Dune director Denis villenueve says marvel movies are cut and paste of others

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
i didnt change anything bozo you’re trying to invalidate what i said because you have nothing else to say. see how in that quote you are clinging on to i said “attracted to the fast food shyt more” and not “absolutely” like its the only thing they are attracted to? Dark Knight was unavoidable and it was great you can not say the same thing about marvel movies because they are cookie cutter and thriving off branding and marketing.

and you’re proving my point look at the list of highest grossing movies ever they are all action bullshyt and kids movies. Avatar (because of its groundbreaking effects) Titanic & Dark Knight are the only movies on the list that are groundbreaking. dark knight wasnt just action bullshyt there was depth and great story telling in that movie.

for your argument to invalidate what i said chris nolan’s entire filmography would have to be in the top 50. prisoners by denis would be there too.

now please get off my dikk im not going to keep saying the same thing to you.
You aren't saying the same thing. You are changing your argument every post. Why are those three movies the only Ones in the top 50 exempt or 'grounbreaking' other than your personal opinions? There's no basis for your argument you are just cherry picking what you consider to be worthy.

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
You aren't saying the same thing. You are changing your argument every post. Why are those three movies the only Ones in the top 50 exempt or 'grounbreaking' other than your personal opinions? There's no basis for your argument you are just cherry picking what you consider to be worthy.
im literally saying the same thing every post. im not adding to this thread page count anymore. i’ve told you why those movies were great and separate themselves from the others that grossed a billion and why they arent cut and paste or fast food. (the effects from avatar were groundbreaking. the story and characters and depth to those characters in dark knight. titanic encapsulated that time period wonderfully great love story that ended in tragedy and the final set piece was incredible.) i’ve told you why those movies arent fast food like marvel several times. this my last post in this thread. be well.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
fukk his virtue signaling ass. I'm not going to sit and say that these MCU movies don't have a formula. But damn near every movie in Hollywood had a fukking formula!!!!!! How many war movies has Hollywood made? How about westerns? Musicals? How many Tarzan movies were cranked out? 28 from 1932 to 1968.

Remember this comic strip:
Blondie_Logo_2007.png

Colombia Pictures made 28 of them shyts:gucci:
  1. Blondie (1938)
  2. Blondie Meets the Boss (1939)
  3. Blondie Takes a Vacation (1939)
  4. Blondie Brings Up Baby (1939)
  5. Blondie on a Budget (1940)
  6. Blondie Has Servant Trouble (1940)
  7. Blondie Plays Cupid (1940)
  8. Blondie Goes Latin (1941)
  9. Blondie in Society (1941)
  10. Blondie Goes to College (1942)
  11. Blondie's Blessed Event (1942)
  12. Blondie for Victory (1942)
  13. It's a Great Life (1943)
  14. Footlight Glamour (1943)
  15. Leave It to Blondie (1945)
  16. Life with Blondie (1945)
  17. Blondie's Lucky Day (1946)
  18. Blondie Knows Best (1946)
  19. Blondie's Big Moment (1947)
  20. Blondie's Holiday (1947)
  21. Blondie in the Dough (1947)
  22. Blondie's Anniversary (1947)
  23. Blondie's Reward (1948)
  24. Blondie's Secret (1948)
  25. Blondie's Big Deal (1949)
  26. Blondie Hits the Jackpot (1949)
  27. Blondie's Hero (1950)
  28. Beware of Blondie (1950)

Anytime that anyone talks about something being cut and paste, understand they are full of total bullshyt. And these directors and actors always seem to do this when they are in the promotios phases of their projects, when this stuff will hit the news and social media. Plus, Denis Villenueve especially needs to shut the fukk up and have some respect, because I doubt that his box office bomb, that was Blade Runner 2049, is why he got to make Dune. It's because of the success of these comic book movies, and the studios knows the audience is out there. The audience for Dune intersects with the the CBM audience. Hell they're the same audience.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
im literally saying the same thing every post. im not adding to this thread page count anymore. i’ve told you why those movies were great and separate themselves from the others that grossed a billion and why they arent cut and paste or fast food. (the effects from avatar were groundbreaking. the story and characters and depth to those characters in dark knight. titanic encapsulated that time period wonderfully great love story that ended in tragedy and the final set piece was incredible.) i’ve told you why those movies arent fast food like marvel several times. this my last post in this thread. be well.
Your reasons are just your personal opinions and aren't anything based in fact. Sorry you aren't the authority on character development and what are and aren't groundbreaking effects. Nice try tho.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know it's Sunday but newspapers ain't popping like that no more and this nikka really said Blondie :mjlol:
Dudes are really comparing franchises from the 30/40s when there wasn't even a TV in homes yet to a franchise from the modern era :deadrose:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Dude wilding, if he specifically said Captain Marvel was trash then no one would have said anything.

Infinity War, Black Panther, Winter Solider, Civil War, Ragnarok, Far From Home were exceptional in the Theater.

At the end of infinity war when the credits said “Thanos will return in….” the crowd gasp. That opening day was wild.

End rambling

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude wilding, if he specifically said Captain Marvel was trash then no one would have said anything.

Infinity War, Black Panther, Winter Solider, Civil War, Ragnarok, Far From Home were exceptional in the Theater.

At the end of infinity war when the credits said “Thanos will return in….” the crowd gasp. That opening day was wild.

End rambling
He didn't say they were trash though

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It's the same formulaic bullshyt, the same color grading, the same CBS television quality direction, and the same corny shyt over and over. Nerds won because we're at a point where film criticism is dead - all that matters is if the movie has enough jump scares (horror) or over the top CGI action scenes (action, adventure, etc). So the review boils down to "go watch this in a theater and have a good time" instead of whether it's actually a film or just a...theme park ride.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's the same formulaic bullshyt, the same color grading, the same CBS television quality direction, and the same corny shyt over and over. Nerds won because we're at a point where film criticism is dead - all that matters is if the movie has enough jump scares (horror) or over the top CGI action scenes (action, adventure, etc). So the review boils down to "go watch this in a theater and have a good time" instead of whether it's actually a film or just a...theme park ride.