Expat in the Middle East (AMA)

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Had to get an ExpressVPN because bovada and other sports betting sites are banned here. See, that would deter some from betting

But not us:francis:

Betting is an addiction :francis:
Only because I'm planning on sinking my money into some other things, I've been able to leave gambling alone for the time being. It definitely be calling though :francis:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good info OP. I tried to get on at Saudi Aramco over 10 years ago. Would have been stationed at the facility in saudi Arabia.

You are in IT? Is your company oil and gas?

Also for the folks not in oil and gas. Many of the DoD companies have expat assignments in the middle east as well.

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Did you sign up with a recruiter and they looked for the jobs or you were activy searching?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Good info OP. I tried to get on at Saudi Aramco over 10 years ago. Would have been stationed at the facility in saudi Arabia.

You are in IT? Is your company oil and gas?

Also for the folks not in oil and gas. Many of the DoD companies have expat assignments in the middle east as well.

Yup, oil and gas but not IT. Technical training unit (for field technicians, engineers, etc).

im assuming you got satellite TV or you have to do internet TV
Right now I just reddit stream like I did in the US lol (I cut cable years ago) but I'm thinking of buying a smart TV and buying one of the internet tv services some expat coworkers told me about
Did you sign up with a recruiter and they looked for the jobs or you were activy searching?
I actively looked.
But maybe 5-6 years ago a recruiter hit me up about a gig there (contract) via LinkedIn. Didn't work out but the 3rd party agency was lookin to put people on.

LinkedIn is invaluable, to keep it a buck. Get on that ish if you haven't already and update that ish

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Damn this shyt aint easy :damn:

Everytime I get a response its from nikkas with a gmail account talkin bout gimmie $89 :mjcry:

Damn. Honestly, LinkedIn is probably your best bet. Now iirc it was Nov/Dec'ish when a shytload of job postings showed up on LinkedIn. I applied to all applicable to me. The other sites can help too, but I feel I got the call from one of my linkedin submissions.

Either that or go direct to Qatar Petroleum, Saudi Aramco, snd/or any other big company's website and try to apply there. It took me a while before I got the call up

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
@Primetime Can I get some more info on Bahrain?

What you want to know?

Sexiest East Afrikan women are there, mid 20s to mid 30s, but 50% of em are prostitutes and another 25% see you as a meal ticket to a better life+green card.

A lot of Asian girls... but 75% from Thailand and 100% of them Thailand girls prostitutes I swear lol. They thick as hell tho... not like these flat booty chinese girls in the states. Thailand girls lookin like Chung Li n shyt.

All the white girls European. British chicks are expats with actual jobs. There's high end east Europe hookers too, but I've only seen them at after hour spots.

A lot of hotels, and most have "brunches" which are like day parties in the dining area with live music, buffet foot, and alcohol. Brunches are very popular in Bahrain and Dubai. I'm going to Dubai next weekend, but going to meet up with a chick, so may not get too much nightlife.

Ima go again with some brehs I met tho, so I can venture more

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
@Primetime

Yo finally getting around to this

1. What country/city are you located?

2. you meet @6ixSigma out there yet

3. What the eastern european hussies looking like?

4. How are the arab women

5. How is the native population and have you experienced them yet

6. Best and worst middle eastern country you have been to (for partying or livability)

7. How do you find these jobs?

8. Ever been to or heard anything about Oman?