Fashion blogger apologizes for calling young girl the ‘cutest little monkey’ in Ghana.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Fashion Blogger Apologizes For Calling Young Girl In Ghana ‘Cutest Little Monkey’

The 21-year-old said her mistake "was made from ignorance."

Woman ‘Sincerely Apologizes’ for Ignorance After Calling Young Ghanaian Girl Her ‘Cutest Little Monkey’
Shamone NelsonJanuary 27, 2018
Screen-Shot-2018-01-27-at-11.47.24-AM.png

Popular Instagram traveler posted an image of her holding a Ghanaian child. In the caption she wrote “Good morning! Here’s me and the cutest little monkey I met in Ghana, Hannah.” The caption sparked outrage with many pointing out the racist history behind the use of the term “monkey” as it relates to Black people. In turn, the Instagram post was changed with an updated caption and apology. She has since closed off commenting on the photo.

@Taylor.marie.s writes ” I want to sincerely apologize with a broken heart – for the offense that a recent post on this subject has caused. It was never my intention for my post to be negative – and those who know me, know that I don’t see any person that way. I was only referring to how the children loved to climb on me like little kids will do. I love her and all children, and was unaware of the history of this negative connotation until now, and I am deeply sorry for the misuse. I would never have knowingly used any term or phrase in a derogatory way. My mistake was made from ignorance, not from negativity or bias. To anyone I may have offended, I can only hope that you can be forgiving.”

ctexupcyijuoq1rhrkp0

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
There really needs to be an African leader that isn't on the bullshyt.

African people as a whole need to put a stop to White tourism no matter how much money they put up. These people act like they are in jungles dealing with exotic animals. These same Whites then come back to America or Europe supporting and justifying laws that caused some of these African nations to be destitute.

Not to mention Africom which is just colonialism at its finest. Setting up U.S. military bases in different African countries to fight off "terrorism"? Also, the Germans are in on it as well... :mjpls:

United States Africa Command - Wikipedia

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I believe her. She is ignorant because PC a$$ nikkas don't check CACs about shyt..

You got millennials who think dreamers built this country.

You got gay people running around comparing their struggle to the civil rights movement .

No other nation of people let other nations dictate their history but us.

Black people are our own worse enemy.

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
In the manner she broke it down....I'm gonna play devil's advocate and say maybe she didn't understand the context in which she said it because some lilly white cacs are just that oblivious....:hubie:

A lot of these cacs are so removed from reality...they don't know wtf is goin on. With that said...ignorance isn't an excuse.:ufdup: As a grown ass adult...you should know what some people might find offensive. Cacs are so hell-bent on makin sure you know their history or what is offensive to them (Holocaust)....the same sentiments should be applied to us.