Game informer Rates The Greatest Game Of All Time

ChatGPT-4

Superstar
Daps
Horizon what? I know you're not talking about that series with Aloy? That shyt can't even get GOTY.
it was nominated for GOTY, but they gave it to Zelda Breath of the Wild

I won't say much but a rookie game versus that franchise for children didn't stand a chance. but Horizon is a better game (played both). and that's that.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
At least my tastes come from over 40 years of gaming, vs the 15-20 years by the folks who made that bracket.

Bloodbourne, Shadow of the Collossus, nor Nier Automata will have a fraction of the influence or cultural impact of a game like Tecmo Bowl. Yet, Tecmo Bowl didnt even make the list.

100%. Sports Games don't get the credit they deserve

Tecmo Bowl
Madden
Double Dribble
Lakers Vs Celtics
Baseball Stars

:wow:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of time released two days after Half-Life. Play both games today, and the OoT stan has to use some serious cope to argue why its a "Greater" game than Half-Life. HL had better graphics, gameplay, presentation, and was more influential to the greater gaming industry. Is Half Life the GOAT game? I dont know, but fans of it make better arguments for it compared with Legend of Zelda fans who usually don't even make an argument. They just give OoT the title and hope you don't ask questions.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some of these choices are straight FUGAZI. BG3 is one of the best of all time but BG2 isn't on there??? Nah. And some other glaring omissions
RE2
Metal Gear Solid
Sonic
Shenmue
GTA (I forgot which number)
Mortal Kombat
Street fighter
Super Mario 3

All of those were legit game changers
GTA 3. When that dropped, it was like a meteor hitting. Nothing was like it before for scale and ambition.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You got Pac-Man, Super Mario 3, Tetris, etc.
No Sonic
No Contra
No F-Zero
No Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu
No Mario Kart
No Castlevania
No Golden Eye
No Ninja Gaiden
etc.

That overall list is a 6/10 for me. So many classics and iconic games not there.

Don't tell me it's the "ultimate" list of games when you don't include all the classics to shake up the brackets. That ain't a complete gamer's list for gamers, sorry. It's a shame Game Informer has been around for so long and that's their list of "classic games".

That's like only having the AFCCG and NFCCG without the rest of the play-offs to shake things up.

Last edited: