Dune director Denis villenueve says marvel movies are cut and paste of others

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
these marvel stans are something else . This and the "Scorsese says marvel movies arent art".:wow:Gold...pure gold. Idk why they take this shyt so personal.
To actually believe that the goat director and the best director working today are jelous of antman and the wasp:wow:
Yeah, they are jealous of the exclusive theaters release they get while Denis and Marty are being regulated to doing theaters that need an accompanying streaming release. Shyt Marty had to put his movie on Broadway to get a theatrical experience for some viewers.
So yeah, while I'm sure they think they make better movies they wish they had the same type of releases for their stuff.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, they are jealous of the exclusive theaters release they get while Denis and Marty are being regulated to doing theaters that need an accompanying streaming release. Shyt Marty had to put his movie on Broadway to get a theatrical experience for some viewers.
So yeah, while I'm sure they think they make better movies they wish they had the same type of releases for their stuff.
:laff:

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
these marvel stans are something else . This and the "Scorsese says marvel movies arent art".:wow:Gold...pure gold. Idk why they take this shyt so personal.
To actually believe that the goat director and the best director working today are jelous of antman and the wasp:wow:
There's nothing funny about it
Corporations won and we'll never be free
If they can brainwash you into liking basic entertainment we'll never get anywhere in this country on important issues

Ppl are Disney's bottom bytch

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
have no ideea what a director does... He is the best director working today.
I know exactly what a directors does. The problem is you people cant watch a movie, enjoy it but not be able to tell if its the writing, the performance or the direction that attributed to you liking it. So lets break it down then. We'll use Prisoners, Sicario, Bladerunner and Arrival. Those are the biggest films he's helmed. Say specifically what it is about his direction in each of those films individually.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know exactly what a directors does. The problem is you people cant watch a movie, enjoy it but not be able to tell if its the writing, the performance or the direction that attributed to you liking it. So lets break it down then. We'll use Prisoners, Sicario, Bladerunner and Arrival. Those are the biggest films he's helmed. Say specifically what it is about his direction in each of those films individually.

9 times out of 10, these two are connected

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
who do you think put those movies togheter? Who brought the best out of that script? Who made those actors give great performances?

I cant believe i have to respond to stupid shyt like this:picard:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
9 times out of 10, these two are connected
You can liken it to a great reception. Was it a great throw or a great catch. When you are a great receiver, you only need to put the ball in his area and he'll go up and get it. Doesnt need to be a great throw. And people who dont know the game good enough cant tell the difference and will just say that QB made a hell of a throw. Likewise, when you have great Academy level actors, it doesnt take much for them to give a great performance when the dialogue is there. You just create a space for them to do what they do and not get in the way. They are connected like you say, but not in the way most people think. I saw someone mention Scorsese. Scorsese doesnt need to "pull a performance" out of Leo. The relationship they have is Scorsese is an amazing director and creates the space for Leo to bring his character to life in the way he intended because unlike Denis, Scorsese is an acclaimed screenwriter too. His movies showcase that and actors on his sets benefit from that as well. A lesser actor will need a director or the writing to give a good performance. And it takes a great director to pull that out of him. But when you have seasoned generational talent starring your film, I need to see something from the director before I give them the credit for the project.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
You can liken it to a great reception. Was it a great throw or a great catch. When you are a great receiver, you only need to put the ball in his area and he'll go up and get it. Doesnt need to be a great throw. And people who dont know the game good enough cant tell the difference and will just say that QB made a hell of a throw. Likewise, when you have great Academy level actors, it doesnt take much for them to give a great performance when the dialogue is there. You just create a space for them to do what they do and not get in the way. They are connected like you say, but not in the way most people think. I saw someone mention Scorsese. Scorsese doesnt need to "pull a performance" out of Leo. The relationship they have is Scorsese is an amazing director and creates the space for Leo to bring his character to life in the way he intended because unlike Denis, Scorsese is an acclaimed screenwriter too. His movies showcase that and actors on his sets benefit from that as well. A lesser actor will need a director or the writing to give a good performance. And it takes a great director to pull that out of him. But when you have seasoned generational talent starring your film, I need to see something from the director before I give them the credit for the project.
Those sport analogies are mindblowing:mjlol:you say we people can enoy a movie but cant tell why we like it :hhh:
At least we dont enjoy a movie just because it has a huge red sign saying Marvel before the movie starts

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
who do you think put those movies togheter? Who brought the best out of that script? Who made those actors give great performances?

I cant believe i have to respond to stupid shyt like this:picard:
None of the movies I named had "great scripts". Denis didnt write those screenplays anyway. You cant give him those accolades over the writers if you thought they were great. Youd need to see what, if any was changed. and if he did, he'd have a writing credit on those scripts and he didnt. :gucci:
See my post above. You dont "make" an Oscar winning actor give a performance in your movie. These werent mediocre actors in those movies.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
None of the movies I named had "great scripts". Denis didnt write those screenplays anyway. You cant give him those accolades over the writers if you thought they were great. Youd need to see what, if any was changed. and if he did, he'd have a writing credit on those scripts and he didnt. :gucci:
See my post above. You dont "make" an Oscar winning actor give a performance in your movie. These werent mediocre actors in those movies.

Im done....i tried...:gucci:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Those sport analogies are mindblowing:mjlol:you say we people can enoy a movie but cant tell why we like it :hhh:
At least we dont enjoy a movie just because it has a huge red sign saying Marvel before the movie starts
Fam I dont know where you are getting im a Marvel stan from. I dont care about comic book movies like that. He couldve outright shyt on them and I wouldnt bat an eye. Im not defending Marvelset or whatever they call themselves. I use sports because its the easiest way to analogize it, assuming most men watch sports.

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
But you said of you, "chris nolan are mom and pop establishments creating better products but the casual movie goer is gonna be attracted to the fast food shyt more. "
The casual movie goer was very attracted to the Dark Knight more than any other comics movie up until that date. NOW you are saying that entire diatribe about fast food vs Mom and Pop shyt doesn't apply to a Nolan movie. Why did you type all that to invalidated it later in a few posts? Now it is a about complex villains, tragedy of side characters blah blah blah. You were talking about what the casual movie goer likes previously. Why the change? :jbhmm:

i didnt change anything bozo you’re trying to invalidate what i said because you have nothing else to say. see how in that quote you are clinging on to i said “attracted to the fast food shyt more” and not “absolutely” like its the only thing they are attracted to? Dark Knight was unavoidable and it was great you can not say the same thing about marvel movies because they are cookie cutter and thriving off branding and marketing.

and you’re proving my point look at the list of highest grossing movies ever they are all action bullshyt and kids movies. Avatar (because of its groundbreaking effects) Titanic & Dark Knight are the only movies on the list that are groundbreaking. dark knight wasnt just action bullshyt there was depth and great story telling in that movie.

for your argument to invalidate what i said chris nolan’s entire filmography would have to be in the top 50. prisoners by denis would be there too.

now please get off my dikk im not going to keep saying the same thing to you.