Gym brehs, come in here and post workout / diet tips that have actually worked for you

7Dyce7

Rookie
Daps
im a big believer in strength training and compound lifts, even for the beginners that want to put on mass and not much strength. i used to curl all the time, and it didnt do shyt for my arms, until i started hitting dips for triceps and pullups and chinups for biceps. damn my arms blew up when i was hitting them. i swear by compound lifts though, especially if you are interested in athletic performance enhancement... there is no other way around that---strength training should be the base of your training, and you should be doing mostly compound lifts, if not all.

creatine and pre workout are the only supplements that really "work" in the sense that you cant get the same benefit without.

but thats just me.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Going to read this thread later, I really hope that pill helps me sleep. I have been a mess :mjcry:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I've been taking a caffeine pill and a b-12 vitamin for my pre-workout and i didn't realize how potent it was until I took it and ended up missing the gym. shyt had me going crazy.

I'm taking zinc and magnesium now, is that the same as ZMA? Sorry if it's a stupid question

Edit-I've decided I'm going to cop a concept 2 rower for the crib. Goat cardio machine. Going to go with that over the new iPhone next month. Tough decision but :yeshrug:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I've been taking a caffeine pill and a b-12 vitamin for my pre-workout and i didn't realize how potent it was until I took it and ended up missing the gym. shyt had me going crazy.

I'm taking zinc and magnesium now, is that the same as ZMA? Sorry if it's a stupid question

Edit-I've decided I'm going to cop a concept 2 rower for the crib. Goat cardio machine. Going to go with that over the new iPhone next month. Tough decision but :yeshrug:
is taking a caffeine pill daily bad? any side effects? :jbhmm:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This shyt really a lifestyle.
I hope one day I can make time for it :wow: and eat wayyyyy better of course
Truest shyt I ever spoke breh... if you don't make time for it you're gonna find your time is cut short.

Daps
It's hard to continue as the weights get heavier, but it's so much easier to schedule gym time. Plus only going to the gym 3 time a week.

Yea,most ppl I see do full body work,only come to the gym 2-3 times a week,always figured they were pressed for time

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yea,most ppl I see do full body work,only come to the gym 2-3 times a week,always figured they were pressed for time

Yea the flexibility with it is huge no doubt. Plus you can do cardio the other 3 days to help lose weight. Fullbody is also the best program for a beginner or a smart advanced lifter.