Exactly What Happened Between Bruce Wayne And Barbara That Estranged dikk Grayson On Batman Beyond

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
HezId4P.jpg

:dead: and then he went and snitched
That prep :wow:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
:heh: I didn't pick up on this during the episodes because I was so young at the time but I need to go back and watch everything then read this comic series.

I love comic book fukkery :wow:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I'm glad that they finally showed what happened, because I had been imagining scenarios since I saw "Touch of Curare", the episode in which Barbara admits to Terry that her and Bruce had a relationship. On the special features of B:TAS Volume 3, Bruce Timm said something to the effect of "We knew we were going into untouched territory when we hinted that Bruce and Barbara had a relationship, and a lot of the fans complained that it was wrong, but that was the point, it was supposed to wrong." I've always been glad that they did that as it added new elements to the Bat family. I always figured the the final rift between Batman and Nightwing somehow involved Barbara. :wow: It had been hinted at in "Batgirl Returns" that she had a thing for Batman during that opening dream sequence. Then, when we jumped into the revamped episodes there were times when Barbara tried to get back on Nightwing's good graces ("Chemistry") but was ultimately denied, so dikk has nobody to blame but himself for that one.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Did Babs even tell him that she was Batgirl and Bruce Wayne was the original Batman?

It's heavily implied Gordon eventually found out with this one quote from Return of the Joker:

"We buried the Joker deep beneath Arkham, The only other person who knew what happened that night was my father, the first Commissioner Gordon. He promised to keep our secret." - Barbara Gordon

He had to have known after that. I don't think there was anyway around it. It was heavily implied in the episode "Over the Edge' that he knew Barbara was Batgirl anyway...

"Sweetheart, you're capable of making your own decisions. You don't need me to approve or even acknowledge them. And in this case, I can't. All you need to know is I love you. All of you. (kisses her) And that is all I have to say on the subject." - Jim Gordon

That whole incident at the run down Arkham with The Joker really fukked Bruce up. He sent Tim off to get help from Leslie Thompkins and forbid him from becoming Robin ever again, had a fall out with the Justice League, Bruce's wound from the knife in the knee fukked his leg up eventually, who knows how Alfred's health was doing during this time, and this incident haunted Bruce forever (as seen in "Epilogue" which is set a few decades after Batman Beyond). :wow: When it rains, it pours. Even in death, The Joker won, brehs.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's heavily implied Gordon eventually found out with this one quote from Return of the Joker:

"We buried the Joker deep beneath Arkham, The only other person who knew what happened that night was my father, the first Commissioner Gordon. He promised to keep our secret." - Barbara Gordon

He had to have known after that. I don't think there was anyway around it. It was heavily implied in the episode "Over the Edge' that he knew Barbara was Batgirl anyway...

"Sweetheart, you're capable of making your own decisions. You don't need me to approve or even acknowledge them. And in this case, I can't. All you need to know is I love you. All of you. (kisses her) And that is all I have to say on the subject." - Jim Gordon

That whole incident at the run down Arkham with The Joker really fukked Bruce up. He sent Tim off to get help from Leslie Thompkins and forbid him from becoming Robin ever again, had a fall out with the Justice League, Bruce's wound from the knife in the knee fukked his leg up eventually, who knows how Alfred's health was doing during this time, and this incident haunted Bruce forever (as seen in "Epilogue" which is set a few decades after Batman Beyond). :wow: When it rains, it pours. Even in death, The Joker won, brehs.

Paul Dini said he wrote that or it was written (if it wasn't him) with the mindset that Gordon knew but didn't want to say anything to her about it. Like he'd rather not know but he knows

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
He did, too. Such a DOPE dynamic that played out in the semi-background. That ep where dikk was explaining to Tim how they broke down - and he laid OUT the GAWD in one right hook :wow:

It's real on them Gotham rooftops, brehs :to:
Manipulation got me :dead: ...Robin had that Ether.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Paul Dini said he wrote that or it was written (if it wasn't him) with the mindset that Gordon knew but didn't want to say anything to her about it. Like he'd rather not know but he knows

Yeah, he knows who all of them are but he can't acknowledge it because it'd put him in an uncomfortable legal position.

Basically if he admitted to knowing who Batman was, he'd be legally obligated to arrest him. So he doesn't acknowledge that he knows.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gotta have it his way huh? With all that bat-money how much puss could he get out there? Nahh have to get his friend's girl.