I DID WHEN PAC DIED ETC..... It would be a problem. If some OG RAPPER said that,he's not gonna be like WELL THAT RAPPER IS TOO OLD TOFEEL ME SO I GET WHAT HE'ZS SAYING. He's gonna feel slighted. I'm not gonna baby these rappers. The nikkas we came up on were so mjch more thorough that sometimes we forget these current mc's are grown ass men. He KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING

desp

SO MUCH FUN
Daps
erse Two] "I never cried when 'Pac died But I probably will when Hov does And if my tears hold value Then I would drop one for every single thing he showed us" look at this shyt. He's downplaying pac to big up jigga. As if jigga gave the fans more special shyt than pac. Total disrespect. Also threw in his lil disclaimer "dont take this the wrong way" cause he knew he was crossing a line. shyt was propaganda. What other way could the listener,logically take it? I mean the shyt makes no sense. I could see if hov was on the verge of death or just died and he was sayjng NOW I UNDERSTAND. Look at how emotional he is about kendrick. This nikka know if someone said I WOULDNT CRY IF DRAKE DIES THOUGH I DID WHEN PAC DIED ETC..... It would be a problem. If some OG RAPPER said that,he's not gonna be like WELL THAT RAPPER IS TOO OLD TOFEEL ME SO I GET WHAT HE'ZS SAYING. He's gonna feel slighted. I'm not gonna baby these rappers. The nikkas we came up on were so mjch more thorough that sometimes we forget these current mc's are grown ass men. He KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING
.... you serious, huh breh?

Hate to break it to you, but the line was just showing the generation Drake came from. He didn't grow up listening to Pac, he is from a generation where Jay & Nas are the BIG & Pac of the game. He feels an emotional connection to Hov as he watched his rise, and he even considers Jay one of his best friends.

But yeah, go on with your imaginary disrespect angle :russ:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Drake better keep his corn muffin batter ass away from my all time favorite Tupac song. nikka don't even touch the beat. That song is a classic and shouldn't be redone by anyone. fukk out of here.
Man, everyone has rapped over that beat

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
.... you serious, huh breh?

Hate to break it to you, but the line was just showing the generation Drake came from. He didn't grow up listening to Pac, he is from a generation where Jay & Nas are the BIG & Pac of the game. He feels an emotional connection to Hov as he watched his rise, and he even considers Jay one of his best friends.

But yeah, go on with your imaginary disrespect angle :russ:
If he got into hiphop through the clipse,then jay-z was already a don in this game. The fact that he NEEEDED TO TELL THE WORLD HOW MUCH HE DIDNT CARE ABOUT PAC'S DEATH = disrespect that wasnt called for. He coulda bigged up jay-z without going there. he shytted on pac,it's pretty clear. My stance is not based upon him NOT CRYING it's based upon him using pac's death,minimizing the importance and bigging up jay.