I'm too hot to handle
Way I scramble they thank I'm Randall
Cookin' every plate like Barry Sanders
Cookin' with a hanger
Heat it wit a lighter, stove, or candle
Whatever must be done to get them grams up
I'mma run them grams up
I'mma cook them yams up
Zone 6 East Atlanta stand.....if his new Rich nikka shyt ain't Betta than this one he Betta take that shyt off the album cuz this one here....classic

Gotright

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
detroit
Gucci gets props for overcoming all of what he overcame to arrive where he's at now. When T.I. and Jeezy were huge, it just wasn't his time. Gucci's music then wasn't resonating because it didn't connect with the '00's and even the early '10's. Gucci found his sound and the reason he's bigger now than was previously is because his music connects more with this era than the previous ones. Gucci was not going to hit like that in the '00's because there was already T.I. and Jeezy running the streets doing trap music at the level they were doing trap music and it wasn't a need for a Gucci. T.I. and Jeezy fell behind the times and Gucci's style is far more in tune with now than them.
you so wrong breh

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this nikka gotta come in and argue shyt from his limited POV in every fukkin thread. we appreciating and anticipating gucci, take that shyt -----> :camby:

If you don't agree. Read it move on. Talk about limited POV when half the time, ya'll just type BS and run with it.

I even gave Gucci props, but because it wasn't some over the top, wagon riding post, you gotta problem with it. Never had an issue with you for you to come at like that. Get out your feelings and stop the standing.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
If you don't agree. Read it move on. Talk about limited POV when half the time, ya'll just type BS and run with it.

I even gave Gucci props, but because it wasn't some over the top, wagon riding post, you gotta problem with it. Never had an issue with you for you to come at like that. Get out your feelings and stop the standing.
breh, i don't have a problem with you, but your take is wrong AF and they often come from a limited POV or googling shyt vs real-world response. gucci wasn't a commercial success, and still isn't, this has been stated before, but his music absolutely was hittin in the 00's, he fell off in the early 10's and went to jail and has come back swinging. gucci been a staple and it wasn't just this decade that made him one :heh:

CoCKy GeNiuS

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gucci gets props for overcoming all of what he overcame to arrive where he's at now. When T.I. and Jeezy were huge, it just wasn't his time. Gucci's music then wasn't resonating because it didn't connect with the '00's and even the early '10's. Gucci found his sound and the reason he's bigger now than was previously is because his music connects more with this era than the previous ones. Gucci was not going to hit like that in the '00's because there was already T.I. and Jeezy running the streets doing trap music at the level they were doing trap music and it wasn't a need for a Gucci. T.I. and Jeezy fell behind the times and Gucci's style is far more in tune with now than them.
Wtf do u be talkin about

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh, i don't have a problem with you, but your take is wrong AF and they often come from a limited POV or googling shyt vs real-world response. gucci wasn't a commercial success, and still isn't, this has been stated before, but his music absolutely was hittin in the 00's, he fell off in the early 10's and went to jail and has come back swinging. gucci been a staple and it wasn't just this decade that made him one :heh:

What was wrong with my take? I Googled nothing for this and everything I post is real world. When I am challenged on what I post, yes, I am going to give you a receipt via something I Googled vs. just saying it is what it is just because I said so. More people should do it. Why? A lot of misinformation is spread on here and lies and hot takes go inchallenged all the time and people take it and run with it as fact.

Who said Gucci wasn't a staple? My point is that he is a much bigger deal now than he was in the '00's. He always had a cult like following, but people actually in here saying he had a longer career than T.I. and Jeezy. They are contemporaries and Gucci never reached the levels they reached. Not a knock against Gucci, but the truth.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What was wrong with my take? I Googled nothing for this and everything I post is real world. When I am challenged on what I post, yes, I am going to give you a receipt via something I Googled vs. just saying it is what it is just because I said so. More people should do it. Why? A lot of misinformation is spread on here and lies and hot takes go inchallenged all the time and people take it and run with it as fact.

Who said Gucci wasn't a staple? My point is that he is a much bigger deal now than he was in the '00's. He always had a cult like following, but people actually in here saying he had a longer career than T.I. and Jeezy. They are contemporaries and Gucci never reached the levels they reached. Not a knock against Gucci, but the truth.
you said his music didn't resonate in the 00's...that's wrong when clearly he was a staple. which is it - no one cared about his music or he was a stapel? :what:

no one was talking about him being as big of a selling artist as them :stopitslime: and he's not bigger now so much as he's at a point where the cumulative effect of his longevity as an artist, his influence on younger rappers, still being relevant, plus continuously putting out or introducing some of the hottest rappers, dude is at the point where you have to salute. and that's what we're talking about...not whatever shyt you came in on about it not being his time and his music not resonating in the 00's of all eras :dead:

edit: anyway, i'm done, this is the album discussion thread, not hip hop rewritten history

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you said his music didn't resonate in the 00's...that's wrong when clearly he was a staple. which is it - no one cared about his music or he was a stapel? :what:

no one was talking about him being as big of a selling artist as them :stopitslime: and he's not bigger now so much as he's at a point where the cumulative effect of his longevity as an artist, his influence on younger rappers, still being relevant, plus continuously putting out or introducing some of the hottest rappers, dude is at the point where you have to salute. and that's what we're talking about...not whatever shyt you came in on about it not being his time and his music not resonating in the 00's of all eras :dead:

edit: anyway, i'm done, this is the album discussion thread, not hip hop rewritten history

OK, so Gucci had plaques in the 00's? He was featured on #1 songs in the 00's? He had a lot if rappers sounding like him in the 00's? Did not all this happen in the '10's?

Staple, means that he was someone who was consistently putting out music and had a following. Only other way I know how to put it is the Trina comparison. Trina was by no means the biggest female rapper in the 00's like Gucci wasn't even the biggest trap rapper or rapper in his lane in the 00's. Trina was consistent and definitely a staple. Trina's contemporaries went on hiatus, fell off, and even when female rap wasn't as huge, Trina still did her thing. The smoke clears and a lot of female rappers now are more influenced by Trina than her contemporaries. Does that mean she had a longer career? No. Does it mean she had a bigger career? No.