For my MCs: Can we at least agree that from a technical standpoint Young Thug is incredibly gifted?

Is Young Thug gifted technically speaking?

• Total voters

Prince Mongo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ashlar Hall, Memphis
No.

He can't spit multis. He can't ever hop on a classic preemo beat, he can't freestyle, he would never be able to battle the way a real emcee is supposed to be able to at the drop of a hat, he can't perform, he can't enunciate.

No.
Nobody's rapping over boom bap in 2017, give it up. And to say Young Thug doesn't have multi's is ridiculous, look up his lyrics on Rap Genius. And what do you mean by "he can't enunciate"? I can understand everything he says

CoCKy GeNiuS

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No.

He can't spit multis. He can't ever hop on a classic preemo beat, he can't freestyle, he would never be able to battle the way a real emcee is supposed to be able to at the drop of a hat, he can't perform, he can't enunciate.

No.
Oh he doesn't fit your New Yawk standards of what a solid rapper is. OK COOL.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
He can rap. Crazy cadences.
I don't hear it at all breh. :yeshrug:
I know you're an actual rapper and all though so I'll have to defer to your technical understanding...:ehh:
But I really trust my untrained ear to tell me when a rapper is killing shyt and the :hhh::picard:reaction that I make :lolbron:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
If you've legit only heard some of these "mumble" brehs on the radio or on hit singles than you have no depth to really engage in the conversation either...
Fair point. But are they rapping with completely different styles on album cuts?

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Nobody's rapping over boom bap in 2017, give it up.
nBy4k26_large.gif

Daps
Nobody's rapping over boom bap in 2017, give it up. And to say Young Thug doesn't have multi's is ridiculous, look up his lyrics on Rap Genius. And what do you mean by "he can't enunciate"? I can understand everything he says
most people don't we shouldn't have to try to understand what is being said it should just be easy to understand

Prince Mongo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ashlar Hall, Memphis
Fair point. But are they rapping with completely different styles on album cuts?
No.

No.

Listen to this and tell me he ain't rapping his ass off

Daps
It's easy to understand if you're from the south. I can't understand east coast nikkas sometimes because they got some ugly ass voices
There is a difference between slang, accents and just mumbling I understand 95% of southern rappers just not the new 5% of mumblers.

Desiigner sounds like this too I'm able to understand Panda because autotune was not abused timmy turner makes no sense however.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
No.

No.
Spitting on a Preemo beat is supposed to be some measure on how great rapper is? I bet Cube wouldn't sound that good on a Preemo but he's top 10 DOA