Gym brehs, come in here and post workout / diet tips that have actually worked for you

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Another one

Dont be scared of cardio in a bulk- cardio + good water consumption = you will look drier but stay hydrated. Also it will give you calorie freebies, and of course be good for your heart. Helps with endurance in the gym too, to get those last reps and sets off. Dont have to go HAM with HIIT or long endurance stints.... just half an hour of MISS 2 or so times a week is probably good enough.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Anybody ever done a parasite cleanse?

If so speak on it

TheArchitect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How much is "too much"cardio exactly?

Basically, I want to get to the level where I'm running 7-8 miles a day (very long ways, but a good goal in my eyes).

Right now the most I could push out is maybe 2 miles in about 20 minutes, asides from a regular workout (a mix of mainly calisthenic, a couple machines and free weights. I also train in boxing and mma with drills and sparring from time to time....

HE_Pennypacker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Some good gems ITT.

Some things I was gonna add; up your greens. I like adding spinach to an omelet. I also use a quality greens powder, and will make half my plate greens. You'll be farting some noxious/poisonous stuff, but you'll feel great.

Do more circuits with weights. I do a lot and my fitness is off the charts.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I haven't read any posts so I might be repeating since you probably have heard about what I'm saying :manny::

Drink a lot of water...I mean 8 liters or more, the stuff hydrates, suppresses appetite and even in some instances your dehydration can lead you to believe that you're hungry when you really aren't. The only downside is that you'll be pissing a lot but as anyone who really has lost a good deal of weight can attest to, water weight is the first thing that goes (i.e. glycogen).

If you're not really focusing on strength, focus on circuits. Personally I believe bodyweight circuits can be just as gruesome and effective as cardio so focus on that. An example of what I do:

Do your appropriate stretches:
  • 3 sets of jumping jacks (30 seconds) superset with 10 reps of crawling push-ups (you start standing then crawl into plank posting using your arms only, do a push up then walk yourself back into standing position with your hands while keeping your legs straight)
  • 30 chin ups (depending on your strength level you can do a neutral, underhand or wide grip)
  • 50 squats
  • 40 inverted rows (every time you stop switch the grip)
  • 100 push-ups
  • Superset crawling plank (done the same way as the push up above except you just go into plank on your forearms for 30 seconds or more) with 10 or more mountain climbers
Don't move on to the next workout until you have completed your reps. If you aren't :dead: after that then :leon: and do another round :jawalrus: You can also increase the reps and time if you're stronger than that as well.

Keep in mind though that building muscle is an important part of losing weight...your RMR will increase as you have more muscle mass. So eating the right things in addition to getting enough rest between sessions is key.

With that said I like PHAT even though I'm not doing it to the T. (shoutout to @krackdagawd ) I like the idea of combing hypertrophy and powerlifting, shyt keeps your body on some :dwillhuh: shyt. I add in some jump rope at the end of the days where I'm not completely :dead: I also swim at the beach around the corner from my apartment every once in a while (@Malta :umad: )

I keep it basic, I eat a lot of vegetables and protein with enough carbs. I eat steak a few times a month (aged and grass-fed) but eat chicken, fish and eggs around the clock.

I stopped doing OTC protein shakes because of the IGF-1 (insulin like growth factor) breaking out my skin, but if you have no side effects then keep doing your whey (I suggest water). I personally can't fukk with dairy too hard with the exception of the occasional pastry or scoop of ice cream. I even cut out most cheese from my diet and my skin has been clearing up :sadcam:

I am planning on buying a juicer and doing my research on what fruits and vegetables I should use for a shake that I'll like but in the meantime I'm just eating.

Caffeine does help curb one's appetite so tea can help in that regard.

Oh and supplement wise I take fish oil (EPA and DHA), three multi-vitamins from Optimum Nutrition and two BCAA capsules from Optimum Nutrition. I also take aminolytes prior to working out.