For my MCs: Can we at least agree that from a technical standpoint Young Thug is incredibly gifted?

Is Young Thug gifted technically speaking?

• Total voters

HDKG_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Freebandz , OHIO
Also fill me in on how Ross doesn't appreciate how birdman did Wayne lmfao but he has no problem fukking with young thug...
i dont think Birdman and Thug still got the business relationship like they used to. I could be wrong tho

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Spitting on a Preemo beat is supposed to be some measure on how great rapper is? I bet Cube wouldn't sound that good on a Preemo but he's top 10 DOA
Shiiiiiiiiit Cube and Primo is a dream matchup :wtf:

Snoop had a couple Primo tracks and sounded great. The thing about Primo and his production style is he makes everybody sound good. If you sound bad over Primo you need to hangup the mic

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
It's easy to understand if you're from the south. I can't understand east coast nikkas sometimes because they got some ugly ass voices
It aint regional. Thuggin words are enunciated, more than chance the rapper. He's just spittin that shyt machjne gun speed.

I'm not biggest trap fan, but it's something thugga. Future. Quavo and quan got that them other nikkas dont. Its talent within that fukkery.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
This is where being a 16 year old from the United Arab Emirates will get you in trouble. :mjgrin:
Cube was rapping over Dre in 88-89 before Dre started doing G Funk. Dre's early shyt isn't all that different from boom Bap of the late 80s. Then Cube rapped over the bomb squad :wow:
Then he bodied a beat like Bird in the Hand :wow:
I'm 17 and still the most memorable songs from Cube are not him doing his best NY impression and obviously Dre wasn't doing G Funk with NWA but that shyt don't sound like a Preemo beat to me

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Young Thug is actually and extremely talented lyricist. His subject matter and consistency is what needs work. When Thugga is at his best, he's easily one of the best doing it right now. He already has a few classic signals under his belt as such and early stage of his career.

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
Shiiiiiiiiit Cube and Primo is a dream matchup :wtf:

Snoop had a couple Primo tracks and sounded great. The thing about Primo and his production style is he makes everybody sound good. If you sound bad over Primo you need to hangup the mic
shyt even Devin The Dude made a classic track with a beat from Premier and all he rap about is weed and bytches :russ:

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
i dont think Birdman and Thug still got the business relationship like they used to. I could be wrong tho
That don't matter lmfao wtf if a nikka kill ya homie because his boss told em to then he stops fukking with said boss, you gonna be cool with em? nikka was out here calling his shyt barter 6 lmfao wtf maybe I'm a different type of dude man idk.

HDKG_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Freebandz , OHIO
That don't matter lmfao wtf if a nikka kill ya homie because his boss told em to then he stops fukking with said boss, you gonna be cool with em? nikka was out here calling his shyt barter 6 lmfao wtf maybe I'm a different type of dude man idk.
oh :mjlol: forgot all about that stuff. I was just talking about making music together

Daps
No he doesn't. Even DJ Premiere couldn't save Group Home from being ass. They fukked up classic beats on their album
Just like how Young Thug and Rich Homie Quan make ass music:yeshrug:

and the melodies nikkas here rave about are pretty wack too cause these nikkas can't actually sing.

Last edited:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
No, no matter with how much panache or speed you do it with, mumble rap is mumble rap. Is he the best of them, yes, easily and does he possess the talent to be a top tier MC, I believe he does, but A. His consistency isn't there. B. You can only rap about the same shyt for so long before I begin to tune out.