For my MCs: Can we at least agree that from a technical standpoint Young Thug is incredibly gifted?

Is Young Thug gifted technically speaking?

• Total voters

Roxx the King

www.RoxxAlott.com
Daps
Reppin
Norfolk, VA
Young Thug is actually and extremely talented lyricist. His subject matter and consistency is what needs work. When Thugga is at his best, he's easily one of the best doing it right now. He already has a few classic signals under his belt as such and early stage of his career.
THIS THIS THIS.

I am not cosigning his content or his marketing gimmick. I'm just simply saying NO ONE has more flows or cadences than this man. If he was spitting about growing up in the struggle or some other BS yall would call him generic.

We hate how rappers copy other rappers (see the descendants of wayne, drake, and kanye) but dude is wild unique and original. You could see the wayne influence a few years ago but now he is in his own lane clearly.

I'm 33 and have been listening to hip hp since Ready to Die. I love the fact that Biggie's lyrics can flow over any beat. I genuinely think thugga could body any production. I'm not saying he's a battle rapper or should perform in the backpackers lounge cypher or nothing, but his creativity is unmatched from a cadence and flow standpoint.

I am not a thugga fan that downloads his albums or mixtapes regularly. I listen to his music that comes across my radar and there have been times where I was literally blown away by how nible he can flow and how he'll get ADD with a cadence and just switch it up mid verse.

2 chainz doesn't get enough credit for his rhymes patterns and flows either :mjpls:

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Spitting on a Preemo beat is supposed to be some measure on how great rapper is? I bet Cube wouldn't sound that good on a Preemo but he's top 10 DOA
I actually disagree. He has made dopeness with MC Eiht, I think they could lock into a studio and make some heat.

Last edited:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
full

he most memorable songs from Cube are not him doing his best NY impression
Cube never did an NY impression though? :gucci:
What are these records you're speaking of?